ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa in new InterMat Rankings (Feb 8)

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Reactions: Jrjt0518

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
Only one the really bothers me is big cass. He should be second or third. Yes he lost early in the year. I get that. But when kerk beat mason he jumped him then cass smokes kerk and gets ranked behind parris??? Wtf. I get it cass never beat parris in college but new year and with that logic Schultz should be behind cass and the parris. As Schultz has never beaten cass!!

Cass will be seeded #2 at BT with Kerk #3 and Parris #4. If Tony holds serve and finishes #2, He will be seeded #3 at Nationals with Schultz #2. It is a perfect opportunity.
Agree however the intermat rankings are b/s for heavyweight!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoons
What about Schroeder jumping all the way back up to 8 I get he beat McKee but still has a loss to Ayala. With that example alone Cass should be atleast 3! If Cass gets 2nd at BIGs he will be 3rd at Nattys if he gets beat by Kirk at Bigs he needs to lose to Parris as crazy as that sounds he would get the 6 or 7 seed then. Speaking of seeding 125. Is going to be a nightmare after the top 3.

What about Schroeder jumping all the way back up to 8 I get he beat McKee but still has a loss to Ayala. With that example alone Cass should be atleast 3! If Cass gets 2nd at BIGs he will be 3rd at Nattys if he gets beat by Kirk at Bigs he needs to lose to Parris as crazy as that sounds he would get the 6 or 7 seed then. Speaking of seeding 125. Is going to be a nightmare after the top 3.
125 is a total crab shoot. after the top 3. Ayala can figure that out at big tens. Hopefully he wrestles and beats masto. That would help big time.

Don’t agree. Who would be the third?
I could see them put an undefeated Hendrickson who is the B12 champ as the three over a 2 loss B10 runner up (no matter who is the B10 runner up between Cass, Kerk, and Parris they will all have at least 2 losses). The four best HWT's in the country are in the B10, but that won't matter when it comes to seeding and ranking. Shultz and Hendrickson will have a cakewalk to an undefeated conference championship. They should seed NCAA's so the B10 heavys don't have to face each other for a 3rd time, but I doubt they will is what I'm saying. If Cass gets B10 runner up, he should be the 3, Schultz the 2, Hendrickson/B10 3rd as the 4 and 5, and B10 4th the 6 or 7 seed IMO. If Cass gets the 2, 3, 6, or 7 seed I think he makes the finals. Pretty good run for him.

I could see them put an undefeated Hendrickson who is the B12 champ as the three over a 2 loss B10 runner up (no matter who is the B10 runner up between Cass, Kerk, and Parris they will all have at least 2 losses). The four best HWT's in the country are in the B10, but that won't matter when it comes to seeding and ranking. Shultz and Hendrickson will have a cakewalk to an undefeated conference championship. They should seed NCAA's so the B10 heavys don't have to face each other for a 3rd time, but I doubt they will is what I'm saying. If Cass gets B10 runner up, he should be the 3, Schultz the 2, Hendrickson/B10 3rd as the 4 and 5, and B10 4th the 6 or 7 seed IMO. If Cass gets the 2, 3, 6, or 7 seed I think he makes the finals. Pretty good run for him.
It’s going to come down to the Coaches Rankings. Cassioppi’s quality wins and tougher schedule essentially offset an undefeated conference champion in Hendrickson. Cass was #5, Hendrickson #6 before Kerkvliet beat Parris and Cass beat Kerkvliet. If Cass runs the table and only loses to Steveson, I would be surprised if Hendrickson jumps Cass in the Coaches Rankings.

It’s going to come down to the Coaches Rankings. Cassioppi’s quality wins and tougher schedule essentially offset an undefeated conference champion in Hendrickson. Cass was #5, Hendrickson #6 before Kerkvliet beat Parris and Cass beat Kerkvliet. If Cass runs the table and only loses to Steveson, I would be surprised if Hendrickson jumps Cass in the Coaches Rankings.
I would sure hope so. If Cass gets B10 runner up, no way he should be lower than the 3 seed at NCAA's. What he should be and what he actually gets could very well be two different things though! First things first, he needs to take care of business at B10's. That will set him up nicely for NCAA's unless they completely botch the seeding at NCAA's.

ADVERTISEMENT