ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Men's Track wins B1G Title

It isn't that they were bad, more that they weren't very deep. They've had some very good athletes, and Woody is doing a very good job of getting his depth built up.

Yes, looking at some of the event scoring, in some events Iowa had multiple point scorers and it looks like that may have been the difference in winning or not for the conference title.

Congrats to the Hawks!!

Yes, looking at some of the event scoring, in some events Iowa had multiple point scorers and it looks like that may have been the difference in winning or not for the conference title.

Congrats to the Hawks!!
They won without Tuufuli(sp) who is a very good weight man. (won discus at Drake Relays). Wonder what he did to get suspended. Hope not bad enough to keep him from NCAA's.

Woody so far hasn';t had that much success in distances, though there is a good steeplechaser on the team. Lots of success in shorter distances, hurdlers.

Love watching 4x400 relays, especially when the anchor has to come from behind to win. Those are exciting.

Then you'll appreciate this. Same kid that ran a 9.98 100 meters a few weeks ago. 44.74 split in the anchor. Made up 50+ meter deficit to a kid that ran a 47 second anchor himself.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Then you'll appreciate this. Same kid that ran a 9.98 100 meters a few weeks ago. 44.74 split in the anchor. Made up 50+ meter deficit to a kid that ran a 47 second anchor himself.

Wow didn't see this. That is quite a gap to make up in the 400 meters. Scary thing is he is an unbelievable long jumper. Read that could be his best bet at winning an Olympic Gold medal someday. His jump at state meet was one of the 10 best ever for a high school athlete too.

What kind of scholarship does a track and field male & female athlete get?

Like most of you, I rarely follow this sport! I am too busy with basketball....uh, other stuff!

What kind of scholarship does a track and field male & female athlete get?

Like most of you, I rarely follow this sport! I am too busy with basketball....uh, other stuff!

Last I knew, Division I track & field programs have 12.6 scholarships for men's teams and 18 for women's teams. Those limits include cross country I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT