ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has an open practice on Thursday in Columbus

TomKakert

Publisher, HawkeyeReport.com
Sep 16, 2001
If you happen to either live in the Columbus area or are traveling over for the game on Friday, each team has an open practice on Thursday. Iowa will be the first team on the practice floor at the arena starting at 11 am (local time). Teams have 40 minutes of time on the court. Admission is free.

Here's the full schedule for Thursday.

Open Practice Schedule
11 - 11:40 pm Iowa
11:45 pm - 12:25 pm Colgate
12:30 pm - 1:10 pm Cincinnati
1:15 pm - 1:55 pm Tennessee
3:25 pm - 4:05 pm Utah State
4:10 pm - 4:50 pm North Carolina
4:55 pm - 5:35 pm Washington
5:40 pm - 6:20 pm Iona

I'll never forget watching Duke's practice in Greensboro in '92. The last 10 minutes of their session was a huge dunk-fest. The only ones who didn't participate were Laettner and Hurley. The other dozen or so players suited up all looked like they belonged in the NBA All-Star dunk contest, and Grant Hill could have given Jordan a run for his dunk-money.

If you happen to either live in the Columbus area or are traveling over for the game on Friday, each team has an open practice on Thursday. Iowa will be the first team on the practice floor at the arena starting at 11 am (local time). Teams have 40 minutes of time on the court. Admission is free.

Here's the full schedule for Thursday.

Open Practice Schedule
11 - 11:40 pm Iowa
11:45 pm - 12:25 pm Colgate
12:30 pm - 1:10 pm Cincinnati
1:15 pm - 1:55 pm Tennessee
3:25 pm - 4:05 pm Utah State
4:10 pm - 4:50 pm North Carolina
4:55 pm - 5:35 pm Washington
5:40 pm - 6:20 pm Iona
any idea if the sheet of ice will be under the basketball court?

if the answer is yes, i hope we don't see players slipping and falling.

now that temps are rising (we could suddenly see temps in the 60's), arenas can have big time issues with condensation.

These open practices, for basketball dorks, are great. Yes, teams aren't going to show much, but you can definitely glean some interesting things about each program. I've made it very clear in here what I thought of Villanova's open practice.

now that temps are rising (we could suddenly see temps in the 60's), arenas can have big time issues with condensation.

Can't remember the last time that was a problem in a modern NBA/NHL arena. You saw it occasionally at the old Boston Garden or Chicago Stadium. But these new arenas have climate control far superior to those old arenas.

Given that it's in the Blue Jackets arena, I would assume that there will be ice under the floor. I'm sure that they are prepared for it.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Can't remember the last time that was a problem in a modern NBA/NHL arena. You saw it occasionally at the old Boston Garden or Chicago Stadium. But these new arenas have climate control far superior to those old arenas.
The problem with slipping is more of a logo problem rather than condensation.

It’s nice that they were able to get up some shots and get a feel for the court/depth perception/hoops etc.

May be minor, but I feel like this is something that plays to a team like Iowa’s advantage

Reactions: Hawksfor3
As far as being off social media-the players are definitely posting on Instagram. If anyone cares. Lol. JBO is two seasons thru game of thrones and not impressed.

Given that it's in the Blue Jackets arena, I would assume that there will be ice under the floor. I'm sure that they are prepared for it.
Hope u r having fun!

What were your thoughts on the arena? Just curious.

Also, I noticed that some fans who are in Des Moines are complaining about the poor wi fi in the Well. Example: they upload a video and it does not post until after leaving the arena. I thought they were supposed to have that issue fixed a couple years ago when the last NCAA Tournament was in town. I wonder why it is still an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT