ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Illinois Game Thread****

Trust me. If they played on Friday for the first time they would be down by 12 in the first 5 mins. They have a decent path with Minn and Illinois.

BIZKGP7.gif

Checking out with 15 minutes left? You missed a pretty good second half.

Weezy got us back in it, so not totally lost, but he sure doesn't seem to be Ol Reliable anymore.

Pretty weak play to run there. If Garza could elevate, i would say sure... but your are trusting him to collect the ball and have to go back up for the shot. If you want Garza, id rather he shoot that bad boy from 23 and the W

This too, I'm sure that wasn't what was drawn up but Fran is typically great with in bounds plays and that was just a cluster.
You’re right. Garza was option B. It’s too bad, with how well Fran typically gets guys open looks on OOB plays, that they couldn’t get something better

I didn’t think it was a bad play call honestly. You get the best player on the team the ball inside the free throw line. It was just better defense from illinois

You cannot have guys in the lane to start. Needed to have everyone somewhere in the area of the FT line. Gives guys more space to cut.

If there's a team Illinois doesn't want to face again this season, it's this Iowa team. Iowa was absolutely striking fear in them the last couple of minutes.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
Watching the inbounds play again, I think Fredrick was more of a decoy and they were trying to have Garza slip to the rim and couldn't.

Cockburn should have fouled out by the ten minute mark of the second half.
The refs unwillingness to give him his fifth foul on the last few possessions turned out to be a really important factor in the outcome unfortunately. Not the reason Iowa lost, but no way he should have been in to block that last shot

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT