ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA is the #5 Seed in the Midwest (CHICAGO) Region. Will Face #12 Seed Richmond on Thursday in Buffalo, NY. Tip: 2:10 pm CT. TV: truTV

Not gonna lie, I think winning a major conference tournament on Sunday - as well as having to do it as the last start & ending time of Championship Week! - while playing 4 games in 4 days!, then having to start the NCAA Tournament on Thursday is not just kinda BS; its just totally straight up BS.
At least it is spring break so there are no classes!

I’m calling the upset, SDSU over Providence.

who do you have winning each of the Midwest Region's games?

I really want to see Wisconsin get upset so they don't make it to Chicago. Can you imagine the price of tickets if Kansas, Wisconsin & Iowa make it to the Sweet 16?

@ssckelley , where are tickets available for Chicago?

FNw1KIbXoAUccXg

FNw1orbXoAExoKA

Holy crap, who woulda thought that Dickie V would be driving the bus on being bullish about Iowa in the NCAA Tourney this year?!

As an aside, I was cruising the webz earlier, checking out 'expert' predictions on the bracket. Aside from some dummy who picked PC over Iowa in the 2nd round, it would seem most feel the "floor" for the Hawks this March is the Sweet 16, with a few Elite 8 picks and most have Iowa in the Final 4.

i-like-the-sound-of-that-i-like-that.gif

I don’t know what to make of Wisconsin’s pod. LSU defends like crazy and is athletic as hell, but their coach just got fired. ISU is pathetic on offense but can play great defense too.

Doesn’t matter, Auburn is gonna blast whoever.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Not gonna lie, I think winning a major conference tournament on Sunday - as well as having to do it as the last start & ending time of Championship Week! - while playing 4 games in 4 days!, then having to start the NCAA Tournament on Thursday is not just kinda BS; its just totally straight up BS.
I view it a bit different. Yeah you just ran 4 straight days, but sometimes if you draw the body down for too many days in a row, you lose the pace. They will be feeling just fine by Wednesday & ready to go for Thursday's tip. Want to keep that button hot.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Shoutout to @MrsScrew. Congrats on the Knights getting to the tourney. You can relax now. :)

First of all congratulations to all of you for winning the B1G tourney. In each & every game you guys absolutely proved you deserved to be the winners.

Thank you for the good wishes. I wish we had actually gotten in instead of getting an at large bid but we are very happy to take that beat Notre Dame and head on to San Diego and do what we can versus Alabama.
6 years ago we were literally the worst team in the Big Ten. If you count what would have likely been an invite in 2020 but didn't come because of the pandemic, Steve Pikiell and this team have gotten us three bids in a row. Not too shabby.
Good luck going forward in the tourney

as mentioned already, could Iowa have asked for a better draw?
Milwaukee would have been nice.. ISU gets Milwaukee and a LSU team in turmoil without a head coach. How in the hell did LSU get a six seed? They tanked the second half of the season similar to ISU. I guess the committee had sympathy for them, because neither team deserved what they got. Every 8 and 9 seed in the tourney is better than LSU.

First of all congratulations to all of you for winning the B1G tourney. In each & every game you guys absolutely proved you deserved to be the winners.

Thank you for the good wishes. I wish we had actually gotten in instead of getting an at large bid but we are very happy to take that beat Notre Dame and head on to San Diego and do what we can versus Alabama.
6 years ago we were literally the worst team in the Big Ten. If you count what would have likely been an invite in 2020 but didn't come because of the pandemic, Steve Pikiell and this team have gotten us three bids in a row. Not too shabby.
I like your chances against Alabama, the way you guys guard and have guys that can get you a bucket when you need one! Best of luck against ND!

Holy crap, who woulda thought that Dickie V would be driving the bus on being bullish about Iowa in the NCAA Tourney this year?!

As an aside, I was cruising the webz earlier, checking out 'expert' predictions on the bracket. Aside from some dummy who picked PC over Iowa in the 2nd round, it would seem most feel the "floor" for the Hawks this March is the Sweet 16, with a few Elite 8 picks and most have Iowa in the Final 4.

i-like-the-sound-of-that-i-like-that.gif

too bad Dick has us losing in the Championship game

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
I hate Wisconsin with a deep irrationality, but nothing would be sweeter than getting vengeance for the L in Madison in January by beating them in Chicago, in the Elite 8, to go on to the Final 4.
I hear you. The only issue is that those bastards will be after tickets, along with most likely Kansas and Iowa fans, which will drive up ticket prices

today, he knew he had kids with tired legs and he played 14 players. All of them contributed. Fran seems to be pushing all the right buttons right now.
Actually, Rebraca and Kris Murray were in fouls trouble in both half’s and Fran’s restrictive 2 foul rule required both Ogundele and Mulvey to play.
without foul trouble, it’s doubtful those to get anytime.
but as you can see, “pushing the Ogundele button” was a very good thing, ( not that it was planned )

Reactions: TKingpin
I view it a bit different. Yeah you just ran 4 straight days, but sometimes if you draw the body down for too many days in a row, you lose the pace. They will be feeling just fine by Wednesday & ready to go for Thursday's tip. Want to keep that button hot.

i just hope we are healthy going into Thursday; I believe we are

Good luck, @MrsScrew

I hope the entire B1G has a good showing this year!

Pike has done a remarkable job. I really believe that the COY and POY awards in the BIG should be decided at some point after the conference tourney. For us, we have waited for something like this for a long time. Finally, it happened.
Thanks for your well wishes, and good luck to you and the Knights as well! Will be watching! Yes, Rutgers would probably been a lock. Tough team. Who knows? Maybe they can go far in this!

Below are the teams sorted by Sweet 16 probability.

Good bracket value:
Texas Tech
Vermont
Michigan
UNC
South Dakota State

Bad bracket value:
Providence
Colorado State
Arkansas
Wisconsin
Baylor