ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa cracks the preseason Top 25 (ESPN & Landof10)

Print up those 2018 Big Ten champs shirts. Kids in Somalia can always use more clothes.
Point taken but made in a highly insensitive manner. Kids there could use alot more than clothes, mainly the end of foreign meddling in their countries affairs. I just watched a vid about the situation there. The suffering of the children is the most heartbreaking part.

On to the ranking bit, I won't pay an ounce of attention to any ranking we have until November. Then it might mean something.

Print up those 2018 Big Ten champs shirts. Kids in Somalia can always use more clothes.

No kidding with their 18’ schedule it isn’t happening next year.

For Iowa to be there in the end have to take care of business at home this year. Can’t drop more than one game at home.

Reactions: 8N5_4ever
Uhh... why is our special teams ranked #18? If you include our punter we got to be close to last. Lets hope that other guy (G-spot?) is able to play.

The advanced metrics liked Iowa's special teams last year. Yes, punting could have been better, but Iowa had several big plays on trick special teams plays last year, some big KO returns (ISM against Nebraska, Wadley against BC twice), Recinos was good on field goals and Iowa gave up very little on KO returns. I'm not trying to claim Iowa's ST were great, just don't let one facet cloud your judgement.

oh, nothing's free........you sitting through two humbling beat-downs the last two years will serve as payment in full, no need to tack on a rent invoice as well.

This response is worth my respect.. 56-14? Sounds like a cheap ass automated response but you my friend raised the bar for them..

Record prediction including the ia/neb game final score?

Stupid request and I won't bite...There are enough questions surrounding NU that a prediction on 2018 record much less a score is absolutely ridiculous at this time. What is important for 2018 is the program gets better and the foundation is laid for the future. With the schedule and having to undo the Riley mess, 7 wins would be great.

If ya really want a prediction I'll give ya one, but it's going to be longer term, Huskers take 7 of the next 10 from the Hawks.

Stupid request and I won't bite...There are enough questions surrounding NU that a prediction on 2018 record much less a score is absolutely ridiculous at this time. What is important for 2018 is the program gets better and the foundation is laid for the future. With the schedule and having to undo the Riley mess, 7 wins would be great.

If ya really want a prediction I'll give ya one, but it's going to be longer term, Huskers take 7 of the next 10 from the Hawks.
So, you won't make a prediction for next season, but you will for the next 10 years...ooookkkkkaaayyyyyy.

I was talking about Iowa's record this year.

You may not have noticed on your way in but the site is Hawkeye report and the post title is about Iowa and the top 25.

The time frame of said post is this year.

What's with you Debby fans?

You either want to jump in your Delorean and time travel to 1997 or fast forward to some obscure date in the future where Frost is making you scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Sit back and watch...
Pretty easy to make a ten year prediction when you know there's no accountability for that long a period of time. Like who is going to call you out 7 or 8 years from now if Iowa wins 6 of the next 7 games? I know all you shuckers are riding the high of bringing home a favorite son, but I love how you dismiss the possibility that Iowa may be on an uptick as well. Your right though, we'll see.......;)

Not like it’s a dangerous position or anything
More stubborn Kirk?
Not sure if you're serious.... You're really okay with Stanley being on the receiving end of a roughing the punter call? You don't think opposing coaches wouldn't sell out going to block the punt if they saw Iowa's starting QB doing the regular punting duties?

I like when Stanley does the pooch punt from shotgun, but otherwise let someone else do it.

I don’t know why Stanley can’t punt. He’s obviously the best option we have.
Not like it’s a dangerous position or anything
More stubborn Kirk?

He's paying for a scholarship so he's damn well going to play him apparently.

Although, the Stanley punt probably doesn't work so well when the other team is ready for it.

Pretty easy to make a ten year prediction when you know there's no accountability for that long a period of time. Like who is going to call you out 7 or 8 years from now if Iowa wins 6 of the next 7 games? I know all you shuckers are riding the high of bringing home a favorite son, but I love how you dismiss the possibility that Iowa may be on an uptick as well. Your right though, we'll see.......;)
Nice response to this fusker dolt.

Gersonde will be just fine. David Bradley sucked his freshman year too. The physical talent is not the issue. Top 10 nationally his Senior year of HS. They say lefty punters can cause returners problems with the opposite spin.
Yeah, I suppose they can. But you have to actually be able to kick it far enough to be fielded before the spin has any effect.........

ADVERTISEMENT