ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa @ Illinois predictions

hknation

HR All-American
Dec 21, 2001
Maybe this will help your prediction, or not.....
Weather forecast:
Sunny
Temp: low 40's, from 2pm to 4pm
Wind: 12 mph, blowing from the west
Precipitation: 5/6% chance
Opening line: Iowa -12

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Last edited:
Hawks get a pick and a fumble recovery. Beat the lousy fighters 35 -17.

Only way Illinois has a chance is if they force turnovers. They were +2 vs Rutgers and +5 vs Nebraska (including 3 picks in each game).

As long as we stick with the ground game, and don't ask Petras to do anything crazy, I don't see how they could win.

As long as we stick with the ground game, and don't ask Petras to do anything crazy, I don't see how they could win.

Or, Petras does something "crazy" on his own without being asked; like his tendencies to overthrow, throw too far ahead or behind the target, into double and/or triple coverage, not looking off defenders or entirely missing open receivers.

Other than that, nothing crazy will or could happen.

I don’t like that this set of receivers is going to play an Illinois defense that punches balls out the way Lovie coaches it. Iowa’s receivers have soft hands. Illinois has 2 tough RB’s, but Iowa’s defense should be able to handle them. This game gets decided on how many times iowa turns it over or Illinois forces turnovers. Let’s hope Iowa keeps the offense on the ground and they should have an ugly 20-6 win

Reactions: kceasthawk
Lovie has the defense playing really well and Peters has become a pretty decent game manager. Hawks cannot take this game lightly. I anticipate a tight game.
Decent Game Manager with a QB who routinely hits the panic button on pass plays? BF better figure what he is going to do against a loaded box.

All half dozen Illinois quarterbacks suck and will be non factors unless it’s throwing interceptions

We better show up ready to go. Was 19-10 at home last year so no cake walk. Peters was pretty good vs Nebby and had some good runs vs us last year. They also have Washington to change pace and an extra time to be rested and prepare. They have some talent, some speed and Smith is a better coach than Frost.

Illinois' QB seems to be a strength. Peters is really good and analogous to the better PU and NW QBs. Based on how our scheme plays, the guy will give us fits and the illinois will move the ball some with decent TOP. They amassed 500 yards on Nebraska. That said, they also fumbled four times against Nebraska without losing the ball once.

Iowa gets upset, Petras throws three picks, including a pick 6. Iowa loses 16 to 10

There'd better be some sort of a QB controversy if that happens.

My guess is that Iowa wins something like 27-17. Defense of course is rock-solid, and Iowa does just enough running the ball to stay a step ahead of Illinois, but Petras will play poorly enough to let the Illini hang around. He will panic and he'll make a few throws he'll want to have back.

It looked like we were a little tight out there against NEB and we got their best game of the year. I think we bounce back a little and have a solid game but Illinois is better than NEB.

31-17 Hawks

Reactions: kceasthawk
Iowa 35-17! Defense again leads the way to the win! The pass game has got to get better because Illinois is going to stack the box with 8-9 defenders! If they stop the run, this could be a long day and they did show they could put up points on nebby!

Illinois' QB seems to be a strength. Peters is really good and analogous to the better PU and NW QBs. Based on how our scheme plays, the guy will give us fits and the illinois will move the ball some with decent TOP. They amassed 500 yards on Nebraska. That said, they also fumbled four times against Nebraska without losing the ball once.
Peters is mediocre up and down like a lot of BIG QB's. He did didly bubkus at Michigan,( who's always searching for a new QB), and he's had a few good quarters of football at Illinois. We'll see how he fares if we put some pressure on him, and make him drive the length of the field a few times.

Maybe this will help your prediction, or not.....
Weather forecast:
Sunny
Temp: low 40's, from 2pm to 4pm
Wind: 12 mph, blowing from the west
Precipitation: 5/6% chance
Opening line: Iowa -12

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Two predictions.
1. We will win in a nervous 14 point victory
2. First play will be a 5 yd out route to get Petras going......like the last few games. Yes....I am rolling my eyes.

Just piss pound them on the ground Hawks.

Same song different day. Close victory where our offense does just enough and we find ourselves bitching about why TF Padilla hasn't received reps. 24-20 Hawks.

Illinois gets 5 turnovers against Nebraska and their noodle arm QB and we suddenly think Illinois is a juggernaut.
Illinois wasn't great last year and Iowa only scored 19 points against them and Iowa's D gave up nearly 200 rushing yards. I think Iowa will win but I don't think it is some huge blowout because I think they will do the same thing that Nebraska did on defense. They will load up the box and force Iowa to try and throw the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT