ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is 4-0, tied for first in Big Ten West heading into October

cidsports

HB King
I am sorry for all bad threads I have made over the years. But, I don't regret a couple of things in 2021, getting vaccinated, buying season tickets again for 2021 and making Iowa #9 ahead of Iowa State, when I made my preseason Top 30 College Football list.

5. Iowa (5): Tied at 14-14, things looked a little dicey for Iowa against the Fighting Steve Addazios, but the Hawkeyes pulled away for a comfortable win that should keep their top-five status in check. - CBS Sports Chip Patterson

Iowa 24, Colorado State 14 for the Week 4.

The Hawkeyes got their tenth straight win and advance towards October undefeated in the month of September.
  • Allowed a short field on a shanked punt, then again on a near pick 6. Basically two turnovers in first half for the Hawkeyes ....
  • Iowa was down 14-7 at half as Kirk Ferentz shared that the defense failed to put out the fires, two short field touchdowns allowed in Week 4 by a Rams team that was better than many Wyoming, Colorado, Iowa and CSU fans would like to admit, kind of like KF detractors ....
  • Iowa won second half 17-0 by the way!
  • Nebraska held Michigan State to no first downs in 30 minutes of the second half, but a special teams failure on punt defense late pushed the Huskers into OT.
  • Apparently, the last time Nebraska won in OT was last time they beat Iowa in Kinnick (sounds right, I have no idea if true, but Iowa sucked on special teams that day, during much of the previous five years of that KF era)
  • Iowa State lost at Baylor: CBS Early Top 25 says: 24. Baylor (NR): Now 4-0 after a win against Iowa State, the Bears are one of the early surprises in the Big 12 and should definitely jump ahead of other teams that have been showing up on ballots in the early weeks of the season.
  • Michigan won 20-13 to Rutgers: CBS Sports: 16. Michigan (19): Things were way too close for Michigan's comfort in the second half but holding on for the win against Rutgers should keep the Wolverines on pace with the rest of the teams in the 15-20 range.
Well, I missed being in Kinnick for the first time this season.

The benefactors of my tickets: "Thanks for tickets. Great weather for football."

They seemed to love the vantage point and Iowa was able to provide a win for my guests.

I pray for those who refuse to get vaccinated due to this pandemic. I am grateful I chose to get mine.

My wife had a real rough morning on Saturday. And, she wasn't happy at one point during the game, with me.

I was looking forward to meeting @torbee after his tailgate invite last week, but my seasonal symptoms on Tuesday turned out to be a little more than seasonal symptoms. I wasn't feeling very good on Wednesday evening.

My doctor called me the same day, with my results. I was surprised to learn and during the game it was nice to be able to watch it on TV.

My wife was looking forward to her first Kinnick visit in 11 years. We had season tickets back up through 2010. She had regularly gone to games for years we had tickets.

The real reason I didn't renew in 2011 was a family decision, but the Wisconsin game compared to the Michigan State game that year would make for a good story.

Well, back to here and now:

• Iowa is 1-0, with Purdue in the West

• Maryland 1-0, with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State

By the way, Michigan State is 2-0 heading into October. Now, maybe some think that is surprising too!

Well, they are 4-0 with road wins at Northwestern and Miami-FL. Didn't see the later one ahead of Week 1.

It will be a challenging October, and November ahead. I hope I can be back for the Penn State game in my "gold" shirt again.

It is long road to Indianapolis, over next 8 games over nine weeks.

Reactions: Torg and torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News