ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa D Wounding Stroud Heisman Chances

Auger

HR All-American
Sep 14, 2007
The Iowa D has been crippled by the Iowa O in this one but talk about a heroic final stand for the D. Definitely weakening Stroud's Heisman hopes. He is definitely falling back after today.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Good post. Congrats to a championship level defense for Iowa. I don’t think anyone can comprehend what a bad position they have been put in by our horrible offense, whatever the reason. I’ll continue to watch and cheer on our team, especially our defense!!

Reactions: JStandefer
I think the D is a bit overrated by Iowa fans but they're doing everything they can in this one with absolutely no help from the Iowa O. This game is ugly but it could be much worse given the field position. The D has played well vs the best offense and 2nd best team in the nation.

Reactions: HawkLogic
Because of the offense. You can’t see that? Even the announcers (who would blow the entire OSU team if given the opportunity) understand this. But you don’t?

Because of the offense. You can’t see that? Even the announcers (who would blow the entire OSU team if given the opportunity) understand this. But you don’t?
The defense is overrated because nearly every team we’ve played had a terrible offense (Nevada, ISU, Rutgers, SDSU). We’ve played two teams with a pulse and given up 27 and 54. We wouldn’t be a top ranked defense if we didn’t play in a bad division, that’s a fact.

Reactions: Nihilist Rodgers
The defense is overrated because nearly every team we’ve played had a terrible offense (Nevada, ISU, Rutgers, SDSU). We’ve played two teams with a pulse and given up 27 and 54. We wouldn’t be a top ranked defense if we didn’t play in a bad division, that’s a fact.
Once again, it’s because of our completely inept offense. The defense has been more than great but you can’t be put in bad positions EVERY TIME and not give up points. Given an average offense, our defense is top 5.

Uh no. Heismans are won - or lost - in the big games and his will be against PSU and Michigan. And besides, Stroud (and OSU) really lit it up after the half-time adjustments. It was a tale of 2 halves.

Your defense is really rock solid but hard to keep up with no offense. Iowa needs to get rid of "Daddy's Boy" Brian

Iowa defense is good at getting turnovers and scoring on defense. The front 4 pass rush is not elite and while the run defense is solid, it is not the best Iowa has had. I agree it is impossible to judge how good the defense is becasue the offense is the worst in football. Certainly the 1st half defense vs OSU was pretty good.. Iowa is playing B1G teams. In case no one has noticed, B1G litle 12 are not that good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT