ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offensive Lines

dbleagle1

HR All-State
Oct 18, 2014
Iowa has had so many good centers, guards and tackles that started 3 stars and ended up high draft picks over the years. Honestly, could care less if Kayden Proctor ends up somewhere else. When Ross Pierschbacher left for 'Bama, Iowa ended up with lower rated guys who ended up being better players in the long run. Now Ross is a midling journeyman in the NFL. It just isn't that big of a deal. One other example I can think of was a can't miss 5 star prospect who ended up not really even being an effective div 1 player (Blake Larsen). It really wasn't his fault that he was hyped like he was. I can't imagine the pressure he had on him. At the end of the day, I think a more important step for Iowa to take would be to upgrade the O line coach (maybe BF?). It just isn't that big of a deal if KP ends up somewhere else........now, start flaming me for saying that :)

Iowa has had so many good centers, guards and tackles that started 3 stars and ended up high draft picks over the years. Honestly, could care less if Kayden Proctor ends up somewhere else. When Ross Pierschbacher left for 'Bama, Iowa ended up with lower rated guys who ended up being better players in the long run. Now Ross is a midling journeyman in the NFL. It just isn't that big of a deal. One other example I can think of was a can't miss 5 star prospect who ended up not really even being an effective div 1 player (Blake Larsen). It really wasn't his fault that he was hyped like he was. I can't imagine the pressure he had on him. At the end of the day, I think a more important step for Iowa to take would be to upgrade the O line coach (maybe BF?). It just isn't that big of a deal if KP ends up somewhere else........now, start flaming me for saying that :)
I would just like someone from the portal and cade following Rouse is a good sign

For clarification are you saying that the OL players Iowa signed ended up being better college players? Or better NFL players?

Ross STARTED at least 3 seasons at Alabama and helped them win championships.

What guards did we get b/c we lost him, that ended up better? Wtf.

For the love of God...the saying is "I couldn't care less". Why is this such a struggle?

Let me help you: "I couldn't care less" =
I don't care at all
I care so little, I couldn't possibly care less
I simply do NOT care
I don't have even 2 $hits in me to give because I don't care one bit

Get it?

@HawkDoggy

I couldn't care less that he went to Alabama, it's his choice.

I am still trying to determine if @dbleagle1 was saying that we got OL in the 2014 class that were better college players than Pierschbacher. With that I would disagree.

Maybe better pro players, but how does that affect Iowa's record over that time frame?

Reactions: mlb1399
@HawkDoggy

I couldn't care less that he went to Alabama, it's his choice.

I am still trying to determine if @dbleagle1 was saying that we got OL in the 2014 class that were better college players than Pierschbacher. With that I would disagree.

Maybe better pro players, but how does that affect Iowa's record over that time frame?
Gracias.

Ross Pierschbacher won two national title rings at Alabama. How many did all of our guys win?
We kept our souls, and that's really what matters. ;)

Btw, if winning national titles is all people cared about, it's about time to jump ship and become Georgia fans, so that you can feel some sense of achievement that you root for a CFB team that can actually win a national championship.

Associate yourself with winners so you can always say you're a winner yourself! That's what the vast majority of Bama fans and even people within the Alabama program have managed to do.

If your team always wins, then that makes you the best, even if only by association, and we all want to be the best right? So why not join them!?

That's what Kadyn did.........right? :)

It may not be fair to judge him with only two years, but Barnett's results as the OL coach don't justify great reviews. I would have thought over the course of spring ball and the entire season we would have seen some growth. Regardless of what KF says, I and most other fans with eyeballs have not seen growth or improvement.

I do care he went to Alabama. But that was his choice. We'll be fine. I think our most pressing issue is coaching.

Well stated. I mean Jack Plumb and the Paulsen twins were here as 3 star guys for 5 years and absolutely developed; particularly with footwork, into dominant players at their respective positions

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk and blhawk
This

For the love of God...the saying is "I couldn't care less". Why is this such a struggle?

I don't care at all
I simply do NOT care

Get it?
You forgot - "****emall"

Turn on the sarcasm meter, bud.
I'm not a fan of calling out individual players but the guys you mentioned and others are a big reason why Kirk's ability to identify and develop OL talent have come into question. For every Wirfs or TL there's several guys who are average to disappointing anymore. I'm not sure how Doyle let that happen while he was still around but it's been more of the same since leaving

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Ross Pierschbacher won two national title rings at Alabama. How many did all of our guys win?
But, it was because of an entire program, not just Ross.......He spent the majority of this year on a practice squad. He was ok in College and he is a below average pro. The fact that he wasn't a Hawkeye made zero difference to the Hawks and me as a fan. How is Brandon Scherff doing? How is Tyler Linderbaum doing? How is Tristan Wirfs doing? These ended up better players than Ross Pierschbacher. Sorry but true statement.

Reactions: Bishop1971
But, it was because of an entire program, not just Ross.......He spent the majority of this year on a practice squad. He was ok in College and he is a below average pro. The fact that he wasn't a Hawkeye made zero difference to the Hawks and me as a fan. How is Brandon Scherff doing? How is Tyler Linderbaum doing? How is Tristan Wirfs doing? These ended up better players than Ross Pierschbacher. Sorry but true statement.

Ross was ok in college? He was a 2x first team all SEC.

The Hawkeyes you mentioned are all better in the NFL. That is spot on.

RP was a second-team All SEC as a Soph.

First-Team All SEC both Junior and Senior Year.

National Champ x 2

Ross P absolutely killed it.

• Haha
Wirfs was going to be better than Piersbacher wherever he went. He is a freak.
Agree but he was also pressed by big bad Alabama too and he stayed put. Character is everything. Will wait and see how Proctor compares collegiately and in the league how it all pans out.

It’s nice to know there’s very few good Development programs like Iowa. We’ll be just fine!

I don't care at all
I simply do NOT care

Get it?
Yer pritty smirt.

Regardless of the recruit not to be named, this is the biggest problem with our offense the last 2 years. We’ve fielded 2 of the sh**iest starting tackles in college the last 2 seasons and our G play hasn’t been much better. If we can’t block, we can’t control the LoS which puts a ton of pressure on the QB position and we all know that’s been weak too.

Losing unnamed player hurst from the standpoint that he has the potential to be a generational talent at a very important position. Maybe someone else will rise to the occasion.

Agree but he was also pressed by big bad Alabama too and he stayed put. Character is everything. Will wait and see how Proctor compares collegiately and in the league how it all pans out.

Has Proctor officially committed to Bama? If he DOES stay with Iowa, will your opinion of his ability instantly change?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT