ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa @ Illinois Game Thread******

The suckiest thing about tonight's outcome is likely having to face a hot and feisty Nebraska team on Thursday.

Instead of a hoped for and preferred 'cake walk' into Friday's matchup with Rutgers, its gonna be a dog fight for 40(+) minutes.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
How is Connor slow? You are just looking for a scapegoat because you're butthurt. Calm down.
Iowa wins this game if CMac isn't playing. Zero minutes. He sucks. His dad is the coach and enjoys watching him run up and down the court for 30 minutes while contributing absolutely nothing. When he"s playing it's as though we're playing 4 on 5.

Iowa wins this game if CMac isn't playing. Zero minutes. He sucks. His dad is the coach and enjoys watching him run up and down the court for 30 minutes while contributing absolutely nothing.
Haha what? Iowa wins this game if Connor isn't playing? Priceless hot take.

Reactions: Sincityhawk1
The suckiest thing about tonight's outcome is likely having to face a hot and feisty Nebraska team on Thursday.

Instead of a hoped for and preferred 'cake walk' into Friday's matchup with Rutgers, its gonna be a dog fight for 40(+) minutes.

Nebraska might be still feeling good about themselves after the Wisconsin game. That was the highlight of their season. Hawks will put them away

Iowa wins this game if CMac isn't playing. Zero minutes. He sucks. His dad is the coach and enjoys watching him run up and down the court for 30 minutes while contributing absolutely nothing.
Bullshit.

I was once in your shoes. He's proven himself to me lately.

Reactions: HawkBall23
That’s what happens when the zebras allow a goddamn street fight to break out of a basketball game. James Naismith must be rolling in his grave.

Yeah, I’m pissed at the officiating but you can’t shoot 9/21 (I think) and expect to win too often.

Can't disagree on the FTs.

But reffing changed the face of the game early in the 2nd half.

Wasn't early, but Cockburn jumps and lands on Keegan biting on a pumpfake, but no foul. That's just absolutely horrible BS. Even if Keegan wasn't shooting, that's still a foul 11 times out of 10.

What made it worse was he did the EXACT same thing a couple of minutes later and did get called for it that time.

Officiating tonight from one half to the next reminded me of the b10 tourney game against Sparty a few years back.

Iowa was the hottest team in the conference going in to today. They are vastly better than Nebraska and just beat them by 10 on the road. Iowa will be fine.

That is what OSU and Wisconsin thought too.
Are you disputing that Iowa hadn’t been the hottest team? We lost by two points to a good Illinois team. Fact is Iowa is much better than Nebraska and Nebraska still only has 9 total wins on the year. I prefer to look at it as other teams don’t want to play Iowa.

Most people realize that zero points= zero value, 99% of the time, in the game of basketball. This isn’t soccer.

Are you disputing that Iowa hadn’t been the hottest team? We lost by two points to a good Illinois team. Fact is Iowa is much better than Nebraska and Nebraska still only has 9 total wins on the year. I prefer to look at it as other teams don’t want to play Iowa.
You don't think Wisconsin and OSU are much better than Nebraska?

Iowa was the hottest team in the conference going in to today. They are vastly better than Nebraska and just beat them by 10 on the road. Iowa will be fine.
I hope you guys are right, but Nebraska's "NCAA Tourney" is this coming week, so I'm expecting them to try and keep their momentum rolling.

Iowa IS better, no doubt, but in 1-and-done situations, all bets can be off.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
You don't think Wisconsin and OSU are much better than Nebraska?
Sure they are. Last I checked Nebraska has four conference wins and ten overall. I like Iowa’s chances in that matchup. Might note that NW won big today and is very capable of beating Nebraska.

Sure they are. Last I checked Nebraska has four conference wins and ten overall. I like Iowa’s chances in that matchup. Might note that NW won big today and is very capable of beating Nebraska.
If you think either one of those games are going to be easy, you are kidding yourself. I think Northwestern would be the easier matchup for Iowa. Nebraska plays a lot of iso ball with their guards and Iowa can struggle to keep the ball in front of them. One bad shooting game or guys get in foul trouble, season can be over in a hurry.

Should be noted that Wisconsin lost their best player early in the second half. Don’t think they lose if Davis plays the entire game.
I know they did and they probably do, but if Wisconsin is so much better than Nebraska according to Polkhawk, they should still win that game at home.

If you think either one of those games are going to be easy, you are kidding yourself. I think Northwestern would be the easier matchup for Iowa. Nebraska plays a lot of iso ball with their guards and Iowa can struggle to keep the ball in front of them. One bad shooting game or guys get in foul trouble, season can be over in a hurry.
Being easy and having confidence Iowa will win are two different things.

Yeah, I’m pissed at the officiating but you can’t shoot 9/21 (I think) and expect to win too often.

What made it worse was he did the EXACT same thing a couple of minutes later and did get called for it that time.

Officiating tonight from one half to the next reminded me of the b10 tourney game against Sparty a few years back.
If the NCAA is serious about putting the best possible product on the court, then they need to clean this up. This kind of street fight that has become all too common is exactly what’s made the NBA so unwatchable. If this was the kind of thing I wanted to see, I may as well go into downtown Baltimore at night and watch for free.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I know they did and they probably do, but if Wisconsin is so much better than Nebraska according to Polkhawk, they should still win that game at home.

No doubt. Crazy things happen sometimes. Pretty sure they win that 99/100.

Wonder if Iowa wins if we had Patrick tonight.

Can't disagree on the FTs.

But reffing changed the face of the game early in the 2nd half.

Wasn't early, but Cockburn jumps and lands on Keegan biting on a pumpfake, but no foul. That's just absolutely horrible BS. Even if Keegan wasn't shooting, that's still a foul 11 times out of 10.
Did it to Perkins in first half too.

Those no calls were egregious.

Letting him bull through people on offense is one thing but to allow him to land on people on defense is flat unacceptable.

Reactions: HawkBall23
If the NCAA is serious about putting the best possible product on the court, then they need to clean this up. This kind of street fight that has become all too common is exactly what’s made the NBA so unwatchable. If this was the kind of thing I wanted to see, I may as well go into downtown Baltimore at night and watch for free.
The NBA did clean up its act. There is freedom of movement, no rewarding of flopping and no bailing out the offense by calling blocking fouls when the offense just runs into defenders going nowhere.

I thought Iowa played very well overall, aside from the free throws. Showed toughness in getting to the line. Gotta make them.

Iowa wins this game if CMac isn't playing. Zero minutes. He sucks. His dad is the coach and enjoys watching him run up and down the court for 30 minutes while contributing absolutely nothing. When he"s playing it's as though we're playing 4 on 5.
We started the game up 15 with him as a starter. Did you know that?

Reactions: sober_teacher
Other conferences do a far better job at this than the Big 10. There is no way Cockburn will get away with the crap he was pulling against Iowa in the NCAA tourney. It's the Big 10 that needs to fix this because I'm convinced it is a big part of the reason Big 10 teams do so poorly in the tournament. They have to play a different game and they end up playing poorly because of it.

No doubt. Crazy things happen sometimes. Pretty sure they win that 99/100.

Wonder if Iowa wins if we had Patrick tonight.
Rotations would have been totally different if Patrick would have played. In regards to Nebraska, they were without their best player, B. McGowens the whole game and then his brother was ejected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT