ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa high school baseball.

20424278_1824861770908646_3818240208042985079_o.jpg
Case in point.

No. Their school diminishes them by having meetings at bars, for example, because 4A is too tough for them, and drop down a class...so they can win against small towns. Hard working talent beats hard working less talented kids. And your school plays with big city talent, to beat little town kids...like many of us have been telling you but you are too tunnel visioned to comprehend. But clearly you are proud of it.

Having meetings at bars? Who would ever do such a thing. If you could explain the intent with that one it would be appreciated. Can you give me the myriad of athletes that Regina has sent to all of the Div 1 schools? Obviously there must be a slew of them because they are just uber talented. That's right it's because they live in a city, they are pre destined for success. You are bitter, I get it. I talk to some coaches at some of these 'rural' schools, they talk about their inability to get kids in the weight room, to commit to football, rarely do they talk about socioeconomic or numbers. Perhaps you should status with them and tell them it's only about where they are located and to quit trying because it doesn't matter anyway. Or you could have your program get better.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Having meetings at bars? Who would ever do such a thing. If you could explain the intent with that one it would be appreciated. Can you give me the myriad of athletes that Regina has sent to all of the Div 1 schools? Obviously there must be a slew of them because they are just uber talented. That's right it's because they live in a city, they are pre destined for success. You are bitter, I get it. I talk to some coaches at some of these 'rural' schools, they talk about their inability to get kids in the weight room, to commit to football, rarely do they talk about socioeconomic or numbers. Perhaps you should status with them and tell them it's only about where they are located and to quit trying because it doesn't matter anyway. Or you could have your program get better.
No. You don't get it. You don't get it at all. Re-read the thread. I already posted what Assumption did to end MAC football. Powers within the Assumption community met at a local bar and decided to end the conference. Because they hadn't won a championship yet. It's a fact. Year in and year out they are a conference powerhouse in a 4A conference. But instead of getting better like some of you have said, they chose to play easier competition. The AD/football coach was for it because he was feeling the heat for not getting a state title when everyone else in the school had at least one. It's sick.

Also, like others have said, our issues are more with schools like Assumption, Xavier, and Heelan...who play 4A and 5A conferences and then drop down and beat up on little towns. From what I understand, and I don't follow them, Regina plays pretty much exclusively small schools. I don't believe I have said anything about them or the other 1A privates. So they play what they play in the playoffs. Schools like Assumption drop down, even after winning a 5A league.

No. You don't get it. You don't get it at all. Re-read the thread. I already posted what Assumption did to end MAC football. Powers within the Assumption community met at a local bar and decided to end the conference. Because they hadn't won a championship yet. It's a fact. Year in and year out they are a conference powerhouse in a 4A conference. But instead of getting better like some of you have said, they chose to play easier competition. The AD/football coach was for it because he was feeling the heat for not getting a state title when everyone else in the school had at least one. It's sick.

Also, like others have said, our issues are more with schools like Assumption, Xavier, and Heelan...who play 4A and 5A conferences and then drop down and beat up on little towns. From what I understand, and I don't follow them, Regina plays pretty much exclusively small schools. I don't believe I have said anything about them or the other 1A privates. So they play what they play in the playoffs. Schools like Assumption drop down, even after winning a 5A league.

So they ended MAC football and win 5A football? Regina tries to play up as much as they can. Play Xavier and Solon, have tried to play larger but couldn't get it done.

Yep, it was all Assumption...had nothing to do with the western 4A schools.wanting to go to districts...or the MAC schools tired of losing first round games to MVC schools...it was all AHS...

4A to consider districts

Winners gonna win
Losers gonna lose
Whiners gonna whine
Wildcats gonna wildcat...

Yep, it was all Assumption...had nothing to do with the western 4A schools.wanting to go to districts...or the MAC schools tired of losing first round games to MVC schools...it was all AHS...

4A to consider districts

Winners gonna win
Losers gonna lose
Whiners gonna whine

It makes for a far better story if it boils down to a back room bar meeting by one school to change things for the entire state. Hopefully they met at Bleyarts.

Soooo, anyways.....Johnston baseball is kind of turning into a powerhouse in 4A and should be very good for the forseeable future.

Soooo, anyways.....Johnston baseball is kind of turning into a powerhouse in 4A and should be very good for the forseeable future.

Not possible, not a private school. Lol. They have the program built and the feeders will continue to send players up, they should have a long run. Any plans for another high school?

4A to consider districts

Winners gonna win
Losers gonna lose
Whiners gonna whine
It was all Assumption. That meeting ended the league. Everyone in this league knows it. Assumption people admit it. Again, clearly you're proud of wins against small towns. Good for you.

It was all Assumption. That meeting ended the league. Everyone in this league knows it. Assumption people admit it. Again, clearly you're proud of wins against small towns. Good for you.

Maybe if your team won you wouldn't be so bitter? Is your programs weight room full at 6 AM?

Not possible, not a private school. Lol. They have the program built and the feeders will continue to send players up, they should have a long run. Any plans for another high school?
You missed the point of this entire thread. Summed up in one post.

Tom is really upset his 4A school can't beat Assumption.

FIFY

Tom is a Davenport North Wildcat "supporter"...

I put supporter in parentheses because he's never actually stated how he's supported North since graduation...financial donations, volunteer time, booster club activities, etc.

But he does whine for them something fierce on a message board...

I doubt it. They just built a brand new high school that opens this year. It looks nice.

I know we're talking private schools here, but there are public schools around the Des Moines area that do "recruit" in the 1A/2A ranks of Iowa High School Sports, mainly those west of the metro seems to be the trend.

You continually swing and miss the point of 4A... its the largest classification, if you are winning at that level nothing else can be done except a pruvate only league, if that is what you wish for your regals, push for it. You always say you want to play the best, go all private then.

Reactions: Tom Paris
FIFY

Tom is a Davenport North Wildcat "supporter"...

I put supporter in parentheses because he's never actually stated how he's supported North since graduation...financial donations, volunteer time, booster club activities, etc.

But he does whine for them something fierce on a message board...
Actually - THESE - " " are called quotation marks. Parentheses look like this - ( ). Didn't learn that info at Assumption, eh? We learned that in the public schools. You also seem to lack in reading comprehension so there's that too.

And again, I have a FAR bigger problem with Assumption beating little towns than I do beating North...or Clinton, or Burlington, or anybody else in the MAC. Hell, I will root for Assumption over some schools, believe it or not. I just don't root for them when they drop down and beat Nevada. Or Maquoketa. Or Camanche. You and a couple others haven't grasped that yet. If North doesn't beat them, that's on North.

You continually swing and miss the point of 4A... its the largest classification, if you are winning at that level nothing else can be done except a pruvate only league, if that is what you wish for your regals, push for it. You always say you want to play the best, go all private then.

Actually if you follow the girls athletic association the answer is more classes. Have I seen you pushing to force West Des Moines to split Valley? That BEDS disparity is far more significant than Assumption getting some recruits. There, a new thread and cause to start for you guys, you know since it's not about winning, it's about being fair.

Actually if you follow the girls athletic association the answer is more classes. Have I seen you pushing to force West Des Moines to split Valley? That BEDS disparity is far more significant than Assumption getting some recruits. There, a new thread and cause to start for you guys, you know since it's not about winning, it's about being fair.
giphy.gif

Again... 4a vs 3a... you want nee classes, opt for a private only class..

ADVERTISEMENT