******Iowa @ Michigan Game Thread******

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8pm FS1
Michigan-2.0
O/U 155.0

I’ve thought this was a loss all year and while the hawks are playing their next ball of the season I still think Dickerson feasts on us.

Iowa 79
Michigan 84

Dickinson is a huge problem, had a huge game on Monday. They had one guy, 55, run around and stick on JBO last game. If we have a chance we have to rebound and get JBO off to some extent. Didn't like this game from the get go, not feeling good about it. My guess, 83 - 75 for the blue and maize. Go Hawks!!

Big game, big opportunity. Important game for both teams.

Love to see the Hawks rise up and get this one, but ....

Michigan shot 58%, including 58% from 3 against MSU and outrebounded them by 5. I know MSU isn't the MSU of old, but if they do as well tonight Iowa is not going to get a W.

I think you play Kris Murray heavy minutes at the 5, let Dickinson get his, and attack him off the dribble on the perimeter and try to get him in foul trouble
Gotta give a little help at times BUT gotta keep him from whipping those cross-court passes - defend the lanes! Iowa has the length to do it. And I don't think that MI can stop Iowa from scoring.

90 - 75 Iowa

#32 NET Michigan (16-12) is playing for their NCAA Tournament lives. They are squarely on the bubble and need wins, especially at home. They currently have 4 Quad 1 wins; beating Iowa would add to that total.

#17 NET Iowa's Quad 1 record is just 1-6. That, along with a #330 ranked nonconference schedule (per KenPom), is why we are seeing Iowa projected as a 7 or 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament. This would be a huge Quad 1 win for Iowa's resume.

If we learn from the last time we played Michigan, I think we can pull this game out.

The last time we played Michigan:

* Dickinson led his team with 7 assists, very effectively passing out of the double team. He still ended up with 14 points on 5-11 shooting. Do we double team him tonight?

* Diabate scored 28 points on 12-15 (80%) shooting. What will be Iowa's answer for him this time around?

* Iowa got outrebounded 40-37. As we know this season, Iowa wins the game when it outrebounds its opponent.

* Connor did not attempt a shot in 16 minutes playing time. That will change in this game.

* Michigan got 18 points off 11 Iowa turnovers. Iowa got just 9 points off 11 Michigan turnovers.

* Michigan made 5 more FTs in their 5 point win.

* Iowa shooting was not good, especially from 3 and from the FT line (7 misses).

IOWA Shooting:

04-18 (22%) from 3
27-52 (52%) from 2 point range
31-70 (44%) overall shooting

13-20 (65%) FTs

79 points

Michigan Shooting:

04-20 (20%) from 3
27-42 (64%) from 2 point range
31-62 (50%) overall shooting

18-23 (78%) FTs

84 points

I think it boils down to JBo, Connor, and Keegan finding their stroke from behind the arc. If the threes fall aplenty, and Iowa hits 75% of their FT attempts, they will likely win. If not, it will be a struggle.

Reactions: dadster
I think you play Kris Murray heavy minutes at the 5, let Dickinson get his, and attack him off the dribble on the perimeter and try to get him in foul trouble

LOL

You can't play Kris heavy minutes if he can't stay out of foul trouble, which has been an issue all season long.

Why do you think we might be able to get Hunter in foul trouble? He only averages 2.7 fouls/game and has fouled out just once all season.

And the last time we played Michigan, Kris was the one who fouled out and played just 14 minutes (not heavy minutes) as a result.

giphy.gif

LOL

You can't play Kris heavy minutes if he can't stay out of foul trouble, which has been an issue all season long.

Why do you think we might be able to get Hunter in foul trouble? He only averages 2.7 fouls/game and has fouled out just once all season.

And the last time we played Michigan, Kris was the one who fouled out and played just 14 minutes (not heavy minutes) as a result.
Obviously I meant under the assumption that he doesn’t get into foul trouble

I believe the last time Iowa played in Ann Arbor, Garza went for 40 but Michigan won easily. It's not about Dickerson. It's about everyone else. Iowa needs to turn that Garza game plan around on the Wolverines and take home a huge win.

Obviously I meant under the assumption that he doesn’t get into foul trouble

unoHawkeye: "I think you play Kris Murray heavy minutes at the 5, let Dickinson get his, and attack him off the dribble on the perimeter and try to get him in foul trouble."

Well, obviously:

* Hunter has not gotten into foul trouble all season long, yet you seem to think that would be an effective strategy and might just happen tonight.

* Kris has been in foul trouble all season long, which has limited his minutes, yet you seem to think that Kris should suddenly be playing heavy minutes tonight.

Heavy minutes would be at least 30 minutes. Kris, however, has averaged just 18 minutes a game; the most he's played in a game this season is 29 minutes, on Jan 13, vs. Indiana.

8pm FS1
Michigan-2.0
O/U 155.0

I’ve thought this was a loss all year and while the hawks are playing their next ball of the season I still think Dickerson feasts on us.

Iowa 79
Michigan 84
I hate to say it, but I agree. Iowa does not match up well against Michigan IMO. Hopefully, I am wrong!

Both Iowa & Michigan are looking to add another Quad 1 victory to their resumes.

And why is Michigan, at just 16-12, still clearly on the NCAA Tournament bubble?

And why is #17 NET Iowa only projected as a 7 or 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament?

For starters, all you have to do is look at their KenPom Nonconference Strength of Schedules:

#330: Iowa
#23: Michigan

IOWA (#17 NET Ranking)
1-6: Quad 1
6-2: Quad 2
7-0: Quad 3
7-0: Quad 4
21-8 Overall Record
==================

Michigan (#32 NET Ranking)
4-9: Quad 1
4-2: Quad 2
5-1: Quad 3
3-0: Quad 4
16-12 Overall Record
==================

unoHawkeye: "I think you play Kris Murray heavy minutes at the 5, let Dickinson get his, and attack him off the dribble on the perimeter and try to get him in foul trouble."

Well, obviously:

* Hunter has not gotten into foul trouble all season long, yet you seem to think that would be an effective strategy and might just happen tonight.

* Kris has been in foul trouble all season long, which has limited his minutes, yet you seem to think that Kris should suddenly be playing heavy minutes tonight.

Heavy minutes would be at least 30 minutes. Kris, however, has averaged just 18 minutes a game; the most he's played in a game this season is 29 minutes, on Jan 13, vs. Indiana.
Don’t you have anything better to do? I can’t have an opinion on a game without you jumping down my throat?

I didn’t just say “heavy minutes” I said “heavy minutes at the 5,” meaning most of his minutes at the 5, not “30” which was a number that you handpicked

Iowa's "worst" game in February was vs Michigan. It was also their only loss in February.

I think Iowa will be ready to go tonight, and the things that got them beat in the previous game will be done/prepared for much better. Whether that means a win, who knows. As we can only hope Michigan has some 'letdown' coming off the big win over MSU on Tuesday night as well as some 'looking ahead' to @OSU on Sunday.

And why is Michigan, at just 16-12, still clearly on the NCAA Tournament bubble?

And why is #17 NET Iowa only projected as a 7 or 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament?
How heavy do quad 1 wins play into the equation? I would say very heavily given the Clowns are still projected to be a 7 seed even after being blown out at home vs. Okie St.

I wonder if we can bet anywhere on your 2 strategies:

(1) Play Kris heavy minutes.

Ie, O/U 30 minutes.

He averages 18 min per game

(2) Get Hunter in foul trouble.

Ie, O/U, 4 fouls for Hunter

He averages just 2.7 fouls/game.
He still never said 30 minutes, just said heavy at the 5. And foul trouble can be something other than 4 fouls. 2 quick fouls can be more determinative of the outcome then picking up your fourth with 30 seconds left. (O/U on fouls should be a .5 number if you're actually betting)

How heavy do quad 1 wins play into the equation? I would say very heavily given the Clowns are still projected to be a 7 seed even after being blown out at home vs. Okie St.

Yeah, the # of quad 1 wins are part of it too

But Michigan is getting a lot of benefit of any doubt because they played a tough schedule

And if Michigan had played SEVEN quad 4 games (like Iowa did) instead of just 3, they would likely be looking at a 20-8 record, instead of 16-12

He still never said 30 minutes, just said heavy at the 5. And foul trouble can be something other than 4 fouls. 2 quick fouls can be more determinative of the outcome then picking up your fourth with 30 seconds left. (O/U on fouls should be a .5 number if you're actually betting)

i think heavy would be defined as 30 or more minutes; some may think it would be even more that that

and the words "foul trouble" are rarely used when Hunter is playing; as i mentioned above, he averages just 2.7 per game

i think heavy would be defined as 30 or more minutes; some may think it would be even more that that

and the words "foul trouble" are rarely used when Hunter is playing; as i mentioned above, he averages just 2.7 per game
How many fouls did Dickinson have the last game against Iowa? More or less than his average?

Also, what a stupid couple of bets! The only way I win your foul bet is if Dickinson fouls out 😂

Don’t you have anything better to do? I can’t have an opinion on a game without you jumping down my throat?

I didn’t just say “heavy minutes” I said “heavy minutes at the 5,” meaning most of his minutes at the 5, not “30” which was a number that you handpicked
It's no use trying, the best solution is to just ignore him. You remember the kid in grade school who always had to be right? Well he has found a home on this message board. If you just pretend like he doesn't exist you take away his power. If we all just ignored him we'd be better off. He wants you to argue so he can dig through your post history, highlight things you said, and swing his dick around showing how knowledgeable he is about Hawkeye basketball. It's sad when you think about it, you'd actually do him a favor by not responding. Don't give him the ammo he needs to fuel his strange addiction.

I’ve probably missed it but can Patrick go tonight?
Still day to day. He's gonna try to do some stuff today (yesterday) in practice. We didn't do a lot yesterday he did a little bit. So let's see how he responds to that. You know, that kind of a mini workout. And we'll see what he does today. He's going to do more and even tomorrow how he feels because we we don't want him to have this thing linger the rest of the way.

Still day to day. He's gonna try to do some stuff today (yesterday) in practice. We didn't do a lot yesterday he did a little bit. So let's see how he responds to that. You know, that kind of a mini workout. And we'll see what he does today. He's going to do more and even tomorrow how he feels because we we don't want him to have this thing linger the rest of the way.
Tonight will be Michigan's third big game in five nights. Second half tonite their gas tanks will be flashing E,E,E,E,E !!!! Hawks 81-70. 😎❤️🏀

How many fouls did Dickinson have the last game against Iowa? More or less than his average?

Also, what a stupid couple of bets! The only way I win your foul bet is if Dickinson fouls out 😂

unoHawkeye, earlier in the thread: "I think you play Kris Murray heavy minutes at the 5, let Dickinson get his, and attack him off the dribble on the perimeter and try to get him in foul trouble."

the proposed bets were a result of your your stupid assertions and hopes that (1) Kris should/will play heavy minutes; and (2) we can get Hunter in foul trouble, when that rarely happens.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
It's no use trying, the best solution is to just ignore him. You remember the kid in grade school who always had to be right? Well he has found a home on this message board. If you just pretend like he doesn't exist you take away his power. If we all just ignored him we'd be better off. He wants you to argue so he can dig through your post history, highlight things you said, and swing his dick around showing how knowledgeable he is about Hawkeye basketball. It's sad when you think about it, you'd actually do him a favor by not responding. Don't give him the ammo he needs to fuel his strange addiction.

What's sad is we can't have an adult discussion without people like you getting your feeling all hurt.

And what's also sad are the childish words that you chose.

Be better.

ADVERTISEMENT