ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa HS Wrestling is fading -- Coincidence?

New Jersey came pretty close to having 3 of the 10 NCAA Champs this year. Griffith lost by 1 and Lewis lost in OT in Final. Why doesn't Iowa recruit NJ? We also have the top ranked Educational schools in USA (go back and forth with Massachusetts)

I was telling my son about your post last night. He was at the Disney duals and said he hung around with mostly Jersey dudes. Told him to stay away from the Pennsylvania dudes. He said they were fun and the Pennsylvania guys were just arrogant. They kinda teamed up against them, understandably. He also said slot weren’t from actually NJ, but places like Blair Academy. Either way they hung with the NJ guys, I find it hard to believe that Pennsylvania wrestlers are all strange dudes like the Jersey boys said and we ran down the list from eastern to western PA. Some good guys. It had to be a rivalry thing. My kid likes bagging on dudes, so the Jersey boys were right up his alley. I assumed it would be the other way around and he’d have more in common with the Pennsylvania kids. Said they were just too cocky, especially the eastern ones.
Ramble on, not really awake yet.

I’m sure TnT have worked Jersey hard. It’s hard to drag a kid from the largest metropolitan area to Iowa though, I’m sure. Again, salty lineup, kid brought more Jersey kids up. I don’t have a wrestling Rolodex like him though.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT