ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Illinois Game Thread****

You would have lost your bet. The holier than thou attitude is awesome though
I was gonna go back and add some quotes but im too dumb to know how. But really, I don't need to provide any proof anyway. Just go back and randomly read any page of the game thread to see I would win that there bet. And most of the wrong players are getting blamed by the fans in the first place.

I was gonna go back and add some quotes but im too dumb to know how. But really, I don't need to provide any proof anyway. Just go back and randomly read any page of the game thread to see I would win that there bet. And most of the wrong players are getting blamed by the fans in the first place.
You may be right. I get defensive towards people who don’t post in the game thread during the game, but drop in midway or afterwards to sh*t on the posters who do choose to post in it. We all have a level of emotional investment, and the game thread is an outlet for many to express it during emotional games. Wish people would just take game threads with a grain of salt

Would’ve loved making Kofi fight through a screen out top for a Garza 3. He may have run over CJ trying to get there. Wanted a shot for the W and was upset when I saw Kriener in the game.

The refs unwillingness to give him his fifth foul on the last few possessions turned out to be a really important factor in the outcome unfortunately. Not the reason Iowa lost, but no way he should have been in to block that last shot

I'd say the reffs were worth about 6 to 8 points for Illinois.

The two offensive fouls on garza were imaginary and the step over the line call on Pemsl could be called on just about every inbound after a made basket.

The two offensive fouls on garza were imaginary and the step over the line call on Pemsl could be called on just about every inbound after a made basket.
Pretty sure there was a shooting foul on Luka where Dosunmu drove to the hoop, had to switch hands, and lost it, but Garza never even touched him

Cockburn should have fouled out by the ten minute mark of the second half.
He got away with a blatant elbow to Garzas back as he beat him to the basket which resulted in a missed shot and Garza on the floor while the refs let play on.luckily Illiwini didn't score. But WTF

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0

Man I just get into the "blaming the refs" mentality. I get it - they're far from perfect and miss some calls or call questionable fouls on our guys but shit..

..if we could improve our rebounding or get even a little better at guarding the perimeter shooters..your "6-8 points" on the refs wouldn't matter.

Give better effort rebounding and grabbing loose balls. There's the game.

Man I just get into the "blaming the refs" mentality. I get it - they're far from perfect and miss some calls or call questionable fouls on our guys but shit..

..if we could improve our rebounding or get even a little better at guarding the perimeter shooters..your "6-8 points" on the refs wouldn't matter.

Give better effort rebounding and grabbing loose balls. There's the game.

Both things are true. Iowas inability to clean up the D glass is pretty atrocious.

I rarely complain much about the reffs but it's hard for me to believe some of that stuff is honest mistakes.

Especially on things like offensive fouls on post ups where nothing close to a foul actually happened.

I'm mean how does one mistake nothing for something?

Both things are true. Iowas inability to clean up the D glass is pretty atrocious.

I rarely complain much about the reffs but it's hard for me to believe some of that stuff is honest mistakes.

Especially on things like offensive fouls on post ups where nothing close to a foul actually happened.

I'm mean how does one mistake nothing for something?
Meant to say "I just CAN'T get into" blaming the refs mentality. Whoops.

Anyway, there are waaay too many holes in Iowa's game / performances lately to bring up the officiating as part of the reason these recent games have been lost.

I can guarantee you I’ve attended more games,
given more $$ & expended far more time on this program than you. You can be sick of the same old shit & call it out and still be a fan.

But you can’t think the team you are a fan for will “absolutely lose to” an inferior team and still be a good fan.

The refs unwillingness to give him his fifth foul on the last few possessions turned out to be a really important factor in the outcome unfortunately. Not the reason Iowa lost, but no way he should have been in to block that last shot
If you're going to play that game, there's no way that Garza should have been in to shoot the last shot. Charge call on Ayo was bad. No call when he fouled Ayo in the last 2-3 minutes was bad. Foul they gave to Pemsl when it was on Garza was bad.

The refs let both teams play. If you want to re-litigate it, Garza should have fouled out too. How about just accepting that they called it poorly but evenly. Illinois had more fouls at home, for the record.

Meant to say "I just CAN'T get into" blaming the refs mentality. Whoops.

Anyway, there are waaay too many holes in Iowa's game / performances lately to bring up the officiating as part of the reason these recent games have been lost.

I feel ok complaining about the reffs when they call fouls on Garza for grabbing offensive rebounds when everyone else is allowed to do the same thing.

You cant say that Iowa doesn't rebound well enough and then be ok with getting called for a foul on a rebound that didn't happen. That also erased 2 points in a two point loss.

One factor doesn't eliminate the other.

I'd say the reffs were worth about 6 to 8 points for Illinois. The two offensive fouls on garza were imaginary and the step over the line call on Pemsl could be called on just about every inbound after a made basket.

The Pemsl call was terrible,... He released the inbound pass well before his foot stepped down onto the court,... bullshit call...

don’t think Tim Miles thought much of the officiating

I’m guessing this is the part of coaching that Miles doesn’t miss.... B1G officiating and being the ‘little guy’. If anyone knows how truly F’d up B1G officiating is, it’s Tim Miles.

You may be right. I get defensive towards people who don’t post in the game thread during the game, but drop in midway or afterwards to sh*t on the posters who do choose to post in it. We all have a level of emotional investment, and the game thread is an outlet for many to express it during emotional games. Wish people would just take game threads with a grain of salt

salt.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT