ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa hospitals will be overrun by surge in new cases, says UIHC epidemiologist

Other than the pending restraining orders, these threads have been a consistent source of sensible chuckles for 6 months, so I appreciate it. I personally know hundreds of of healthcare workers, many on the front lines, who completely disagree with everything that has been repeatedly posted here. Your confidence in your position in the face of zero rational basis is inspiring to me.

But, by all means, carry on. It gives me a reason to visit HROT.

Other than the pending restraining orders, these threads have been a consistent source of sensible chuckles for 6 months, so I appreciate it. I personally know hundreds of of healthcare workers, many on the front lines, who completely disagree with everything that has been repeatedly posted here. Your confidence in your position in the face of zero rational basis is inspiring to me.

More than 1,700 U.S. healthcare workers have died from COVID-19, nurses' union says

Golly......the LOLs JUST DON'T STOP!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/pr...orkers-have-died-from-covid-19-contracted-job

We're gonna need a longer laughtrack for this one!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

28 years old and all the med school $$ gone to waste!
What.An.Idiot, Amirite!!!???

Reactions: HROT
My pregnant nurse wife with a genetic pulmonary issue who doesn’t have to work is SO AFRAID than she’s voluntarily putting in more hours than she was prior to the pandemic.

Keep bringing your anecdotes, Capt. Research Science

My pregnant nurse wife with a genetic pulmonary issue who doesn’t have to work is SO AFRAID than she’s voluntarily putting in more hours than she was prior to the pandemic.

2000 "anecdotes" eventually becomes "data".

Reactions: lucas80
1700 / 3,180,000 equals 0.0005

Five hundreths of 1 percent (0.05 %) in Iowa have died from Covid-19. Most had multiple conditions that made death likely in the short term.

People need to keep the numbers in perspective and be safe. We've done vastly better than any estimates that were made in the first few months of the outbreak.

Five hundreths of 1 percent (0.05 %) in Iowa have died from Covid-19. Most had multiple conditions that made death likely in the short term.

People need to keep the numbers in perspective and be safe. We've done vastly better than any estimates that were made in the first few months of the outbreak.
I wasn’t aware everyone in Iowa has already caught it and recovered. In actuality, there are 125,000 cases and 1,700 deaths.

Reactions: HROT
I can only assume that Joe’s Place is a right wing plant at this point. People like him are the exact reason why a portion of the population that doesn’t trust science. Unfortunately, they exist outside of this board and they are often the most in need of attention.

A lot of it is work required. There are five nursing homes in our county that have all adopted twice-weekly testing. Don’t know how many staff that is but let’s say twenty five employees each. So 125 employees works out to 250 new tests per week. Pretty sure they’re all pretty much healthy because if you have a fever you don’t get in the door.

Multiplied nationwide that’s a LOT of testing of healthy people, yet for some reason the residents are still extremely vulnerable.

Not to mention the emotional pain they’ve suffered. :confused:

Well if they didn’t have it the rate would be a lot less, unfortunately that isn’t the case.

I know for a fact that a least one local hospital ‘chain’ had adopted a policy recently to admit any symptomatic case with a positive test regardless of severity.

Lol. They force people with a sniffle to be admitted? These people with a very mild case would tell the hospital to get ****ed. And the patient's insurance company might have something to say about it, too.

You are full of shit on this one.

Pretty sure they’re all pretty much healthy because if you have a fever you don’t get in the door.

Multiplied nationwide that’s a LOT of testing of healthy people, yet for some reason the residents are still extremely vulnerable.

Good God you are dumb. Most people don't have fevers. Fever checks are a very very last resort. People spread the virus before they have symptoms (pre-symptomatic) and there is likely asymptomatic spread as well.

If pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic didn't exist, it would be easy to stop the spread. Isolate the sick and boom, we crush the virus. Unfortunately it's not that easy.

In a Covid ward? If so, your wife isn't a very bright bulb. If no, it's pretty much irrelevant.

Yeah it’s almost like we should have let it burn through when the weather allowed it.
Joking, or a herd immunity post? If it’s herd immunity why didn’t you find someone with Covid and hang out in a small, enclosed area with them?

Joking, or a herd immunity post? If it’s herd immunity why didn’t you find someone with Covid and hang out in a small, enclosed area with them?

It's a herd immunity post.

Because morons like @L. Wade Childress are too stupid to realize that not a SINGLE infectious disease has EVER been eradicated via herd immunity, without vaccines.

I'm sure an epidemiologist has the pulse of overall operations

Yes, the hospital epidemiologist does have a pulse on overall operations of a hospital in the middle of a pandemic. At one point they were meeting with hospital leadership daily to keep tabs on everything. Not sure how often they are meeting now, but I am confident in saying the hospital epidemiologist continues to have as good of a pulse as anyone in the organization.

That may not seem like much to you, but the fact that 5 of every 10,000 Iowans has died from a single infection in a 6 month period is actually pretty crazy. The fact that we are likely to have 1 in every 1000 people in the US dying from COVID within a year of the first death should be astounding to people.

Rags on anecdotes by giving an anecdote. Interesting strategy.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
That may not seem like much to you, but the fact that 5 of every 10,000 Iowans has died from a single infection in a 6 month period is actually pretty crazy. The fact that we are likely to have 1 in every 1000 people in the US dying from COVID within a year of the first death should be astounding to people.

Not died FROM...died WITH

“Covid ward” lol

Not sure where the LOL comes in. Lots of hospitals have dedicated areas to take care of patients with COVID, hence the term 'COVID ward'. Between this and your anecdote 'joke' I am just realizing we have a different sense of humor.

That’s the joke, dumbass. Mr fake scientist forgot his own rules.

1700 dead American healthcare workers is not an "anecdote".
It is a STATISTIC.

You're a buffoon if you're comparing that to "your wife's work" example.

ADVERTISEMENT