ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is good - VERY GOOD

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
On defense… might have the best defense in the nation right now and will be a SEVERE ISSUE for anyone to score on them they’re that damn good- now if the offense can keep improving Iowa is a definite legit threat to repeat as BTW Champions…

laugh now cry in happiness later 🤩🤩🤩

GO HAWKS BEAUTIFUL GAME THIS EVENING AND I AM BOMBED!

Really? Best in the nation? Look I know in the 4th qtr they changed things up to keep the lead, I get it. However Rutgers had some big plays and did in fact move the ball, they just couldn't score. I love iowas D but they're not the '85 Bears, best in nation? No. Very salty and formidable? Yep
Isn’t the point to keep them from scoring? I think the defense did exactly what they needed to do.

Really? Best in the nation? Look I know in the 4th qtr they changed things up to keep the lead, I get it. However Rutgers had some big plays and did in fact move the ball, they just couldn't score. I love iowas D but they're not the '85 Bears, best in nation? No. Very salty and formidable? Yep
Best in the nation, this year? Meh. Maybe debatable. Too early too tell.

When you look who's played who, its a mishmash. I see similarities of a Ferentz team that is going to win 9-10 by baseball scores and not a lot of help on the O side of the ball, other than ball control, and I think Rutgers won that stat tonight, not sure.

If you want to talk about best defenses? I'll take Miami, 1972 over Bears 85. Only one of those defenses never walked off the field a loser.

Iowa is #2 in PPG at 4.3 (GA is at 3.3)
Iowa 4th in YPG.

And, that's against 2 P5 teams to boot. (not sure who GA has played)

Do I expect them to finish top 10 in those categories? Absolutely. Others? I maybe expect turnovers, low red zone scoring, scoring by defense, etc.

The things Iowa's D has been noted for for a while now. Best in the nation? Subjective. Do they always come up in the discussion? Yup. Year in, year out.

Reactions: natchrlman
If the offense could do more than 3 and out and help keep the defense rested. I think they could be one of the best

On defense… might have the best defense in the nation right now and will be a SEVERE ISSUE for anyone to score on them they’re that damn good- now if the offense can keep improving Iowa is a definite legit threat to repeat as BTW Champions…

Right now, I see four B1G losses.

I remember my first beer
Do you honestly have nothing better to do? I mean we have a solid road win in conference, and you clowns lose, and your on our site at 6:30am? You are the absolute poster child for "little brother syndrome". You need a hobby or a life.....

Reactions: amahawk

You'll change your mind after going against that OSU offense. They scored TDs in their first 4 possessions last night against a very good Wisky defense and made it look very easy. They were substituting liberally and could have scored 70 if they wanted to. If Iowa -or any B1G team - holds OSU under 40 points, I'll be shocked

And the 52-21 score last night was misleading as they were up 45-7 early in the 4th quarter and was basically emptying their bench when Wisky scored 2 late TDs. That OSU defense looks totally different than previous years.

I remember my first beer

I'll bet you do...

iu

Michigan will tell us how good our defense is or isn’t.

Let's circle back to this after we play the Buckeyes in Columbus

ADVERTISEMENT