ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Democrat Senate candidate wants to make state 'liberal' like California

What is wrong with that. Do you think all California policies are wrong? Isn't Cali the world's 10th largest economy on its own? Why is Fox News the only outlet reporting this?

And it wasn't even about specific ideas; just the progressive mindset that leads to addressing certain problems at all. He wants Iowa to be a leader in trying to address said problems. (not just 'do what california does')

And it wasn't even about specific ideas; just the progressive mindset that leads to addressing certain problems at all. He wants Iowa to be a leader in trying to address said problems. (not just 'do what california does')
This thread is a Prime example of our whys. We can provide all the facts and detail and explanations and it doesn't matter

Reactions: Tom Paris
Never quite understood most Iowan's disdain for California.

California hating seemed to start with Hannity back a decade ago or so and it stuck around because it ended up being politically profitable.

And yeah, they have their problems, but it's still a nice place I like to visit. And historically these problems seem to come and go, so I'm guessing they'll do what they need to eventually.

No, you support the admiral because he is a democrat. You'd support Bozo the Clown if he was running the the blue ticket. For God's sake you still support Slow Joe who doesn't even realize he is president.
If Bozo the Clown was running against Grassley, yes I would support Bozo! Anyway, I disagree with about 95% od what Grassley stands for and does....in fact I disagree with about 90% of what Iowa Republicans do and want done, and until Republicans move away from religion in their politics, I will never vote for them...or one of them. Plus, there is a whole more of what Dems believe in that I can support.
And you are correct, I do support Biden as President. The GOP have no ideas...and haven’t for a couple of decades.

This is why I disregard anything that comes from Fox or MSNBC. They do not even come close to giving balanced coverage and I do not want to sort through the BS to try and find the real stories.
MSNBC serves as the perfect counter-balance to FOX. I watch far more FOX programming as I only watch Morning Joe from MSNBC.
The other day I tuned in on n FOX programming 5-6 times and probably watched a little over an hour of their programming...and not one mention of the 1/6 hearings was referenced...and not one mention of the ex-Trump aides testimony about how they all swore, they advised trump there was no election fraud and certainly none that could be proven. Now that is News...instead FoX spent a lot of time about Hunter Biden.

Maybe start by not lying. That’s an excellent way to post on here. No one believes you have back door political connections.
Link to where I said I had back door connections? I said I know both of them, which I do. Believe it or not, some of us have real life friends, and actually do things.

• Haha
Reactions: GroupThink
Admiral Halsey was from westTexas, I believe. What seaport is located in westTexas?
You are thinking of Nimitz. He was from Fredricksburg, Texas which, as you suggest is not close to many large bodies of water unless we are including small rivers. If you ever get the chance, Fredricksburg is a very fun city to visit. Lots of breweries (very German background) as well as an awesome museum covering the Pacific Theater of WWII. My parents live about an hour away from there in the Texas foothills... I know csb!

Reactions: franklinman
From one who actually knows both of these people, it should be.

43317663.jpg

Link to when he did this? Or are you just making shit up again?

Never mind, we all know the answer.

Good grief... It's in post #46. The same post #46 that you responded to with a laughing emoticon.

You're asking for a link when one has already been provided and there is even proof that you've seen it. Weird...

You're a bizarre little fella...

During a campaign event at a high school in Des Moines, Iowa, retired Navy Vice Admiral Michael Franken, the Iowa Democrat taking on longtime Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, said that he wanted to "change" the state to have more "progressive thought" than California.

"Like Iowa used to be," Franken said. "We would swing at ideas well before states like California."

Don’t do it, I’ve lived in CA for 46 years, it’s become a sh*thole. Californians are leaving in droves. The population has dwindled over the past couple years. The folks leaving? Middle class Americans who can’t afford the high cost CA lifestyle, are sick of the homeless epidemic and are tired of record crime numbers.

Reactions: EasyHawk
I love it when ignorant dems refer to the KKK an organization founded by Democrats and try to hang them on the right. Hey libs, you made'm, you own'm.
My goodness you give me headaches with how clueless you are. Truly a textbook example of our whys.

Don’t do it, I’ve lived in CA for 46 years, it’s become a sh*thole. Californians are leaving in droves. The population has dwindled over the past couple years. The folks leaving? Middle class Americans who can’t afford the high cost CA lifestyle, are sick of the homeless epidemic and are tired of record crime numbers.
On the positive side, in some CA cities, if you steal less than $600 from a business, you can leave with no repercussions.

JFC, he was bragging about squashing Fox News, not CNN. not MSNBC.

He was being political and you know it.
Dude. Of course he was being political. I asked if you knew if other news outlets were allowed to air during meals? Can you do some research? Can a soldier pull their cell phone out and watch Fox News if they desire?

The left is the biggest joke in my lifetime. All they have to do is be moderate and not insane to gain the support of myself and other right leaning voters. Instead, they lose their freaking minds. I am livid that I actually voted for this disaster. What a stain on our country.
You'll never be happy if that's the lens you look through.

You'll never be happy if that's the lens you look through.
I don’t live to be happy. I live to know the truth. Happiness is a made up construct by idiots who
don’t realize they’re glorified slaves to consumption and gluttony- and religion isn’t related to that opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT