ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa offers 2023 legacy TE Mac Markway, One of the Top Overall Prospects in the Nation for his Class

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
He is the son of former Hawkeyes TE Matt Markway.

3w0s413p

WytXrXWC

Last edited:
6-4, 250 as a freshman. Played on a state champion team, man can that kid block. Gotta wonder if he grows into a OT
That would be my guess. Likely a left tackle covering the QB's blind side by the time he is a freshman at Iowa. Yes, wishful thinking and keeping my fingers crossed that Mac becomes a Hawkeye!

Reactions: Harbinger273
Freshman??! Wow. I was hoping that since we offered him as a Freshman, we would be the first or one of the first to offer. Not so much.

Absolutely a great blocker already! Hopefully, he was a Hawkeye fan growing up, or recruiting him away from Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc... would be nearly impossible. Epenesa recruiting part 2?

Reactions: scotthawk1964
At this pace, he'll have bigger arms than Ross Verba had, who IIRC, Fry commented were the biggest guns he'd seen on a college player.

Reactions: bowlhawk
Just remember, the kids who played for Hayden....now have kids of their own. We lost a bit of that during the 60s and 70s to help us in the 90s and 00s. Glad to see it picking back up.

Who can forget the Hilgenburgs who, as a family, used to,play football catch facing away from each other!

Last edited:
At this pace, he'll have bigger arms than Ross Verba had, who IIRC, Fry commented were the biggest guns he'd seen on a college player.

I'm not sure, but I think it was stated that Ross may not have been 100% all natural. I think that era was that way though. I remember a roommate o lineman saying that was essentially the case for many. He felt pressure to do so anyway but not by coaches, etc., but by himself just to compete. By graduation, he was a solid 50 pounds lighter.

No first hand info on Ross.

I am really struck by the physique of this freshman compared to the older Fidone. Looks physically like Fidone is the younger, less developed guy!

Just remember, the kids who played for Hayden....now have kids of their own. We lost a bit of that during the 60s and 70s to help us in the 90s and 00s. Glad to see it picking back up.

Who can forget the Hilgenburgs who, as a family, used to,play football catch facing away from each other!
kids who played for Kirk are starting to have kids of their own recruited by Iowa...look no further than Jerry Montgomery and Kevin Kasper. Time flies...

Does Tim Dwight and Tavian Banks have kids? And if so, can they run they Tim and Tavian? LOL
I believe Tavian is in the DM area, married with two little ones, boy and girl. I’m sure it will be 10 plus years before we start to hear about their exploits on the soccer and football fields since he was a great player in both.

He would be an amazing get. Imagine if the staff has known he was a silent commit for awhile … might start to make some sense as to why some of our TE targets went elsewhere.

of course, if he goes elsewhere, the sky will most certainly be falling

He would be an amazing get. Imagine if the staff has known he was a silent commit for awhile … might start to make some sense as to why some of our TE targets went elsewhere.

of course, if he goes elsewhere, the sky will most certainly be falling

Only if it's Ohio St. :(

ADVERTISEMENT