ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Democrat Senate candidate wants to make state 'liberal' like California

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007
During a campaign event at a high school in Des Moines, Iowa, retired Navy Vice Admiral Michael Franken, the Iowa Democrat taking on longtime Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, said that he wanted to "change" the state to have more "progressive thought" than California.

"Like Iowa used to be," Franken said. "We would swing at ideas well before states like California."

Last edited:
During a campaign event at a high school in Des Moines, Iowa, retired Navy Vice Admiral Michael Franken, the Iowa Democrat taking on longtime Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, said that he wanted to "change" the state to have more "progressive thought" than California.

"Like Iowa used to be," Franken said. "We would swing at ideas well before states like California."

You really don't understand media.

Good luck with all that. LOL!

That, detective, is the right question.
Anything negative about the left has to come from fox or has to be at a point in a Dem presidency that it’s just way too obvious that they’re terrible at governing

What is wrong with that. Do you think all California policies are wrong? Isn't Cali the world's 10th largest economy on its own? Why is Fox News the only outlet reporting this?
People are leaving CA in droves. I haven’t heard California used as a positive comparison for anything in years. But if it works for him great. Time for Chuck to go for sure.

So you like the way the dems are moving the country? Like the insane inflation, the border bs, and crime spiking. Most the country and iowa are not impressed.
Nope. I'm disappointed, although other than inflation, you're exaggerating just as the right wing nuts tell you.

People are leaving CA in droves. I haven’t heard California used as a positive comparison for anything in years. But if it works for him great. Time for Chuck to go for sure.
I agree. It is too expensive and some places need better government. However, it is still the hub of American technology. Take politics out of it and California has a very good economy.

The left is the biggest joke in my lifetime. All they have to do is be moderate and not insane to gain the support of myself and other right leaning voters. Instead, they lose their freaking minds. I am livid that I actually voted for this disaster. What a stain on our country.
I am definitely not left. Biden sucks. I am sick of our country believing stupid crap on cable news and social media. Bye.

• Haha
Reactions: LaTavianGreenshaw24
What a horrendous piece of clickbait that article was.

Franken said that he wants Iowa to have more progressive thought, the way it used to be, when they would take swings at new ideas before other states like California.

And the takeaway from Fox News and the Republicans is that Franken wants to make Iowa like California. What a bunch of disingenuous garbage. OP, you should be embarrassed for posting (and apparently believing) such a dogshit article.

ADVERTISEMENT