ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is quickly becoming one of the most unlikable teams in college football

The last paragraph of that article sums it up pretty well. This feels like more than a bump in the road. From a distance a 3-4 record is nothing to get too worked up about. Iowa has forever played with a narrow margin of error and 1 losing season in 20 years or whatever that stat is, is pretty dang good.

The Defense/Special Teams the last four years has been good enough to be a Big 10 West winner, top 10 team overall. The nepotism, stubbornness, and doubling down on mistakes offensively has caused the team to underachieve over that time.

To me the team, the fans, the Kinnick experience is NOT unlikeable, but the Ferentz regime is becoming that despite all the good work he has put in. Finish 4-8, but make changes in offensive philosophy, coaches, go get players in the portal and I am good with 4-8. Finish 7-5 or something bowl worthy with the defense and punting games saving your a$$ and keep the same old brand of offense going forward and I will be the least interested in Iowa football as I've ever been. Not hating them, just indifferent like the Lick era of basketball.

If you had to watch batting practice between Tony Gywnn or Ken Griffey Jr what would you choose?
Both hall of famers.
I like wins and Kirk’s record, but watching, especially live, has been difficult for years.
Especially when you turn the tube to another game this day and age.

The last paragraph of that article sums it up pretty well. This feels like more than a bump in the road. From a distance a 3-4 record is nothing to get too worked up about. Iowa has forever played with a narrow margin of error and 1 losing season in 20 years or whatever that stat is, is pretty dang good.

The Defense/Special Teams the last four years has been good enough to be a Big 10 West winner, top 10 team overall. The nepotism, stubbornness, and doubling down on mistakes offensively has caused the team to underachieve over that time.

To me the team, the fans, the Kinnick experience is NOT unlikeable, but the Ferentz regime is becoming that despite all the good work he has put in. Finish 4-8, but make changes in offensive philosophy, coaches, go get players in the portal and I am good with 4-8. Finish 7-5 or something bowl worthy with the defense and punting games saving your a$$ and keep the same old brand of offense going forward and I will be the least interested in Iowa football as I've ever been. Not hating them, just indifferent like the Lick era of basketball.
Why can't we have both a 7-5 record and Kirk gets his head out of his ass and make the changes needed to bring the offense into this century?

If you had to watch batting practice between Tony Gywnn or Ken Griffey Jr what would you choose?
Both hall of famers.
I like wins and Kirk’s record, but watching, especially live, has been difficult for years.
Especially when you turn the tube to another game this day and age.

I’m not sure I understand your analogy. I’d enjoy watching Griffey Jr. and Gwynn take BP equally. Griff for his sweet swing and power and Gwynn for his expertise at using the entire field and technical hitting. If you’re insinuating that it’s about excitement, then I see what you’re saying. Kirk’s product certainly isn’t as exciting as someone like Ryan Day’s.

I’m in the same boat….hoping for some miracle and 7-5, but also realizing that would most likely have Kirk say….”that’s football” and run it back with Brian and the crew. I’ll be about done if that happens…

Reactions: Jumpshot00
Why can't we have both a 7-5 record and Kirk gets his head out of his ass and make the changes needed to bring the offense into this century?
Because if we have a 7-5 record, all is well and no changes are needed. If we have a 5-7 record no changes are needed, we just need to clean a few things up.

Because if we have a 7-5 record, all is well and no changes are needed. If we have a 5-7 record no changes are needed, we just need to clean a few things up.
Anyone thinking we are going 7-5 if Petras plays, has not been watching or doesn’t know football..must have a more mobile QB in todays game.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Anyone thinking we are going 7-5 if Petras plays, has not been watching or doesn’t know football..must have a more mobile QB in todays game.
Pretty rich thinking that others have not been watching when Iowa is going up against a 1-6 northwestern team today that has been absolute trash this year.

Pretty rich thinking that others have not been watching when Iowa is going up against a 1-6 northwestern team today that has been absolute trash this year.
What does how bad NW is have to do with the Hawks going 7-5? Beat NW and where are the other 3 wins coming from? Guess we will see..

What does how bad NW is have to do with the Hawks going 7-5? Beat NW and where are the other 3 wins coming from? Guess we will see..
You said we "must" have a more mobil QB today, that's what is has to do with it.

Going back to last season I would have said unwatchable was the word to describe Iowa football. If there was ever a team that sucked the fun, excitement and joy out of watching a game it is them. Unlikable, though? I wouldn't have said that.
But this year with Kirk's pissiness and "how dare you question me" response in recent pressers, unlikable doesn't sound that far off.

Reactions: Jumpshot00
No comment on his apology to make the title sound true.
Besides most everyone outside of Iowa don't care really.
Just trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT