ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Democrat Senate candidate wants to make state 'liberal' like California

Iowa was always a progressive state for many years. It would be wonderful if it would return to being so.
Being a life long resident of Iowa, I remember being a proud native Hawkeye. The past decade has been difficult, remembering how Iowa used to be and watching it become what it is now....parochial, petty and small minded thinking.
I guess that is why I support the Admiral.

What a horrendous piece of clickbait that article was.

Franken said that he wants Iowa to have more progressive thought, the way it used to be, when they would take swings at new ideas before other states like California.

And the takeaway from Fox News and the Republicans is that Franken wants to make Iowa like California. What a bunch of disingenuous garbage. OP, you should be embarrassed for posting (and apparently believing) such a dogshit article.
"Said Californy is the place ya wanna be, so they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly, Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars".

• Love
Reactions: seminoleed
I am sure he meant leading with new ideas.

I want to make Iowa better than California leaves so many good ending options to that sentence. The only way to screw it up worse than “more liberal” would be “more traffic”, “more taxes”, or “higher gas prices”.

"Like Iowa used to be," Franken said. "We would swing at ideas well before states like California."
Does he mean when Chet was Gov? The state was in a financial mess back then.

Just how much time did this retired Admiral ever spend in Iowa during his decades on duty? There's no naval bases in Iowa.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I didn’t read a god damn thing thing in Northern’s post and I don’t care.

But it always amuses me what the right gets offended at, I’m often like, oh hell yeah that sounds good haha.

I didn’t read a god damn thing thing in Northern’s post and I don’t care.

But it always amuses me what the right gets offended at, I’m often like, oh hell yeah that sounds good haha.
He is a professional victim. His whole life is one agonizing, aggrieved injustice after another.

• Haha
Reactions: GroupThink
Anything negative about the left has to come from fox or has to be at a point in a Dem presidency that it’s just way too obvious that they’re terrible at governing

This is why I disregard anything that comes from Fox or MSNBC. They do not even come close to giving balanced coverage and I do not want to sort through the BS to try and find the real stories.

Reactions: globalhawk
Iowa was always a progressive state for many years. It would be wonderful if it would return to being so.
Maybe if progressive meant forward thinking and/or new ideas. Unfortunately the modern progressive is nothing more than neomarxists and word and thought police.

I agree. It is too expensive and some places need better government. However, it is still the hub of American technology. Take politics out of it and California has a very good economy.
Then what are you worried about? He should make it his campaign slogan.

‘Make Iowa like California again!’

Reactions: GroupThink
Once again the board simpleton Republicans just don’t get it. They should be more focused on their cult leader bleeding them dry.
People in Iowa should not care about who should be their senator, but instead, should obsess about Trump like the lefties on this board do? Makes complete sense! Lol

I'll just leave this here:

I'll just leave this here:
Holy shit. Lol

Franken is a good man who served in the Navy for 39 years. The GOP will stop at nothing to destroy him in order to keep the corpse of Chuck Grassley in the Senate.
Just curious before it happens, what will be considered destroying him?
Is pointing out differences in position on policy considered destroying him?

Grassley will eventually be gone and both sides have tried/succeeded in destroying good men in the name of politics

Being a life long resident of Iowa, I remember being a proud native Hawkeye. The past decade has been difficult, remembering how Iowa used to be and watching it become what it is now....parochial, petty and small minded thinking.
I guess that is why I support the Admiral.
No, you support the admiral because he is a democrat. You'd support Bozo the Clown if he was running the the blue ticket. For God's sake you still support Slow Joe who doesn't even realize he is president.

What a horrendous piece of clickbait that article was.

Franken said that he wants Iowa to have more progressive thought, the way it used to be, when they would take swings at new ideas before other states like California.

And the takeaway from Fox News and the Republicans is that Franken wants to make Iowa like California. What a bunch of disingenuous garbage. OP, you should be embarrassed for posting (and apparently believing) such a dogshit article.
Are you new to "politics" and "news sources"?

ADVERTISEMENT