ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Governor ranked country’s best Governor

The more I dig at this, the more Reynolds stinks. Her solution to dirty water pre pandemic was to simply change the rules of how pollution was counted. This is beyond incompetence.

I appreciate your passion on the water issue Huey, it’s legit. However, if you are going to rely on any state or federal government to make our water 100% clean I think you will be sadly disappointed. It’s why I invested in a whole house filter and still run every drop of water I put in my body through a Zero Water filter. There are solutions at your end of the tap.

The Cato Institute is full on Libertarian. If they think Kim is doing a good job, it's a good sign she sucks. All this rating means is she doesn't like taxes, state funded schools and favors business over all.

Reactions: nelly02 and torbee
I appreciate your passion on the water issue Huey, it’s legit. However, if you are going to rely on any state or federal government to make our water 100% clean I think you will be sadly disappointed. It’s why I invested in a whole house filter and still run every drop of water I put in my body through a Zero Water filter. There are solutions at your end of the tap.
Unfortunately in Iowa you are correct. We cannot depend on our governor to supply clean water so must do it ourselves. I don't disagree with you here.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Unfortunately in Iowa you are correct. We cannot depend on our governor to supply clean water so must do it ourselves. I don't disagree with you here.
The other factor everyone forgets is your pipes. If you have never peeked inside one they get pretty gross. This is a good video that supports my theory of controlling the quality at the tap …

We need clean water now. We need fully funded schools. We need to figure out ways to keep all our small towns from dying. Every month we delay on these actions we only make these problems bigger, more expensive, and less likely to get solved.
It took 10 years to clean up the waterways in Penna, but thank God they started and finished the job. When will Iowa start ?

Reactions: Huey Grey
Again, just take the L. It's more dignified that way.

The Cato Institute is libertarian in its political philosophy, and advocates a limited role for government in domestic and foreign affairs as well as a strong protection of civil liberties. This includes support for lowering or abolishing most taxes, opposition to the Federal Reserve system and the Affordable Care Act, the privatization of numerous government agencies and programs including Social Security and the United States Postal Service, demilitarization of the police, and adhering to a non-interventionist foreign policy.

That description is most definitely not non-partisan.

Reactions: torbee
That description is most definitely not non-partisan.
There really is no “non-partisan” anymore. I can confirm though that your typical Libertarian (I am one) will vote for D’s and R’s and in many cases 3rd party independents. It’s a growing piece of the electorate as both the Ds and Rs shift further left and right.

Last edited:
There really is no “non-partisan” anymore. I can confirm though that your typical Libertarian (I am one) will vote for D’s and R’s and in many cases 3rd party independents. It’s a growing pieced of the electorate as both the Ds and Rs shift further left and right.
My experience with people who claim they are libertarians are they are actually Republicans but too embarrassed by the GOP to call themselves that so they get to vote for the same people but not have to carry the stigma of being a modern Republican. But hey, if you know some libertarians who actually vote for Democrats more power to you.

School funding is fine.

And get out of here with your plea for small towns. So fake...
Your side despises the people that live in them.
Bullshit it is. Stop talking about things you don’t know about. School funding is a joke. In fact this Governor told a small town Superintendent “You’re lucky I gave you 2%.” She’s a dick.

Reactions: sob5
My experience with people who claim they are libertarians are they are actually Republicans but too embarrassed by the GOP to call themselves that so they get to vote for the same people but not have to carry the stigma of being a modern Republican. But hey, if you know some libertarians who actually vote for Democrats more power to you.
There is some truth to that with recent converts. We are not going to kick them out. We are the true “big tent” party. Think of us the DMZ … or the lyric from the old Steeler’s Wheel song “clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you”.

Last edited:
Not a surprise. We watched her take the COVID issue and teach the nation how to deal with a crisis. That’s why they call her Curevid Kim. They don’t make them like her anymore. Iowans are lucky to have such a brave leader.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT