ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Lawmakers prepare to move on K-12 funding

Huey,

Your party is responsible for skyrocketing inflation. Printing money like it's a damn game. If you want to blame someone, blame yourself. You voted for it.

It's unfortunate that teacher pay hasn't kept up with inflation. Well...welcome to the real world my friend. Not many people can say that their pay has kept up with inflation. Teachers shouldn't treated any differently. Times are tough for a lot of people.

The NEA and AFT were all in with Biden.
Northern… the history of your accusation is not provable. This inflation has been 15 years in the making. Quantitative easing and needless tax cuts, record Congressional spending… pretty soon someone has to pay the bills and inflation, although uncomfortable, is a proven method of easing this financial strain and avoid a collapsing economy. The Republicans of the last 40 years have proven themselves as irresponsible handling the nation’s finances as they have accused the Democrats of being. That is the fact. You can blame the Democrats all you want but doing so just is not admitting the truth.

Joel.

Do you feels it's appropriate for teachers to complain about wages not keeping up with inflation when so many other people are enduring the same problem?

Reactions: denmar81
Joel.

Do you feels it's appropriate for teachers to complain about wages not keeping up with inflation when so many other people are enduring the same problem?
For me, absolutely. We have a massive surplus. The state could easily do 7%. So keeping up with inflation should be an easy call for the Rs to make if they weren't such dicks. In fact any company sitting on a massive surplus should be doing the same.

For me, absolutely. We have a massive surplus. The state could easily do 7%. So keeping up with inflation should be an easy call for the Rs to make if they weren't such dicks. In fact any company sitting on a massive surplus should be doing the same.

So ease the pain of teachers but no tax cuts to ease the pain of many.

Gross!

Joel.

Absolutely. They are citizens too… just like you and I.
I tend to agree with them. This is all part of Branstad/Reynolds/Iowa GOP governance philosophy. America has done a poor job with wages and inflation since the 1960’s.

So ease the pain of teachers but no tax cuts to ease the pain of many.

Gross!
What gas the Congress been doing since the Reagan Tax Cuts of the 1980’s? Clinton raised taxes during his term… and “balanced budgets” resulted…but Bush cut taxes as did Trump and yet you say “we” have no relief? You are wrong! Taxes have never been so low! Quit whining and bullshitting! Tell the damn truth here, please.

Still no deal? And it appears that a block of rural area Republicans in the House are not budging off of their oppositions towards their kids losing funding to support private schools.
Sounds like maybe some people are waking up and listening to their constituents. They want their schools to be as strong as possible, and are not interested in the pet projects of out of state lobbyists.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT