ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is the 29th Best place to coach in 2019

Must've been a heck of a collapse that season, eh?
Did I say they didn't collapse? I know its hard to, when facts are thrown around disproving an argument, but try to stay on topic. The poster said when was the last time Neb was ranked in top 10. I told you.

How did that year end for you?
That run against teams that went 32-56 was impressive to start the year lol.

Did I say they didn't collapse? I know its hard to, when facts are thrown around disproving an argument, but try to stay on topic. The poster said when was the last time Neb was ranked in top 10. I told you.

LOL. Mighty sensitive little huskerboy. Don't want to have someone take a shot at you? Maybe avoid a touchy subject then. FWIW, Iowa had an extremely disappointing season that year, too.....but at least we were 30 points better than Neb.

LOL. Mighty sensitive little huskerboy. Don't want to have someone take a shot at you? Maybe avoid a touchy subject then. FWIW, Iowa had an extremely disappointing season that year, too.....but at least we were 30 points better than Neb.
You think what you said was a shot? You need to work on your game a bit.
Iowa and Nebraska have been the same program the last 10 years. The difference is 3 of those 10 years have been 3 of the worst years in Nebraska history. What is Iowas excuse? I will give you the last 4 years. Iowa was a better team. We sucked and we sucked bad. No amount of Koolaid drinking can deny that.
Iowa and other fan bases like to say Nebraska lives in the past. They are right we did. Now we are looking towards the future and it is looking amazing.. Try not to get caught up in the PAST 4 years too much. As many Nebraska fans have had to learn the hard way focusing only on the past leads to pain and disappointment in the future.

Iowa and Nebraska have been the same program the last 10 years. The difference is 3 of those 10 years have been 3 of the worst years in Nebraska history. What is Iowas excuse? I will give you the last 4 years. Iowa was a better team. We sucked and we sucked bad. No amount of Koolaid drinking can deny that.
Iowa and other fan bases like to say Nebraska lives in the past. They are right we did. Now we are looking towards the future and it is looking amazing.. Try not to get caught up in the PAST 4 years too much. As many Nebraska fans have had to learn the hard way focusing only on the past leads to pain and disappointment in the future.

What else is new? Husker dude letting Iowa know that we've only been competitive with them because they were going through some "dark years" that don't really count. Now the good times are over because Neb has rededicated themselves and will soon be dominating again.

Did I miss anything?

I disagree with Nebraska’s ranking. The way they keep firing coaches every 3 to 4 years would not make it a very desirable place to me. They fired Solich after a 10 win season and Pelini after several 9 win seasons in a row. I understand thier massive desire to win national championships but like Dan Gable said, “Go for the next best thing.”

Nebraska refuses to do just that. They want to run before they can walk and I don’t see how that is possible
Than you disagree with Ohio State as well. In 1978 Woody Hayes coached at Ohio State. Since then they have had five coaches. Since 1978 Tom Osborn coached at Nebraska and since they have had five coaches.

I’d probably swap Iowa and MSU, as well as Wisc and Neb...

It’s popular to sh$& on Neb based on our head to head and their coaching turnover, but still a nice job w a new young coach who can recruit.

It’s ok to admit we’re all nervous that somehow this Nebraska mantra of ‘now we’re back’ all of a sudden comes true. Doesn’t mean Iowa has to regress. So let’s just beat a great Neb team instead.

2016 ranked 7th. Since 2009 we have been ranked 3 times in the top 10. FYI, same amount as Iowa. Want to try a different argument? Facts they suck sometimes.

As far as your recruiting base, do you have any information proving Iowa has a better base. If Iowa does have a better base. What does it matter? Nebraska out recruits Iowa every year anyways. So I don't see the point in this argument.
However, history shows that Nebraska does not ACTUALLY recruit better than Iowa based on the end results. Initial/subjective rankings of 17 and 18 year olds are "fools gold" that the Nebby fanbase eats up. Conversely, after 4/5 years in the Iowa program, Iowa players athletically, academically, and character-wise come out on top vs the Nebby program, and it's not really even close.

I think it was implied...top 10 at the END of the season.

Reactions: hoffmkr
LOL, Iowa and Nebby certainly not the same programs over last 10 years. Iowa's outcome (bowl wise) and national perception of stable program, just a couple examples of being better than the Shucksters.

Than you disagree with Ohio State as well. In 1978 Woody Hayes coached at Ohio State. Since then they have had five coaches. Since 1978 Tom Osborn coached at Nebraska and since they have had five coaches.

Suggesting that the coaching stability at Ohio St and Nebraska are anywhere close to equivalent in this era of college football is so utterly ridiculous that I don't even know why I bothered to type this.

Reactions: NITE HAWK6
I think it was implied...top 10 at the END of the season.
Hawkeye fans realize that some ignorant media giving preseason or non-conference ranks based on the name on the uniform means nothing.
What matters is that you are still playing on/after January 1st.

Not exactly the same thing.... Let's remember the "Subject" of this thread. We are talking about rankings for the best places to Coach right?? Ohio State can "at least" lay claim to continued success (2 National Championships and 10 Big10 Championships in the past 20 years) and still remaining a proverbial Top 10 team year in and year out... Not too mention they have some of the best recruiting grounds in the country.... That is any Coach's dream isn't it?? In the modern era of College Football this makes them a much, much more attractive place to Coach in my opinion....

Overall Nebraska is one of the top 25 places to coach, absolutely. I am not trying to be disrespectful.... I just think with the recent downhill slump they have had for the past 10 years, it has to be a lot tougher place to Coach then it once was...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT