ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offensive Lines

Iowa has had so many good centers, guards and tackles that started 3 stars and ended up high draft picks over the years. Honestly, could care less if Kayden Proctor ends up somewhere else. When Ross Pierschbacher left for 'Bama, Iowa ended up with lower rated guys who ended up being better players in the long run. Now Ross is a midling journeyman in the NFL. It just isn't that big of a deal. One other example I can think of was a can't miss 5 star prospect who ended up not really even being an effective div 1 player (Blake Larsen). It really wasn't his fault that he was hyped like he was. I can't imagine the pressure he had on him. At the end of the day, I think a more important step for Iowa to take would be to upgrade the O line coach (maybe BF?). It just isn't that big of a deal if KP ends up somewhere else........now, start flaming me for saying that :)
I'm not worried about losing one player in Proctor. I'd be more worried about the fact that most of Iowa's oline was bad this year and we were pinning hopes for a much better one on one freshman and another year's worth of experience for everyone else. That's a huge bet to make.

I'm not worried about losing one player in Proctor. I'd be more worried about the fact that most of Iowa's oline was bad this year and we were pinning hopes for a much better one on one freshman and another year's worth of experience for everyone else. That's a huge bet to make.
I think with the freed up nil money we get a couple of experienced good linemen in the portal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT