ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa @ Michigan Game Thread******

It obviously won’t happen but Connor deserves mentioned in BIG10 defensive POY. Guy can literally guard all five positions and do it well. This is a huge advantage for Iowa.

Connor made some hellish big plays tonight. Given Jordan has gone nuclear it seems like our senior guards (11 years of ball between them) do not want this season to end.

Great call and gameplan... too bad the refs decided their whistles didn't work very well when it came to calling fouls on Dickinson and Michgan.
Our three point shooting helped a lot too. It opened up everything on offense and Kris capitalized with a ton of good looks in the paint. Perkins played really well also - if he continues to play like he has, Iowa is unguardable on offense, imo

Our three point shooting helped a lot too. It opened up everything on offense and Kris capitalized with a ton of good looks in the paint. Perkins played really well also - if he continues to play like he has, Iowa is unguardable on offense, imo
Everything is working so well for Iowa right now. Everything.

+ Offense. (Keegan, of course. Kris really coming on now, too. JBo turning back into the old JBo. TonyP emerging. Connor getting hot from 3. and so and so on)

+ Defense. (I don't know what sparked this change and continuing to play it at the current level, but bottle that s* Fran!!)

+ Rebounding. (same as Defense)

+ FT%. (same as the last two)

This team is absolutely playing its best ball and at the perfect time.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that this team is playing better ball at this point in the season than any of Fran’s previous team
I think its very safe to say we've probably never before seen a Fran team go off on a streak like this, playing so well in ALL areas, for 9 games straight. (or at least 8.5 to 8.75)

And ESPECIALLY not for all of February and start of March.

It’s amazing they only called Michigan for 11 fouls. Awesome win against the refs tonight. Iowa is at least a 5 seed in the BTT now.
Iowa can be the 6 seed if they lose to Illinois and Rutgers and Ohio St win their last game.

I think its very safe to say we've probably never before seen a Fran team go off on a streak like this, playing so well in ALL areas, for 9 games straight. (or at least 8.5 to 8.75)

And ESPECIALLY not for all of February and start of March.
The closest was probably the nine game winning streak we went on in ‘16, taking down #1 MSU and culminating in a #3 in the country rating into late January

That one might be the better run (beating Illinois next game would overtake it for sure) but you’re right - no better time than now to be peaking!

was anybody else beyond pissed when the refs decided 8 on 5 was "more fair" during the final 5 minutes?
Lighten up Francis! Iowa won the game that I thought they had a chance to win.
They're playing well and this year is the year Fran's team has the best chance to go beyond the first week of the NCAA since 1999.
Even if this team falls flat after tonight, Fran has done a marvelous job of getting this team focused on playing defense and maintaining their offensive production. Fantastic job!

Lighten up Francis! Iowa won the game that I thought they had a chance to win.
They're playing well and this year is the year Fran's team has the best chance to go beyond the first week of the NCAA since 1999.
Even if this team falls flat after tonight, Fran has done a marvelous job of getting this team focused on playing defense and maintaining their offensive production. Fantastic job!
I just asked if anyone else was getting pissed by the refs clearly aiding michigan's comeback, you projected everything else

When Iowa got called for 10 second violation, when we had ball at FT line w 20 seconds on shot clock, was really worrying how Whitvot got in the building.
That call was a head scratcher. It seemed like the reffing crew was looking for reasons to make bogus calls against Iowa.

Connor gets the treatment that Woodbury received. Woody was the best defensive big man under Fran by far. Both are elite defenders and underrated.
I'm still waiting for Kris to catch a break. He catches zero love from the officials. He got knocked to the ground hard on that dunk and nothing. That charge against Northwestern in the previous game was ridiculous as well.

Reactions: BBHawk
That call was a head scratcher. It seemed like the reffing crew was looking for reasons to make bogus calls against Iowa.
The game clock said 2:09 when the ball was received inbounds. Jordan threw it at 2:00, but it wasn't caught across the timeline until after 10 seconds had elapsed. He probably should have called timeout to avoid the penalty. Thank goodness it turned out not to be the deciding call of the game.

I think you play Kris Murray heavy minutes at the 5, let Dickinson get his, and attack him off the dribble on the perimeter and try to get him in foul trouble
You nailed it, great prediction! Kris played heavy minutes at the 5 when it was apparent Rebraca was struggling. Dickenson didn't get called for many fouls (home court advantage) but Kris did a great job intercepting passes, blocking, and forcing turn overs. Again, nice job predicting Fran's gameplay.

I don't want much basketball outside of the Big Ten, but I refuse to believe there is a better basketball player in the country than Keegan. Truly special player

Great win. The first half was fantastic. One of the best I have seen
Iowa played just as efficient, shot the ball just as well in the first half at Virginia in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, but needed Joe Toussaint to hit a short jump shot to put the Cavaliers away in the end.

I'm still waiting for Kris to catch a break. He catches zero love from the officials. He got knocked to the ground hard on that dunk and nothing. That charge against Northwestern in the previous game was ridiculous as well.
As many calls that Kris doesn't get, Dickinson got. Or the officials ignored his contact.on one play last night he pushed Kris from behind with both hands as Kris went up for a layup, with the result being that Kris landed on his back in pain. No call, and the ref was right there. Kris was not happy about it but he played on (made the bucket). At least the ref stopped play, but they have to clean that stuff up. That could have been an injury and was clearly an attempt by Dickenson to foul.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT