ADVERTISEMENT

*******Iowa @ Nebby Game Thread*******

Thanks to @AuroraHawk for the following:

If you are looking for a free RADIO broadcast, download The Varsity Network app.

It is app only.

I downloaded the app to my Droid and it has this weekend's baseball games and the Men's & Women's basketball games all listed!

The radio stream for today's baseball game starts at 1:30 pm CT (2 pm first pitch)

The stream for tonight's basketball game starts at 7:00 pm CT (8 pm tip).

Reactions: FWIW4922463
Is this true...Iowa is 0 of 3 at Nebraska during the last 5 years?

Last edited:
I’m not confident and I have no idea why. Iowa is rolling, Nebraska sucks, yet here I am thinking it’s going to be an 88-80 type game. Maybe it’s the 8:00 start on the road? Dunno

Reactions: CookyMonster
Senior Nites always make me nervous. Neb has nothing to lose.
We need to get out fast and take the crowd out.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Nebraska wants this one. I see a very tight game.
Could be. I'm pretty sure they want every game but that hasn't stopped them from losing 15 of 16 conference games. I'm not sure what's more shocking, that Hoiberg was able to recruit the talent they have, or that they can play as consistently bad as they have with the talent they have.

Coming off two very big wins, a letdown in Lincoln is certainly a possibility. Hopefully Fran has them ready.

This one makes me so nervous. You know damn well Hoiberg wants this game. Iowa needs to end the losing streak in Lincoln TONIGHT!
Okay whatever. So did "The Mayor" NOT want the 15 other games they lost in conference play? The guy has more to worry about then the fact he once played at ISU like 40 years ago....... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9and4
The women showed at Rutgers how this could be difficult. Rutgers shot out of their mind in the second half and clearly played with more intensity. They wanted it more. Were it not for Caitlin’s Heroics in the 4th quarter, the women lose at cellar-dweller Rutgers.

Trap game for the guys, too?

it would be nice if JBo came out and drained a couple bombs to start out. That would free up the inside for Murray, Rebraccia and Patrick.

And of course, Keegan needs to not pick up 2 early fouls.

Last edited:
Okay whatever. So did "The Mayor" NOT want the 15 other games they lost in conference play? The guy has more to worry about then the fact he once played at ISU like 40 years ago....... :rolleyes:

You don't think the Nebraska coaches and the players won't be up for this one?

No, it does not mean they didn't want the other 15 games. Come on man, it's a rivalry game.

You don't think the Nebraska coaches and the players won't be up for this one?

No, it does not mean they didn't want the other 15 games. Come on man, it's a rivalry game.
I just don't understand the distinction? And NO I don't see Nebraska as our rival anywhere near say Minnesota, Wisconsin or Illinois. Why do you think beating Iowa, (other then they'd like to get a rare win) means anymore to Nebraska then Wisconsin, Minnesota or whomever? I just don;t get why our fans go into fear mode when we play teams at the bottom of the conference be it basketball or football. Could they win, sure it could happen, but I wouldn't bet on it, and I'm sure not going to sit here and predict will lose to the Cornholers. And for the record what happened the last several times we played there has nothing to do with tonights game, anymore then the next time we play them in football. That five or six straight doesn't garner us any extra point next November. Different teams both.......

Last edited:
The women showed at Rutgers how this could be difficult. Rutgers shot out of their mind in the second half and clearly played with more intensity. They wanted it more. Were it not for Caitlin’s Heroics in the 4th quarter, the women lose at cellar-dweller Rutgers.

Trap game for the guys, too?

it would be nice if JBo came out and drained a couple bombs to start out. That would free up the inside for Murray, Rebraccia and Patrick.

And of course, Keegan needs to not pick up 2 early fouls.
It would but Frankly I don't see them stopping Keegan, or Kris for that matter regardless.

I just don't understand the distinction? And NO I don't see Nebraska as our rival anywhere near say Minnesota, Wisconsin or Illinois. Why do you think beating Iowa, (other then they'd like to get a rare win) means anymore to Nebraska then Wisconsin, Minnesota or whomever?

Ok, got it...to you rivalry games don't exist and players are not motivated anymore for 1 game over the other.

Ok, got it...to you rivalry games don't exist and players are not motivated anymore for 1 game over the other.
What I SAID was, i don't see how they're our rival, or visa versa, more then Wisconsin, Minnesota or Illinois? Just because our state boundries touch, (like all the other schools I mentioned), We have a long history with all of those other schools. Nebraska, whatever. This is another contrived rivalry. And frankly once the ball is tipped off all of that rivalry shit is worth a bag of magic beans. This game matters to them because its the next one, just like it for Iowa, (who has a hell of a lot more to play for, by the way)......

What I SAID was, i don't see how they're our rival, or visa versa, more then Wisconsin, Minnesota or Illinois? Just because our state boundries touch, (like all the other schools I mentioned), We have a long history with all of those other schools. Nebraska, whatever. This is another contrived rivalry. And frankly once the ball is tipped off all of that rivalry shit is worth a bag of magic beans. This game matters to them because its the next one, just like it for Iowa, (who has a hell of a lot more to play for, by the way)......

Are you done yet?

Speaking of rivals, they aren't in the same ballpark as Purdue...

☺️

Reactions: JMSBFD and Suterman
This one makes me so nervous. You know damn well Hoiberg wants this game. Iowa needs to end the losing streak in Lincoln TONIGHT!
What you want and what you get are often not the same. Ask that little guy from East Lansing. He wanted to win in Iowa City--really, really wanted to win. Wanting isn't a strategy. Poor Freddie. The mayor will be impeached, eventually, and tonight will be one more reason why. LOL

Iowa 101
Nebraska 68

Reactions: ssckelley
What you want and what you get are often not the same. Ask that little guy from East Lansing. He wanted to win in Iowa City--really, really wanted to win. Wanting isn't a strategy. Poor Freddie. The mayor will be impeached, eventually, and tonight will be one more reason why. LOL

Iowa 101
Nebraska 68

Now that's a score that could move the NET. I hope you are right, the last few years Iowa has taken good teams into Lincoln and came away empty handed.

Are you done cowering in the corner worried about losing to the worst team in the conference for the last several years? But, but, but their our rival.. :rolleyes:
I was wondering what the last B1G team to go winless in conference was.

Are you done cowering in the corner worried about losing to the worst team in the conference for the last several years? But, but, but their our rival.. :rolleyes:

How did Iowa do in Lincoln the last time they played Nebraska? After you look that up check how many conference wins Nebraska had that year. That was an Iowa team that had Garza and Wieskamp.

ADVERTISEMENT