ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa, C'mon Man

Funky Bunch

HR Legend
Mar 30, 2011
map1.png

Impressive that Kris Bryant is already the best selling player in 7 states.

wink.r191677.gif

Walter Peyton makes perfect sense, but I am surprised that Jordan isn't #1 anywhere.

Namath? WTH is the overriding connection between Broadway Joe and Iowa? He hasn't played in 40 years. We sit in the middle of a lot of pro cities, but, you think someone more Midwest orientated would be the leader. If it's generational you'd think Fran Tarkenton would still be popular in Iowa.

Originally posted by lucas80:
Namath? WTH is the overriding connection between Broadway Joe and Iowa? He hasn't played in 40 years. We sit in the middle of a lot of pro cities, but, you think someone more Midwest orientated would be the leader. If it's generational you'd think Fran Tarkenton would still be popular in Iowa.
Let's be honest, they probably sold only a handful of jerseys in the state of Iowa. Someone probably bought 2 Namath jerseys.

Originally posted by TJ8869:

Broadway Joe became the hero of many an Iowa farmer after the Suzy Kolber incident.
Not only was Suzy hot, but she did not exactly say "No." She appeared to actually enjoy being hit on by a sports icon of Namath's stature.

Additionally Joe was sporting a stunning white fur coat ... exactly like the one we all hope to own one day.

And ... appealing to the frugality of the Midwestern mind, he was still wearing it after buying it 30-40 years ago.

[/I]

So is Arkansas Bo Jackson or Albert Belle? Belle was born in Louisiana so I assume that is who it is.

Pretty sure this is for throwback jerseys not just player. Still Namath in Iowa doesn't make a lot of sense.

Don't we have a poster who owns a sporting goods store in downtown Iowa City? ...or a book store that sells jersey, sweatshirts and etc.?

Maybe someone could contact him and find out what's up with this stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT