ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa could have 3 Offensive Linemen selected in 2021 NFL Draft

that would pretty awesome for the program. Assumedly your third one would be Linderbaum, should he excercise that option (and my fear is that he will)

on the one hand it would be great for the perception of the program and recruiting, but on the other hand, it leaves a LOT of holes to fill for 2021

Reactions: Franisdaman
If Iowa has 3 OL’s go in the first 2 rounds and the amount of talent in WR that we think we have and we don’t make the BIG championship you have to start asking questions. Unless Petras turns out to be a dud but even an average QB with a good line should put up decent numbers. Also 2 RB’s that are proven in Sargent and Goodson anything less then what we had last year in the win column would be a disappointing season.

Reactions: naturalmwa
If Iowa has 3 OL’s go in the first 2 rounds and the amount of talent in WR that we think we have and we don’t make the BIG championship you have to start asking questions. Unless Petras turns out to be a dud but even an average QB with a good line should put up decent numbers. Also 2 RB’s that are proven in Sargent and Goodson anything less then what we had last year in the win column would be a disappointing season.
Need the guard spots to take a step forward for this line to really excel, and if that happens I think the tools are there in all other positions for this offense to be pretty potent.

Need the guard spots to take a step forward for this line to really excel, and if that happens I think the tools are there in all other positions for this offense to be pretty potent.
This. It’s been the guard spots holding the running game back as well as not mixing up the blocking scheme.

Reactions: unclesammy

could be tough to repeat last season’s win total with the schedule we have this year. Playing Ohio and Penn State back to back after they both are coming off bye weeks is a grind. Hoping for the best here however. Go Hawks!

Reactions: kceasthawk
I would like to see Linderbaum play the 2021 season before turning pro.He has only played the center position for one year. I believe a third season would be the big money year for him.

Reactions: kceasthawk

This. Cronk is a great addition as it allows MK to stay at lg. If I'm right about that then there's no way the guard spots aren't much improved. We have several options at those spots and they all should be better than last year.

could be tough to repeat last season’s win total with the schedule we have this year. Playing Ohio and Penn State back to back after they both are coming off bye weeks is a grind. Hoping for the best here however. Go Hawks!
This. The schedule and how it falls always needs to be taken in context. Its not just who you play but when you play them and where that matters.

Yeah, it's a completely different season than 2019, unfortunately.
Playing only big10 teams sucks, in a lot of ways.
#gohawks

I mean...I could see Linderbaum leave - he's damn good and I expect him to bulldoze people this season.

Problem is: who the hell will take over for him??

I think Ferentz recognized “Great Center” when he was recruiting Justin Britt. That would be my guess to take over for Linderbaum

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT