ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa @ Nebraska Roll Call

Mar 14, 2003
Who is going to Lincoln on Black Friday? Always good to get a nice Hawkeye presence there. If you have any doubts, tickets are CHEAP on stubhub currently. So buy them up and make the trip.

Iowa's offense needs all the support they can get.

One of my sons was just given 4 tickets by a Nebby fan. Seats are together and on the 45 in the east stands. Nebby fans are so nice.

Reactions: 3boysmom
I'll be there. I bought over-priced tickets with crappy seats through the U of I last summer. I'm sure I'll get a 50 yard line upgrade after the half.

If you haven't got your tickets yet they will probably be giving them away outside the gates - they have this fictitious sell out streak thing they need to uphold.

I'll be there. 2 buddies who happen to be from NE came to Kinnick last year, left early bc of the 40-10 score. They are returning the favor this year, I expect a similar result this year in the Hawks favor.

I'll be there. I bought over-priced tickets with crappy seats through the U of I last summer. I'm sure I'll get a 50 yard line upgrade after the half.

If you haven't got your tickets yet they will probably be giving them away outside the gates - they have this fictitious sell out streak thing they need to uphold.

I know it bothers you, but the tickets are all sold....thus a sell out. It's a tired marketing ploy by the university, but it is technically true. Now whether all the tickets are used or not, that is another question.

From a Omaha business owner and NU donor. First, "Assuming a lose to PSU, Mike R. will be fired sometime on Monday or earlier if we (NU) get blown out". Secondly, " I will pay my employees to go to the game before I will sell them (my company tickets) to Iowa fans" Thirdly, with a big smile, he offered a dozon tickets to us free of charge so there will be at least 12 Iowa fans at the game.:)

I know it bothers you, but the tickets are all sold....thus a sell out. It's a tired marketing ploy by the university, but it is technically true. Now whether all the tickets are used or not, that is another question.

Wasn't there some instances like McNeese State a few years ago where a big company had to step in a buy up a bunch of tickets at the last minute?

Wasn't there some instances like McNeese State a few years ago where a big company had to step in a buy up a bunch of tickets at the last minute?

The visiting team allotment almost always has tickets returned, and McNeese returned almost all of theirs. Those tix are counted as "sold", as they are the visiting team's allotment to deal with.

The last several years, season ticket sales have gone down....and there are companies that step in to buy up those tickets (or ticket re-sellers i.e. StubHub) will buy them, but the tickets are still "sold". The only single-game tickets the university sells are any that visiting teams return, otherwise all other tickets are sold from the university as season tickets. We'll see how much longer that will be able to continue. University is finding it harder and harder to sell tickets as season-only as the years go by.

From a Omaha business owner and NU donor. First, "Assuming a lose to PSU, Mike R. will be fired sometime on Monday or earlier if we (NU) get blown out". Secondly, " I will pay my employees to go to the game before I will sell them (my company tickets) to Iowa fans" Thirdly, with a big smile, he offered a dozon tickets to us free of charge so there will be at least 12 Iowa fans at the game.:)

People have been saying every week Riley (and/or Diaco) will be fired on Monday of Week X. There is no sense in removing him now. Riley will coach through the Iowa game. I would expect an announcement on Riley to occur on the Saturday after the Heroes Game.

I believe the AD has come out and said nothing will be done one way or the other until regular season is over

Ol' Doodle will be there along with Mrs. D, Little Doodle, and Doodle's brother, sister and their spouses. 6 Hawks and 1 Husker. Despite growing up in the Omaha/CB metro, this will be Doodle's first ever visit to Memorial Stadium. Should be an interesting experience.

First team to 9 wins!

Ol' Doodle will be there along with Mrs. D, Little Doodle, and Doodle's brother, sister and their spouses. 6 Hawks and 1 Husker. Despite growing up in the Omaha/CB metro, this will be Doodle's first ever visit to Memorial Stadium. Should be an interesting experience.

First team to 9 wins!

Bring the retired doodle mobile?

Loud and proud ladies and gents. I hope you guys take over memorial. If you are into Gyros go to Alibabas downtown, they are amazing, get the #13 and thank me later. Be safe and have fun. GO HAWKS.

Myself, my fiance. My son and his friend will all be there. I paid 250, also got a parking pass.... Should have waited a couple weeks.

Alibabas and Michelob Ultra at Brothers pre-game?
Thanksgiving= wife's Fam up in the twin cities. I lived in Lincoln for about 12 years and the floor in brothers is probably still sticky from all the beer I spilt. Thanks and EVERYONE GOING have a blast and happy holiday. And seriously a little extra taziki (sp) and you will be in heaven.

Alum-NI .... you seem like a very reasonable/realistic Husker fan. Kudos.

On the other hand the Huskers that come here - or talk about the sell out streak on your board - just sound ridiculous. Almost like thats ALL you guys have left. For me it just reinforces the point of how far the Huskers have fallen. Its kinda like if I had a zit on my nose and I try to cover it up and then EVERYONE notices the zit. You would be better off to ignore the zit and it will probably go away (eventually) LOL

Good luck - I am expecting a dog fight in Lincoln and it could go either way.

I'm undecided. I've been to one Iowa/Nebraska game. That was the one in 2014 in Kinnick. That is the last game I've watched in person because I am not mature enough to handle a loss. Especially to the Huskers. I don't know if I've grown up enough to take that chance yet. :)

Yep. Gonna miss this game moving off this weekend. Always have a full house for TG.... since it’s a 10 min drive to Memorial Stadium, and tickets are always plentiful and , um, cheap.

The Husker sister and her family cannot come this year, so it’s just 10 Hawkeyes

You'd tailgate with me and you know it!
afro-shaking-head-no.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT