ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa GOP chairman blasts potential presidential candidate Liz Cheney

IaHawk44

HR MVP
Feb 20, 2006
These ****s act like our judicial system, reality and oaths of office don't matter anymore.

Right wingers need psychiatric care, all of them.

IOWA GOP CHAIRMAN BLASTS POTENTIAL PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE LIZ CHENEY

Iowa GOP chairman blasts potential presidential candidate Liz Cheney​

OCTOBER 10, 2022 BY O. KAY HENDERSON

Harriet-Hageman-RI-photo-286x300.jpg

Harriet Hageman. (RI photo)
Comments from key Iowa Republicans make it clear a prominent GOP critic of former President Donald Trump faces a tough campaign in Iowa’s 2024 Caucuses if she runs for president as a Republican.
Harriet Hageman, the Republican who defeated Wyoming Congresswoman Liz Cheney in an August Primary, was the keynote speaker at a Polk County GOP fundraiser tonight. Iowa G-O-P chairman Jeff Kaufmann, the evening’s emcee, called Cheney “a poor loser.”
“What happened in Wyoming was pure grassroots…and it was versus the D.C. swamp…The grassroots absolutely kicked it out of the ballpark,” Kaufmann said, to cheers. “…It’s really kind of sad to see someone that is part of a team and forgets they’re part of that team if things don’t go their way.”
Kaufmann ridiculed those who’ve praised Cheney for her role on the committee investigating Trump’s actions as the U.S. Capitol was being attacked as well as those who lamented her primary loss.
“When I heard all of the comments afterwards and the sadness and the wondering and the comparison to Abraham Lincoln — really? Really? We’re not going there, are we?” Kaufmann asked the crowd rhetorically.
Former Governor Terry Branstad, appointed by Trump to be U.S. Ambassador to China, suggested siding with Trump has been a winning formula for Iowa Republicans.
“You know, we went through that in 2016. (In) a lot of other states, Republicans got divided. Not here! Not here,” Branstad said. “We all pulled together. We carried the state for Trump and we picked up a bunch of seats and, you know, he’s continued to do that.”
State Senator Brad Zaun of Urbandale was the first Iowa elected official to endorse Trump in 2015 and he praised Hageman for defeating Cheney. “We were watching that night and we are so proud of you,” Zaun said. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for winning that election.”
Republicans make up a sizable majority of voters in Wyoming and Hageman is virtually assured of winning Wyoming’s only seat in the U.S. House next month.
“We have to be sending people to Washington, D.C. who are not going to be cowed by the people who have been there forever who say: ‘No, this is the way we do it,'” Hageman said.
Hageman will campaign with Iowa Republicans in Ottumwa, Cedar Rapids and Bettendorf tomorrow.

Liz Cheney is as roughly viable a presidential candidate as Ghislaine Maxwell. LOL at her being referred to as such.

And I say that as someone who is much more aligned with Cheney on Trump than the majority of Republicans in congress, and respects her conviction on that.

But she's got literally no constituency. She's not a team player to Republicans, and to Democrats she would be just another Republican fascist. Just like Republicans will do everything in their power to defeat Manchin in 2024 despite him slowing Biden's agenda.

She knows this. Her future is in the media, where she will be end up as the center-left "Republican" on MSNBC, the View, the Washington Post, etc. She's not dumb.

Liz Cheney is as roughly viable a presidential candidate as Ghislaine Maxwell. LOL at her being referred to as such.

And I say that as someone who is much more aligned with Cheney on Trump than the majority of Republicans in congress, and respects her conviction on that.

But she's got literally no constituency. She's not a team player to Republicans, and to Democrats she would be just another Republican fascist. Just like Republicans will do everything in their power to defeat Manchin in 2024 despite him slowing Biden's agenda.

She knows this. Her future is in the media, where she will be end up as the center-left "Republican" on MSNBC, the View, the Washington Post, etc. She's not dumb.
Well put.

And by not a team player, we just mean she didn’t kneel before trump.

really makes all the ads we see about how candidate X will “speak truth to power” all much more hilarious. Here we have a clear example of some one who truly didn’t do this…and virtually her entire party turned on her.

Reactions: cigaretteman
And by not a team player, we just mean she didn’t kneel before trump.

really makes all the ads we see about how candidate X will “speak truth to power” all much more hilarious. Here we have a clear example of some one who truly didn’t do this…and virtually her entire party turned on her.

Sure, if that's how you want to look at it. But politics is a zero sum blood sport, and her actions don't add anything to electability of Republicans or furthering their agenda. They serve nothing but herself and her ideals. That's fine, its her right and some would say her moral duty, and I applaud her for it. I agree with her.

But for those whose job it is to get Republicans elected and pass the Republican agenda, she can't be counted on. I may not like it, but that's the way it is. That doesn't mean I agree with the speaker or the sentiment of the original post, but she's got no future in the party if you're seen to be working against the interests of the party.

Sure, if that's how you want to look at it. But politics is a zero sum blood sport, and her actions don't add anything to electability of Republicans or furthering their agenda. They serve nothing but herself and her ideals. That's fine, its her right and some would say her moral duty, and I applaud her for it. I agree with her.

But for those whose job it is to get Republicans elected and pass the Republican agenda, she can't be counted on. I may not like it, but that's the way it is. That doesn't mean I agree with the speaker or the sentiment of the original post, but she's got no future in the party if you're seen to be working against the interests of the party.
The interests of the GQP cult is not the interests of the USA. Period

Reactions: cigaretteman

Which is just silly. She had one of the most reliably republican voting records in congress. Literally the only thing she did wrong was to cross Trump. She doesn’t do that, she’s in congress as long as she lives.

Which is just silly. She had one of the most reliably republican voting records in congress. Literally the only thing she did wrong was to cross Trump. She doesn’t do that, she’s in congress as long as she lives.
Seriously, I think her voting record was like 95% along party lines. These cult members deceive themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT