ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa High School Athletic Association should all resign. They are sadistically and willfully F'ng with a high school kid for their own enjoyment

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
A decision from the Iowa High School Athletic Association regarding Iowa recruit Arland Bruce IV's eligibility appeal is expected next week.

Bruce and his attorneys hoped for a ruling to be emailed by Friday following their Thursday morning appeal hearing in front of the IHSAA Executive Committee in Boone. The committee said it would make a decision within five days and, once that decision was made, it would mail the ruling to Bruce, who has watched Ankeny's first two games from the sidelines.

This is just a ridiculous story from start to finish. I don't understand the thought process behind holding up the appeal process at all. I suppose there's some justification to the initial decision even though I didn't agree, but now they're just looking really petty.

This is just a ridiculous story from start to finish. I don't understand the thought process behind holding up the appeal process at all. I suppose there's some justification to the initial decision even though I didn't agree, but now they're just looking really petty.
Well I can see many angles. I think it is ridiculous that we have a system that allows kids to just roll into state and play for a season, and blow back out of town. I think all of these kids should have been disallowed from playing. With that said, if you are going to let Rubley play, it does seem perverse to let him play because his parents can afford to "move" to Iowa (when really they didn't), when Bruce cannot afford such a maneuver. And if you are going to change the ruling, go ahead and email it out, or call them. It's not like when a jury returns a verdict the attorney's don't know right away. Just make the decision and move on.

meh, he'll live. Still headed to Iowa on a full ride. Should have decided to transfer earlier in the process from what I'm hearing. It's been a free for all for the most part into iowa high school programs this year though, who cares about one more other than this kids not at Dowling like many of the others.

A decision from the Iowa High School Athletic Association regarding Iowa recruit Arland Bruce IV's eligibility appeal is expected next week.

Bruce and his attorneys hoped for a ruling to be emailed by Friday following their Thursday morning appeal hearing in front of the IHSAA Executive Committee in Boone. The committee said it would make a decision within five days and, once that decision was made, it would mail the ruling to Bruce, who has watched Ankeny's first two games from the sidelines.

Except for the mail part it seems like they are following the rules.
Keep in mind this group was able to pull off baseball and softball with minor issues. They also are playing football.
I’d rather have their leader in charge of the Big 10.

Heck I have a neighboring district that had a student go to another school where they rented a house but still lived in the first district and all the union said what naughty naughty.

Heck I have a neighboring district that had a student go to another school where they rented a house but still lived in the first district and all the union said what naughty naughty.

could you please explain "naughty, naughty" more? if a person has a legit address in the school district that they are attending what exactly do you expect the iahsaa to do?

I have no problem with what the association is doing so long as they are consistent. If this is how they proceed all the time, then this is a non story.

Further, I just saw that the high school in Missouri where he left is now starting football back up.

Reactions: ghost80
Not sure why the IHSAA selected this kid for such scrutiny, when the same situation has happened at other schools this year. And, within other schools in previous years.
They've never seemed to care one bit before.

I’m confident that you don’t know all the specifics in each case and thus cannot make the claim that the association has “selected” him for “such scrutiny”.

Reactions: DDSHawk
I have no problem with what the association is doing so long as they are consistent. If this is how they proceed all the time, then this is a non story.

Further, I just saw that the high school in Missouri where he left is now starting football back up.

He’s from Olathe, KS not Missouri.

could you please explain "naughty, naughty" more? if a person has a legit address in the school district that they are attending what exactly do you expect the iahsaa to do?
they were only living there part time and in their prior residence at the same time. in other words they were paying to be eligible at another school without actually moving. Plus only part of the family actually stayed in the other place.
State just told the district don't do that again.

Probably reversing their decision to let him play, but mailing him the letter so he can’t play tonight. Probably dropped it in the mail after close of business yesterday.

It feels like the IAHSAA is more interested in the normal family unit that they see in rural Iowa vs. a potential different unit that is unique to this African American family......but no bias suggested yet!

It feels like the IAHSAA is more interested in the normal family unit that they see in rural Iowa vs. a potential different unit that is unique to this African American family......but no bias suggested yet!
You’re right because some kids who transfer and want immediate eligibility don’t have their parents ‘separate’ and live in the new district.

I don’t know the IAHSAA rules inside and out. I’d like to think they’re being consistent.

But don’t mail the letter. That’s just dumb.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I don’t know the IAHSAA rules inside and out. I’d like to think they’re being consistent.

That’s the problem, based on other accounts they aren’t being consistent.

Pretty sad that an 18 year old kid just wants to play his senior year of football and is getting d*cked around like this. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us. He just wants an opportunity to live his life and play football. I feel horrible for him and millions of kids like him that are being raked over the coals by all this covid crap.

Can't send a certified email or voicemail. I'm ok with this kid riding some pine before getting to play. Im also ok if he doesn't get to play.

No, F Trumpers. Elections have consequences.
It just feels like some people can’t except that. It just feels like some people have been bitching 24/7 for almost four years.

nice thing about Biden winning will be the “shit your pants” everyday crowd will be a lot less. Because the media is mostly left and they will under report after Biden is in.

Last edited:
Reactions: naturalmwa

Not necessarily. Kid decided to interject an attorney...best for Boone to protect themselves and send their response via certified mail. Of course if they just threw it in the snail mail and it wasn't certified.....that would be dumb.

If true that his HS in Kansas is starting back up this fall I'm going to LMAO. Kid thought he'd double dip the fall here and next spring back home. Instead, because the IAHSAA decided to challenge his bogus phantom move, he is only going to end up with 1 partial season. That is hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
It just feels like some people can’t except that. It just feels like some people have been bitching 24/7 for almost four years.

nice thing about Biden winning will be the “shit your pants” everyday crowd will be a lot less. Most because the media is mostly left and they will under report after Biden is in.
Bitching is mainly what we do around here. I doubt HROT reflects real life for most.

• Love
Not necessary. Kid decided to interject an attorney...best for Boone to protect themselves and send their response via certified mail. Of course if they just threw it in the snail mail and it wasn't certified.....that would be dumb.

If true that his HS in Kansas is starting back up this fall I'm going to LMAO. Kid thought he'd double dip the fall here and next spring back home. Instead, because the IAHSAA decided to challenge his bogus phantom move, he is only going to end up with 1 partial season. That is hilarious.

Looks like Colorado will play HS football in the fall too. Rubley at Valley is from Co

they were only living there part time and in their prior residence at the same time.

can you or anyone else prove this, or is it just a rumor?

in other words they were paying to be eligible at another school without actually moving.

if they are paying rent for a home in the district and have things there that are needed like clothes, beds, hygiene products who are you or the iahsaa to judge how they live.

Plus only part of the family actually stayed in the other place.

so only families that have both parents and all of their children living together should be allowed to play? who is going to be responsible for investigating and making sure all iowa is living with their natural families?

Reactions: naturalmwa
This is a once in a 100 year situation - let em' all play!

I don't know of a single player that transferred in to play, other than Bruce, who hasn't been able to play. Literally all the other players I know of are in. IAHSAA seems like a bunch of vindictive punks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT