ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Minny Game Thread****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
This game doesn’t look as tough as originally thought, Minny has lost 3 in a row and like Iowa feasted on a weak NonCon schedule.

1pm on BTN
Iowa -5.0
O/U 152.0

although I picked an Iowa loss I think this one might come down to a last second shot. Hawks 83-80

Reactions: rfgiowa
This game doesn’t look as tough as originally thought, Minny has lost 3 in a row and like Iowa feasted on a weak NonCon schedule.

1pm on BTN
Iowa -5.0
O/U 152.0

although I picked an Iowa loss I think this one might come down to a last second shot. Hawks 83-80
Would be nice to pick up a league road win, even against a lower half of the conference team.
I'm maintaining my countdown to 5 conference wins in January as I think that puts them in a good spot to get to the magic mark of .500. 2 in the bag, 3 to go.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
@Franisdaman , are you going to the game today?

This will be my second trip to The Barn. Hoping for a big Hawkeye win today.

My first time here was two years ago and it was awesome. The world changed forever about two weeks later. *Hoping to reverse the curse and start getting back to normal although it’s not looking good right now.

It’s gonna be a dog fight! Minnesota plays freaking hard. The good news is that Minnesota is absolutely AWFUL at offensive rebounding, they literally don’t try to get them. I’m hoping they stick to that strategy versus trying something different knowing Iowa isn’t a good rebounding team.

357/358 for offensive rebounding in the nation..

It’s gonna be a dog fight! Minnesota plays freaking hard. The good news is that Minnesota is absolutely AWFUL at offensive rebounding, they literally don’t try to get them. I’m hoping they stick to that strategy versus trying something different knowing Iowa isn’t a good rebounding team.

357/358 for offensive rebounding in the nation..

so when the Hawks dominate the glass will we see posts congratulating the staff for “fixing it”?

@Franisdaman , are you going to the game today?

This will be my second trip to The Barn. Hoping for a big Hawkeye win today.

My first time here was two years ago and it was awesome. The world changed forever about two weeks later. *Hoping to reverse the curse and start getting back to normal although it’s not looking good right now.
I'll be there also! Go Hawks, get the win for my husband's birthday!!

Minnesota down 4 players and 2 coaches due to Covid. 2 key contributors. Looks like they have 7 total available.

Take advantage and get a huge road win that will matter on Selection Sunday. Let's Go Hawks!

Today's gameplan should be to run run run. Tire them out and bury them!

Also, START KRIS MURRAY!!!

for sure Kris should start, but my game plan would be to rack up fouls against the Goofs. If running can do that, fine, but the Hawks can really turn the screws by drawing some fouls.

We match up well with Minnesota from a size perspective. Their tallest contributor is 6’9, so expect to see a steady diet of the Murray’s and Rebraca with little need for Ogundele or Mulvey

Life on the road in the Big Ten sucks, but I think Hawks take this one in a close game

Minnesota down 4 players and 2 coaches due to Covid. 2 key contributors. Looks like they have 7 total available.
Oh wow. That would by a key factor in this game. 7 players is gonna be a tough rotation. I wonder if they will play any redshirts off the bench, if thats even possible. I don't know all of the RS rules.

1pm on BTN
Iowa -5.0
O/U 152.0

Curse!
😉

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT