ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling Schedule?

Jan 17, 2015
What is the 2018-2019 Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling Schedule?
I don't see it on the official site. It should be there by now?

But, an extended purpose of this thread is to help us all keep up with all the other Events upcoming. Such as WTT, and all the cool events that HWC are projected to part-take in...
I sometimes only see/read about the events after the fact.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Upcoming HWC events:

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/events/

2018 Okoboji Golf Outing: Friday August 3rd

Location : Emerald Hills Golf Club, 808 US-71, Arnolds Park, IA 51331

2018 Des Moines Golf Outing: Thursday Sept 27th
Location: Echo Valley Country Club,150 Echo Valley Dr, Norwalk, IA 50211

2018 HWC Trap Shoot (Riverside,IA): Sat October 6th
Location : Highland Hideaway, 3127 160th St, Riverside, IA 52327

What is the 2018-2019 Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling Schedule?
I don't see it on the official site. It should be there by now?

But, an extended purpose of this thread is to help us all keep up with all the other Events upcoming. Such as WTT, and all the cool events that HWC are projected to part-take in...
I sometimes only see/read about the events after the fact.

Thanks in advance
Wondering the same thing, Many of the other schools have their 18-19 schedules published.

From the other Schedule thread:

Found some other dates
2/3 at Nebraska 1/25 at Illinois and Kent State doesn’t have Iowa on their schedule.

11/16 vs Princeton
11/24 vs Purdue?
12/1 vs Iowa State
1/13 at Minnesota
1/25 at Illinois
2/3 at Nebraska

These are the ones I’ve seen so far

Didn't release the schedule last year until August 9th, so could pop up anytime in the next month. PSU doesn't have theirs listed either that I can find, so maybe the schools are trying to put together something like a couple years ago.

Hopefully get some good non-conference meets in Carver. As it currently looks, not much for Big10 home schedule.

Didn't release the schedule last year until August 9th, so could pop up anytime in the next month. PSU doesn't have theirs listed either that I can find, so maybe the schools are trying to put together something like a couple years ago.
That would be great. Horrible home schedule this year, leading attendance numbers might be in jeapordy, although the ISU meet will likely draw.

That would be great. Horrible home schedule this year, leading attendance numbers might be in jeapordy, although the ISU meet will likely draw.

With Spencer Lee leading off duals, I highly doubt the attendance record is in jeopardy. The more casual a fan is, the more scoring needed to keep their attention. Between the weak teams on the schedule, and the hammers in the lineup, there should be plenty of excitement in the way of bonus points.

With Spencer Lee leading off duals, I highly doubt the attendance record is in jeopardy. The more casual a fan is, the more scoring needed to keep their attention. Between the weak teams on the schedule, and the hammers in the lineup, there should be plenty of excitement in the way of bonus points.
You would think the Iowa City duals would be well attended by that logic.

Reactions: el dub
I don’t think many people are showing up to see Coe or Iowa Central regardless of the time of day. Same for Purdue and Princeton.

Not about the teams as much as the first chance to see our guys. I'll be there regardless. I want to see Spencer Lee every chance I get. See our 133,141 guys. See Kemerer at 74 and Young/Wilcke at 57/84 potentially and see Warner in Carver. Gets me excited to just type it.

Not about the teams as much as the first chance to see our guys. I'll be there regardless. I want to see Spencer Lee every chance I get. See our 133,141 guys. See Kemerer at 74 and Young/Wilcke at 57/84 potentially and see Warner in Carver. Gets me excited to just type it.
Oh, me too. There are a handful of us. Not enough to put 6-8k in the seats, or the 10-15k that show up for a good dual.

Oh, me too. There are a handful of us. Not enough to put 6-8k in the seats, or the 10-15k that show up for a good dual.

Sadly you are correct. We get more Iowa fans to show up to a bad men's basketball team then to a top national wrestling team.

Watch out for Northwestern
I think that one is at Northwestern isn't it? Regardless, there should be some good matches. I think the Cats best wrestler is against our best and Spencer pins or techs him next year. Who do you think is better........Northwestern or Illinois this coming year? Hawks usually get both in one weekend if on the road.

Anyone think Spencer will go the Burak route and compete unattached until after Midlands?

Anyone think Spencer will go the Burak route and compete unattached until after Midlands?

No. Why would he do that? And is it really the "Burak route" when that's what he did last season?

We drew 7600 for Ryder and 7500 for Northwestern last season. So once again I'm calling BS on your post

I don’t think many people are showing up to see Coe or Iowa Central regardless of the time of day. Same for Purdue and Princeton.

Princeton is going to have some good matches. I'll show up.

But yea, to what CRHawk said...Iowa Duals are held on Friday during the day. You and Willie seem to be the only ones who go this route.

I guess I always thought Burak was held out in case he got hurt he still had his redshirt in play. He did it a couple seasons if I remember right.

We drew 7600 for Ryder and 7500 for Northwestern last season. So once again I'm calling BS on your post
Did not realize it was that high. Impressive.

Still PSU is nipping at Iowa’s heels in average attendance. PSU would take Iowa’s spot atop the average leader board if 7,500 is Iowa’s average.

Did not realize it was that high. Impressive.

Still PSU is nipping at Iowa’s heels in average attendance. PSU would take Iowa’s spot atop the average leader board if 7,500 is Iowa’s average.

It is tough for them since Rec Hall only seats 7,200 and they wrestle most of their duals there.

If they pass Iowa for this year it is OK. The best wrestling program in the country should be a factor in the attendance game.

It is tough for them since Rec Hall only seats 7,200 and they wrestle most of their duals there.

If they pass Iowa for this year it is OK. The best wrestling program in the country should be a factor in the attendance game.
I like Iowa having that title, personally. Even when the team isn’t the best, we put to most butts in the seats.

I like Iowa having that title, personally. Even when the team isn’t the best, we put to most butts in the seats.

But we don't. And by in large we also don't control the schedule. So if someone beats us in attendance, so be it. It isn't like we don't show up for wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT