ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa needs to lock ISU up as our feeder program

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HR Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
We need to be able to send players there that we aren’t quite sure on & if they develop nicely we can just pluck them away.

Iowa State is nothing more than a minor league feeder program now & if they have any players with talent, B1G & SEC schools will swoop in & take them.

We need to lockdown our state border & get any & all of Iowa State’s good players & not have them leaving for Michigan or Rutgers, etc.

Not even the kids who Iowa was after and committed to them?
They were fall back recruits for us. Turns out we didn’t need them.

If you guys do your job & develop decent players for us, we really won’t need to look at high school recruits anymore.

I don’t know much about Campbell, other than he’s 0 for lifetime against Ferentz.

Can he develop players into an Iowa Hawkeye quality?

They were fall back recruits for us. Turns out we didn’t need them.

If you guys do your job & develop decent players for us, we really won’t need to look at high school recruits anymore.

I don’t know much about Campbell, other than he’s 0 for lifetime against Ferentz.

Can he develop players into an Iowa Hawkeye quality?
Lol

excellent point from the OP

does anyone have Hunter DeMayo's e-mail address? that one kind of hurt to lose to ISU.

while I take no delight whatsoever in the demise of the confernce f/k/a the Big 8, I have long dreamed about the day when we can have the entire state of Iowa to ourselves recruiting-wise.

does anyone have Hunter DeMayo's e-mail address? that one kind of hurt to lose to ISU.

while I take no delight whatsoever in the demise of the confernce f/k/a the Big 8, I have long dreamed about the day when we can have the entire state of Iowa to ourselves recruiting-wise.
What is your definition of “lose?”

We kind of already do. Aside from a legacy, Iowa doesn’t lose out to ISU very often.

w

just my feeble attempt at humor. (but I do secretly hope that Demayo sees reality one of these days & ends up on our DL)
I got that part, but Iowa didn’t lose him. It seemed to be pretty well documented that he no longer had an offer…maybe that was part of the joke?

I remember the 80s well. Especially the Criner/ Walden years. We had the entire state back then. Nobody showing any talent wanted anything to do with Iowa State. The talent gap between the two teams was astronomical. I guarantee you we are moving back to those days now. The talent gap will slightly move again leading to an enormous gulf. It won't be too long before a kid with any talent would consider playing a lower tier of College Football.

Yet The mighty Ferents is only now 12-9 vs the Clones. Eventually Campbell will topple the mighty win streak (unless your humble coach retires first)
Because clown fans say so. isu’s best coach in school history can’t beat the Hawks .

Then again isu is one of the few P5 schools to NEVER WIN AN OUTRIGHT FOOTBALL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

That should make clowns an attractive re-alignment target.

BBBBbbbwwwwwaaaaaahahahaha

Yet The mighty Ferents is only now 12-9 vs the Clones. Eventually Campbell will topple the mighty win streak (unless your humble coach retires first)
Lol. Iowa has won 13 out of the last 18. Keep clinging to your little win streak from 20 years ago. Well Campbell better hurry up as he's only going to have a handful of seasons left to play Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT