ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa interest re: CF vs West

jellyfish10

HB Legend
Aug 10, 2009
I thought some may be interested in an update about a few of the players from last Friday's game.

I know Iowa has shown some interest in Devon Moore from West. I was very impressed with him. He has a big arm and moved better than I thought. He seemed to have good control of the offense and showed a lot of poise. The only question I have is how a kid that runs the spread and takes every snap out of the shotgun would fit into a pro style offense. Most of the routes seemed to be one man routes and were primarily quick throws. Still, he's 6'4" and 215. Pretty impressive for a junior.

I think Iowa fans will enjoy Spencer Williams. My daughter is in his grade. Really well liked, humble kid that is a good leader. I don't think he is quite as athletic as RP, but he is a very good run blocker and has done fine in pass protection. I don't think he stays on the outside at the college level, but I think he can be a very good, lunch pail type of guard at Iowa. Just based on his frame I would imagine he will report around 300 lbs.

Javon Middleton's name has been brought up in this site several times. Last I heard he was still a 3 star according to rivals. He has the tools to play at a high level imho. Not great size but good enough, great hands, good speed, and very shifty. If it was just based on his on field merits I would guess he would have a ton of interest.

However, he is just now eligible after some very serious charges. He does nothing if the play is not going to him or his side and participates very little in pregame team stretching. Last kid on the field, last person off type of thing. Man the kid just has fantastic talent I don't think you can touch this kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.