ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa offers 2023 legacy TE Mac Markway, One of the Top Overall Prospects in the Nation for his Class

I meant the football program. And no, I have not.

Markway is a southern kid. He grew up in SEC country. To him, the B1G and Iowa probably don’t mean squat minus his dad having been a Hawkeye. Factor in the allure of a blue blood program and the craziest stadium in college football in the best conference… it’s easy to see why he chose them.

Markway is a southern kid. He grew up in SEC country. To him, the B1G and Iowa probably don’t mean squat minus his dad having been a Hawkeye. Factor in the allure of a blue blood program and the craziest stadium in college football in the best conference… it’s easy to see why he chose them.
Agreed. Just like many Iowa kids grow up wanting to be Hawkeyes, many southern kids grow up wanting to play in the SEC. Sure, LSU has been down but they did win a title just a couple years ago and are a traditional blue blood program.
I did a student exchange program at LSU one year and it's a fun school and Death Valley on football Saturdays is a FUN time. I get why he went there. CSB.

Lol bitter much?
Lol right back to you. Why would I be bitter about someone I couldn't care less about. Its called A DISCUSSION. Dude chose freakin Nebraska when he could have had a shot to be the next in a lllooonnnggg line of guys who played in the league. Basically if you play at all, but most certainly if you EVER start at Iowa as a TE you will get a shot to play in the NFL, as have EVERY starter who has played the position at Iowa under KF. Hell we've had a DE and a FB from Iowa that played or is playing in the league as TE. Why any TE doesn't take his shot at Iowa is mind blowing, and yes I know there's been plenty. LSU is a decent pick by Markway, but any kid who would watch how Nebraska plays and choose them over Iowa isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, so NO I'm not bitter....

Meh....next!
You win some and you lose some. I'm sure my sleep won't suffer over it.

Agreed. Just like many Iowa kids grow up wanting to be Hawkeyes, many southern kids grow up wanting to play in the SEC. Sure, LSU has been down but they did win a title just a couple years ago and are a traditional blue blood program.
I did a student exchange program at LSU one year and it's a fun school and Death Valley on football Saturdays is a FUN time. I get why he went there. CSB.
Living in St. Louis is hardly “southern SEC country”. I know Mizzou is now in the SEC but their biggest rivalry basketball game is against the Illini. They had a great rivalry with Kansas when they were in the Big 12. Now they really don’t have a “bad blood” rival in the SEC. St Louis area kids are nowhere close to being like a kid growing up in Iowa wanting to be a Hawkeye. Did Markway have any interest at all in Mizzou?

Living in St. Louis is hardly “southern SEC country”. I know Mizzou is now in the SEC but their biggest rivalry basketball game is against the Illini. They had a great rivalry with Kansas when they were in the Big 12. Now they really don’t have a “bad blood” rival in the SEC. St Louis area kids are nowhere close to being like a kid growing up in Iowa wanting to be a Hawkeye. Did Markway have any interest at all in Mizzou?
I had no idea where he was from, just based my "SEC" comments off of other posters saying he is really into SEC stuff.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
The classic fan.
We get the kid: YES LETS GOOOOOOO SWARM22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He goes elsewhere: Didn't want him anyway. His loss. Next.

No. My Mizzou fan friend relayed to me even before Markway committed to Florida that he was only interested in the “elite” programs. It wasn’t a surprise that he ended up at LSU after decommitting.

Looking like JJ Kohl's consolation prize will be Clones.
zo4EMKC.gif

Disappointing. It may be he's seen our offense play. It's really too bad, because I really do believe that our offense will be much better this year. Solidifying the Oline will make a huge difference.

Listen...LSU isn't exactly a pillar of stability right now. Alot can change between now and the official signing period.

ADVERTISEMENT