ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa GQP legislator proposes banning any minor from seeing a drag show

I'm young but I just don't see the appeal with drag shows. Maybe because I'm not gay or a pedo? IDK.
How do you say your ignorant without saying your ignorant. Pedo? That's quite the leap. You do realize not all drag performers are gay don't you?

There was a video or pic of a Drag show that was at a high school, if I remember correctly. One of the performers was in a thong or G-string. If that's the type of Drag show they're talking about, I see no issue with restricting the age limit.

We don't allow minors in strip clubs. Even those where the dancers where G-strings and pasties. Of course, there's alcohol at those establishments, so there's that too.

If we're just talking about singing or dancing performances (tasteful) then i don't see a reason for this law,. I guess it all comes down to the type of show they're putting on.
Drag queens aren't strippers. The ignorance expressed by some in this thread is quite sad.

You know this shit is going to get way worse right?

But you know when the Dems elect Rita Hart to run the party, she of 2x back to back L's, this state is f'd. The demographics are permanently f'd anyways and most people are running to leave Iowa. I take care of my geriatric father and once he passes, I am out of here. This is becoming a dead letter state for anyone with an education or a functioning brain.

Reactions: lucas80
It's iffy at best, maybe even poorly defined, and you can look at it one of 2 ways- As a traditional Drag show, or a show/play that contains "drag elements". I prefer to think they mean a show like you'd catch at the old Dragon Lounge in CR....

Senate File 348...read it here
Look, nobody is sorrier than me that your party has been taken over by lunatics. Getting all testy with me doesn't change the fact that this is what your party has become. You want to split hairs, go to Des Moines and voice your displeasure. It's laughable that you think the people behind this see a difference between South Pacific, Tootsie, The Bird Cage... It's all got to go in their minds.

There was a video or pic of a Drag show that was at a high school, if I remember correctly. One of the performers was in a thong or G-string. If that's the type of Drag show they're talking about, I see no issue with restricting the age limit.

We don't allow minors in strip clubs. Even those where the dancers where G-strings and pasties. Of course, there's alcohol at those establishments, so there's that too.

If we're just talking about singing or dancing performances (tasteful) then i don't see a reason for this law,. I guess it all comes down to the type of show they're putting on.
FpqIwHbXsAIdw1_.jpg

So is it the thong that makes it not "tasteful"?

What happened to parent's choice? Oh yeah, it's only certain parent's who get to choose. :rolleyes:

I hope they pass that ridiculous law that requires a school district to inform parents if they believe that their kid is transgender. I would then encourage every educator I know to call every sanctimonious parent in the district on a daily basis to say, "I think your son/daughter is transgender". Perhaps several calls a day would be even better, because it's super serious stuff and they're just following the law.

You know this shit is going to get way worse right?

But you know when the Dems elect Rita Hart to run the party, she of 2x back to back L's, this state is f'd. The demographics are permanently f'd anyways and most people are running to leave Iowa. I take care of my geriatric father and once he passes, I am out of here. This is becoming a dead letter state for anyone with an education or a functioning brain.
And an embarrassment to say where you're from.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I hope they pass that ridiculous law that requires a school district to inform parents if they believe that their kid is transgender. I would then encourage every educator I know to call every sanctimonious parent in the district on a daily basis to say, "I think your son/daughter is transgender". Perhaps several calls a day would be even better, because it's super serious stuff and they're just following the law.
As an educator, I'm looking forward to receiving the state's guidance on ascertaining whether or not a student is transgender. For art class, my own kid (8th grade) emblazed the crackhawk logo on a pink sweatshirt, and he wears it about once per week. Should I expect a phone call?

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
I read you compared it to strip club.

You’re being intentionally ignorant which is worse than being a moron.
I was talking about the incident where the Drag Queen was in a G-String/Thong with their bare ass flopping all over.

I later said if the show is tasteful like most are, I don't see an issue and neither should the legislature.

My comparison to the strip club was the but flapping show.

I was talking about the incident where the Drag Queen was in a G-String/Thong with their bare ass flopping all over.

I later said if the show is tasteful like most are, I don't see an issue and neither should the legislature.

Who decides tasteful?

Who decides tasteful?
I do. I make all the decisions around here. You didn't know that?

In all seriousness, are you insinuating that some might find the butt flapping show as tasteful? I'm sure some would. But that's where the age debate comes in.

So does the government need to pass a law preventing kids from seeing anyone in a thong?

As an educator, I'm looking forward to receiving the state's guidance on ascertaining whether or not a student is transgender. For art class, my own kid (8th grade) emblazed the crackhawk logo on a pink sweatshirt, and he wears it about once per week. Should I expect a phone call?
For using the crackhawk logo yes, yes you should.

Exactly, why does everything have to be political. Why would we want or allow any child to be exposed to a sexually explicit show (male or female). Instead we have people especially on here who have a don’t give a sh() attitude. Then you get mad when people try to stop it through the legislature. We have fallen a long ways as a society when We think this is ok for children to watch

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT