Stanford27
Texas A&M27
Auburn25
Texas25
UCLA25
Wisconsin25
South Carolina24
Southern California23
Got dam Vikings cutting Nate Stanley, otherwise we'd be tied with Clemson, Oklahoma and Notre Dame......

Reactions: hawkosx
Even more shocking is Texas! They get nothing but 4 star talent and never have to travel more than 100 miles in one of the most talent rich states in the country. They barely even recruit and it is more like “picking” which of the best 25 Texas kids they want out of the 200 D1 available athletes.

Which is shocking is how bad the Big 12 is at developing NFL talent. I mean that is ridiculous. So Okie and Texas have 1 more NFL player total than Iowa and Wisconsin from the crappy Big 10 west?! Seriously that is a weak, weak conference.

Fair point Badger. I think you guys having a similar program only a little better hurts. You have owned us recently like we have ISU, Minny and Nebraska. I think not having difference makers at WR hurts. This year we looked like we would. I also think when you play a lot of close games with our philosophy causes some losses. But I agree.

Reactions: badger-007
I’ll trade the three additional players Iowa has put in the NFL over whatever timeframe this covers for Auburn’s and Wisconsin’s recent successes.

Stats like these are great for recruiting and the Iowa program in general, but badger-007 poses a legit question. Why is it that Iowa is seemingly Top 15 in developing NFL talent, but is capable of actually fielding a Top 15 team at a current rate of once every three to five years? I would argue that Iowa football has become increasingly consistent, and consistently better over the past several years, but still trail the Badgers by 1.0 games won on average over the past five. One win per season is substantial.

I’m not expressing disappointment in Iowa football, the coaching staff, etc., so save the snarky responses. Just looking for some thoughtful discussion on the dissonance between stats like this (which measure the production of talent by a program) and actual on field results.

My initial thought is that it is a result of a lack of production at offensive skill positions, while other positions, especially on defense, have flourished. We’ve seen Iowa’s success (wins) increase drastically since Copeland was brought in and talent has improved in the receiver room. If you look at our losses in recent years, it feels like we almost always pin it on a lack of offensive production (of course there are exceptions, like at Purdue a couple years back). I feel like as we get more Smith’s, Smith-Marsette’s, Tracy’s, etc. in the program, Iowa could be elevated to Top 15 on an every/every other year basis versus on an every four year basis

This is from a tabulation done on Sept 7th, so pretty current...………...

GO HAWKS !!!

Suck it Badgers

Why do you insist on posting stupid shit like this? When Iowa wins more head-to-head match ups with Wisconsin, then maybe typing "Suck it Badgers" won't make you sound like you are twelve and have special needs.

Actually, never mind, that would still make you sound like both. You're an embarrassment to the Iowa fan base. Just stop.

Why do you insist on posting stupid shit like this? When Iowa wins more head-to-head match ups with Wisconsin, then maybe typing "Suck it Badgers" won't make you sound like you are twelve and have special needs.

Actually, never mind, that would still make you sound like both. You're an embarrassment to the Iowa fan base. Just stop.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s like Iowa State fans bragging about having more nba players after they lose 3 of the last 4 in basketball to Iowa, come off a horrid year and Iowa is pre season top 10.

Fair point Badger. I think you guys having a similar program only a little better hurts. You have owned us recently like we have ISU, Minny and Nebraska. I think not having difference makers at WR hurts. This year we looked like we would. I also think when you play a lot of close games with our philosophy causes some losses. But I agree.
Wisconsin seems on the rise with it latest recruiting success.

Badger - as I stated earlier I agree with you. I think the teams are similar Wisconsin just does it better. And I think Hawks taking shots at Wisc are flat wrong. And I respect your program.

Wisconsin could say the same thing,Iowa always has a great Defense with solid DB's.
Wisconsin almost always has a dominant running game powered by maulers up front. Iowa has had decent/good running games, but the last time Iowa had a line/back duo that I’d describe as “dominant” was in ‘08 (Wadley was close his junior year)

Alabama56
Ohio State50
LSU41
Florida39
Michigan33
Georgia32
Penn State32
Miami (Fla.)30
Clemson29
Notre Dame29
Oklahoma29
Florida State28
Iowa28
Washington28
Stanford27
Texas A&M27
Auburn25
Texas25
UCLA25
Wisconsin25
South Carolina24
Southern California23
Iowa has/had a formula to develop lesser talented players into more. Will be interesting to see if that continues after the changes.

This is from a tabulation done on Sept 7th, so pretty current...………...

GO HAWKS !!!

Suck it Badgers

Wow. Iowa has three more NFL players than Wisconsin. Big freakin' deal. Personally, I'd rather Iowa won more damn football games with all that talent, including division titles and Big Ten championship games. You know, like "the suck it Badgers." But that's probably just me. LOL

Wow. Iowa has three more NFL players than Wisconsin. Big freakin' deal. Personally, I'd rather Iowa won more damn football games with all that talent, including division titles and Big Ten championship games. You know, like "the suck it Badgers." But that's probably just me. LOL

Awwwww…….you assumed that the lil cheezers were ahead of
THE IOWA HAWKEYES, but REALITY bites, eh??

#gohawks

To be fair is 3 that huge of a difference, and we have had a tendency to lose to them in recent years, so not sure that really tips the scale.

Wisconsin could say the same thing,Iowa always has a great Defense with solid DB's.
Are you saying WIsconsins D isn't consistently good? They consistently shut down our daddy's boy O, but any decent D does that. We have an offense built on running the ball and we have lines of future NFL guys but still don't run the ball well, somehow. It's almost like our OC had zero OC experience coming in. Weird. As long as we win 7 and Kirk has guys he likes on field he's happy

Iowa produces great lines and defenses, but the lack of offensive skill players outside of the TE and QB positions has left them short.
IMO the major difference between Iowa and Wisconsin on recent times has been the RB position. Iowa has had a few greats, but Wisconsin gets more of them.
It is exciting to see WR talent at Iowa and if we can continue that AND finish on some of these 4* RBs, we ciuld see a new ERA. If not, then it is what it is. Great lines and Defense, but a limited Offense.

Honestly shut the hell up or quit being such a a Debbie Downer asshole

Agree

Are you saying WIsconsins D isn't consistently good? That is such an odd question. Badger never came near saying anything even remotely close to that. They consistently shut down our daddy's boy O, but any decent D does that. The personal insults take away from what I consider, a fair point. We have an offense built on running the ball and we have lines of future NFL guys but still don't run the ball well, somehow. While we do put a lot of linemen in the NFL, I think our O-lines have terribly inconsistent. We will have good tackles but bad guard play. Or we will have a line of 5guards. I don’t think the zone scheme is as affective as it was 20 years ago. It's almost like our OC had zero OC experience coming in. Weird. As long as we win 7 and Kirk has guys he likes on field he's happy. Since 2000, Iowa averages 8.3 W’s/year.

Iowa was 10-3, last year, bucky was 10-4 and lost their bowl game.

Very slim difference between the 2 programs, with IOWA being the better program at
Developing talent in to the NFL.

One of Wisconsin's nfl players was from NC State. o_O

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
So why doesn't Iowa win more?

why are you continuously on the Iowa forums? Do you have that secret boner for the Hawks or something? I will bet you one thing Iowa DOMINATED Wisconsin for a span of 20 years (something like 18-0-2) Wisconsin will never sniff anything like that when it comes to long streaks .. your time on top is limited so enjoy what you can ;-)

why are you continuously on the Iowa forums? Do you have that secret boner for the Hawks or something? I will bet you one thing Iowa DOMINATED Wisconsin for a span of 20 years (something like 18-0-2) Wisconsin will never sniff anything like that when it comes to long streaks .. your time on top is limited so enjoy what you can ;-)
It's a hard argument when that dominance ended in 1996. That's kind of like Nebraska fans claiming to be a powerhouse because of the 1990s. Since then it has been a pretty similar back and forth through 2015. Bucky 5 in a row, Herky 4 in a row, Bucky 2 in a row, Herky 2 in a row, Bucky 3 in a row (ending in 2014), then Iowa 1 and Wisky 4 in a row to current. Wisconsin is 7-3 against us in the past 10 years. This pains me to no end since I have lived in Madison since 2010. The only real argument I have is that their athletic program, specifically Football and Wrestling, was built by former Hawkeyes.....and that's a weak argument but it's all I really have had since moving here.

Does 007 owe you an explanation? He can speak for himself but perhaps he just enjoys Iowa-Wisconsin football and all its aspects.
If he or anyone else Is obnoxious or simply trolling, the moderator can end his participation privilege.

Seriously I think we have beat the Wisconsin thing into the Stone Age. For some reason since the fake punt that fateful day they have owned us.

We are a goal line fumble away from them having beat us the past 8 years. It sucks. And man am I hoping one of these years is the year we finally flip the script. I want a Wisky W, bad....

Does 007 owe you an explanation? He can speak for himself but perhaps he just enjoys Iowa-Wisconsin football and all its aspects.
If he or anyone else Is obnoxious or simply trolling, the moderator can end his participation privilege.

Well said and if you noticed the;-) on the end it meant I was just giving him a hard time is all.. you Badger fans on here are good in my books

Seriously I think we have beat the Wisconsin thing into the Stone Age. For some reason since the fake punt that fateful day they have owned us.

We are a goal line fumble away from them having beat us the past 8 years. It sucks. And man am I hoping one of these years is the year we finally flip the script. I want a Wisky W, bad....

Not in 2015!!! BigTen West Champs, 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT