ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Gov. Reynolds joins multistate grandstanding effort on immigration

I know playing stupid again, at least I hope you're pretending, but we have a labor shortage contributing to inflation.

But it's in the best interests of Republicans ahead of the midterm to keep inflation high.
ILLEGALS basically stopped coming here when Trump was elected, so why wasn't there MASSIVE inflation during his administration??

You are all proving why being a leftist is a religion, it is not based on real concrete logic. Why do the lefties like illegal immigration, crickets, why do the dems support grooming kindergartners? crickets, why do the dems support tax gifts to rich blue state millionaires (SALT) but not blue collar citizens? crickets, why do the lefties support free college for spoiled rich Ivy league brats? crickets.

There is no reason to be a leftist but you are because you "believe".......:rolleyes:

ILLEGALS basically stopped coming here when Trump was elected,
Well..this is not true. If you look at border apprehensions as a calculation of total illegal crossings (i.e., total apprehensions + apprehended = total crossings) there were approximately 400,000 apprehensions for the first two years in office, which continued the trend from about 2012 (and a long term declining trend from 2002) with a marked spike in 2019 (over 800,000). Then a drop in 2020 to 400,000, arguably for Covid reasons.
so why wasn't there MASSIVE inflation during his administration??
Based on this statement, I am going to assume you are poorly educated and trying to explain inflation to you will be a waste of time

Well..this is not true. If you look at border apprehensions as a calculation of total illegal crossings (i.e., total apprehensions + apprehended = total crossings) there were approximately 400,000 apprehensions for the first two years in office, which continued the trend from about 2012 (and a long term declining trend from 2002) with a marked spike in 2019 (over 800,000). Then a drop in 2020 to 400,000, arguably for Covid reasons.

Based on this statement, I am going to assume you are poorly educated and trying to explain inflation to you will be a waste of time
So your assertion is, inflation has been trending down since the election due to Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb's policy "maneuvers? Probably due in large part to he way they've taken US Debt by the proverbial horns > https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Reactions: HondoShagwell
So your assertion is, inflation has been trending down since the election due to Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb's policy "maneuvers? Probably due in large part to he way they've taken US Debt by the proverbial horns > https://www.usdebtclock.org/
Sigh...

One, I never made that assertion or suggestion in the post. However, I would suggest you research deficit spending in the last administration.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Between Charlottesville, voting initiatives that have a disparate impact on minorities, or the continued fascination with a non-issue on immigration, it's pretty tough to make an argument that the Republican party is not racist
I don't think that illegal immigration is a non-issue. It's just the US approach to it has been wrong for 50 years. But when all you have is a hammer the whole world looks like a nail.

I don't think that illegal immigration is a non-issue. It's just the US approach to it has been wrong for 50 years. But when all you have is a hammer the whole world looks like a nail.

It's a non-issue. It's been going on as long as any of us have been alive, and nearly all of us descend from immigrants. Illegal has been successfully attached in order to garner support from the law and order faction of the Republican Party, but the issue is immigration. History will judge this episode going on for the last 15 years or so and not be too kind if you're anti-immigrant.

Iowa will join more than two dozen other states — all led by Republican governors — in an effort to assist federal immigration enforcement at the U.S.-Mexico border by sharing intelligence and information from criminal investigations.

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds made the announcement Thursday afternoon.

The group has named itself the American Governors’ Border Strike Force, and set the goal of helping “put an end to the crime stemming from the southern border,” a news release from Reynolds’ office states.

Advertisment

The 25 states will share intelligence information to improve border enforcement, and share information from criminal investigations to help combat drug trafficking, human smuggling, and drug cartels and other organizations crossing the border into the U.S., the news release said.

Participation in the effort will not cost any taxpayer-funded state spending, and it will not require the use of state law enforcement officials, Reynolds’ office said.

Reynolds said the Republican governors feel compelled to act because they believe Democratic President Joe Biden’s administration has not sufficiently enforced federal immigration laws.

“We can’t stand idle while President Biden does nothing to stop the crisis at our border, which is having devastating effects on every state,” Reynolds said in the news release. “President Biden’s disastrous border policies and lack of leadership are destroying our country. Fentanyl and other major drugs are becoming increasingly prevalent in our communities, so we must step up and protect our states, our families, our children, and our country that we’ve worked so hard to keep safe.”

The progressive advocacy group Progress Iowa issued a statement criticizing Reynolds’ decision to join the multistate effort, calling it “pure politics.”

“By joining this Border Strike Force, Gov. Reynolds and her corporate donors are trying to divide us — by stoking fear against people based on where they come from or what they look like,” Progress Iowa executive director Matt Sinovic said in the statement. “Iowans need a leader who will address the issues our state is facing, increase jobs and wages, and improve access to health care. This stunt is pure politics and ignores what Iowa families need while exploiting people in need.”

Capitol Digest​

Newsletter Signup
checkmark-yellow.png
Legislative News Delivered to your inbox each weekday

The states participating include: Arizona, Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

"an effort to assist federal immigration enforcement" = grandstanding? huh

No Mr. rocket surgeon,... The arrest count is up is because border crossings are up even more,.. The percentage of arrests to crossings is significantly down,.. Math is hard.
Where’s the stats of those crossing and not getting caught and how does one count these people not being caught?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ILLEGALS basically stopped coming here when Trump was elected, so why wasn't there MASSIVE inflation during his administration??
Ever heard of Covid 19?

And the resulting supply chain issues after the Trump administration tried to cover up the info from November 2019 until March 2020 regarding the outbreak?

Stop being obtuse.

• Haha
Reactions: Hondo_11
Through the 87' of border wall(curtain) that Trump stole $$$ from the defense budget to build? That stopped illegal immigration?

You should do standup comedy.

Reactions: IA_HAWKI
Nothing says you're serious about border control like a half assed plan that is being done for free.

Reactions: MitchLL
The GOP has no plan.

Just showboat and criticize.

Remember "Repeal/Replace" during the 2016 campaign? Never did offer a better option and didn't get shit done in four years.
Reynolds: "By committing no funding and no man power to this problem, I promise it will somehow get solved."

Reactions: nelly02
I don't know, but the Ukrainians sure figured out how to deal with the folks invading their country in very short order.

This whole thing is just about sharing information which imo should be done for all crime. But by all means, please continue your circle jerk.

So arrest less is your solution?

Just because your wife isn't very bright doesn't change the fact that more is being done right now to stem the tide of illegal immigrants than ever before, and Biden is taking heat from the left because of it.
LOFL! We should all know by now what the term "arrest" means to a Democrat. You can't be this Fing dumb, oh wait.......

Iowa will join more than two dozen other states — all led by Republican governors — in an effort to assist federal immigration enforcement at the U.S.-Mexico border by sharing intelligence and information from criminal investigations.

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds made the announcement Thursday afternoon.

The group has named itself the American Governors’ Border Strike Force, and set the goal of helping “put an end to the crime stemming from the southern border,” a news release from Reynolds’ office states.

Advertisment

The 25 states will share intelligence information to improve border enforcement, and share information from criminal investigations to help combat drug trafficking, human smuggling, and drug cartels and other organizations crossing the border into the U.S., the news release said.

Participation in the effort will not cost any taxpayer-funded state spending, and it will not require the use of state law enforcement officials, Reynolds’ office said.

Reynolds said the Republican governors feel compelled to act because they believe Democratic President Joe Biden’s administration has not sufficiently enforced federal immigration laws.

“We can’t stand idle while President Biden does nothing to stop the crisis at our border, which is having devastating effects on every state,” Reynolds said in the news release. “President Biden’s disastrous border policies and lack of leadership are destroying our country. Fentanyl and other major drugs are becoming increasingly prevalent in our communities, so we must step up and protect our states, our families, our children, and our country that we’ve worked so hard to keep safe.”

The progressive advocacy group Progress Iowa issued a statement criticizing Reynolds’ decision to join the multistate effort, calling it “pure politics.”

“By joining this Border Strike Force, Gov. Reynolds and her corporate donors are trying to divide us — by stoking fear against people based on where they come from or what they look like,” Progress Iowa executive director Matt Sinovic said in the statement. “Iowans need a leader who will address the issues our state is facing, increase jobs and wages, and improve access to health care. This stunt is pure politics and ignores what Iowa families need while exploiting people in need.”

Capitol Digest​

Newsletter Signup
checkmark-yellow.png
Legislative News Delivered to your inbox each weekday

The states participating include: Arizona, Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Here's a WILD FOKING IDEA....

incentivise business to take money from China and start putting it into Mexico for their cheap labor?!?!?!

I know, crazy idea....

It's sad, we get performance art instead of good governance. But, she's angling for a post in the next Republican administration, and Iowan's accept it because unborn babies and Libs need to be owned while they fall further and further behind in life.
Kimmie should be front and center helping to craft and promote immigration reform. Iowa needs workers. Just not the brown kind.
Speaking of brown(and black and white), is it ok yet to call natives red and Asians yellow? Do arabs have a color?

arresting and sending back home and arresting and then releasing back into the United States are two different things right? right?

The GOP has no plan.

Just showboat and criticize.

Remember "Repeal/Replace" during the 2016 campaign? Never did offer a better option and didn't get shit done in four years.
MitchLL, keep saying "the GOP has no plan" "the GOP has no plan" "the GOP has no plan" while clicking your heels together and maybe you will get the same result as Dorothy did. I wish it were true , I wish it were true, I wish it were true.......

MitchLL, keep saying "the GOP has no plan" "the GOP has no plan" "the GOP has no plan" while clicking your heels together and maybe you will get the same result as Dorothy did. I wish it were true , I wish it were true, I wish it were true.......
What did the GOP offer to replace ACA?

I'll wait for your answer.

How does someone in dire, financial condition do that?
How does someone in dire financial condition deal with food issues, a place to live, and the like. This is America and we take care of our own but goverment is never the answer.

If you have facts to share with ratio data showing illegal crossings to deportation rates, I'm open to review.

My statement is a fact,.. Since you can't deport someone until after they have illegally crossed the border, measuring the number of deportations provides no indication of how successful any administration's border control program is.

My statement is a fact,.. Since you can't deport someone until after they have illegally crossed the border, measuring the number of deportations provides no indication of how successful any administration's border control program is.
Though this may be true, it’s also likely that when you apprehend more your efforts to stop the problem is more effective than one who had less. Not 100% certain if this but would guess the odds make it very likely to be true.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Though this may be true, it’s also likely that when you apprehend more your efforts to stop the problem is more effective than one who had less. Not 100% certain if this but would guess the odds make it very likely to be true.

No, not at all,.. and that's some serious hedging there dude,..

Deportations speak to enforcing policy.

Your statement wasn't a fact. It was a remark.

Do you have data showing the ratios of illegal crossing to deportations?

Based on your last response, I'm convinced you have nothing to back up your prior remarks and I'm not surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT