ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa offers 2023 legacy TE Mac Markway, One of the Top Overall Prospects in the Nation for his Class

Wow!

30 Offers from the likes of Alabama, Ohio State, ND, Michigan, LSU, Texas, Miami, Florida, FSU, USC…

… and IOWA, the undisputed TEU (especially when you consider who is actually playing in the League now, not irrelevant players from the 80s and 90s, and five coaching staffs ago by former hotbeds of TE talent)

Iowa is the only real choice here. Mr. Markway has been Hawkeye family since before he was born.

Last edited:
Wow!

30 Offers from the likes of Alabama, Ohio State, ND, Michigan, LSU, Texas, Miami, Florida, FSU, USC…

… and IOWA, the undisputed TEU (especially when you consider who is actually playing in the League now, not irrelevant players from the 80s and 90s, and five coaching staffs ago by former hotbeds of TE talent)

Iowa is the only real choice here. Mr. Markway has been Hawkeye family since before he was born.

getting him to visit is huge.

This is a good story.

This weekend Mac is unofficially visiting BOTH Miami and then Iowa.

Iowa is expected to be a major player in Markway’s 2nd recruitment. As we know, he is the son of former Iowa tight end Matt Markway, and Iowa has been pushing hard ever since he backed away from his original Florida pledge.

LeVar Woods is the main recruiter. Markway’s father and Woods played together at Iowa and are good friends to this day. That’s a big factor in Markway’s decision.

Keep an eye on LSU, where Mac had this to say: “LSU was always on my radar. I have a lot of family in Folsom, Mandeville and Covington. My family has spent a lot of time with coach (Brian) Kelly and coach (Brian) Pollian when they were at Notre Dame. Love having coach (Robert) Steeples there, too.”

When averaging all 4 major recruiting media companies, Markway ranks as the #121 overall prospect in the country, #9 TE in the country, and #3 prospect in Missouri.

The Full Story:

"Iowa is definitely one of our top places without a doubt. I love the NFL way they do things around there."

This is a FREE story.

cafbufovkvtxhrghz701

I stumbled into the end of his recruiting visit, walking between the football complex and turf field on the way to the women's basketball game Sunday. He and his Dad appeared to be having a good time, lots of laughter between the coaches and him. So a good 30 minute Midwestern "good bye" conversation. /CSB

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I stumbled into the end of his recruiting visit, walking between the football complex and turf field on the way to the women's basketball game Sunday. He and his Dad appeared to be having a good time, lots of laughter between the coaches and him. So a good 30 minute Midwestern "good bye" conversation. /CSB

Did you offer him a million dollars to come to Iowa?

NIL NIL NIL Will determine who he picks...

Not sure if this is sarcasm and I'm just missing it. For some kids I'm sure this may be the case - they're looking for a quick payday. However, I think there's a large number of athletes out there who believe they'll make it to the league and and are willing to make decisions based on other things like how well they like the people at a particular program or which coaches they prefer to play for, or they want to fulfill their dream of playing for their favorite school, etc. and those things weigh more heavily in their minds then what kind of nil money they could collect in the short term.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Land Lainez, Markway, Kasper, Proctor, and the 4 star rb from Illinois with X already at Iowa and holy shiat!! Iowa be balling for a few years with these guys.
The two trend lines heading in opposite directions for the two P5 programs in this State is remarkable.

ISU just had, supposedly, their best class ever and it's still ranked lower than the Hawks.

Last edited:
LOL! A little generous calling him the nation's best TE coach.
Yeah, I have never heard him referred to as that. And taking credit for Pitts who was already there when he got there is hilarious. Brewster is known as a great recruiter but I have never heard great TEs coach.

Now that Eppy's on the case we can all rest easy. He's the best official unofficial recruiter in program history!
Of course if Mac goes elsewhere and then a couple of years later Iose also picks someone else....he's dead to us.

Ha! Doodle's just kidding. Or is he?
No, no, but seriously, it was just a joke. Or WAS it?

Upon further review - when I first saw his tape I wasn’t sure he was fast enough to be a TE, however! … NFL is looking for guys that are excellent blocking In-line TE’s. He certainly looks the part. I would bet that if he has good hands that the coaching staff will turn him into a high draft pick.

If he doesn’t have the hands, he could be another success story moving from TE to OT. He probably has a little better foot speed to keep speedy DE’s from getting around him.

Upon further review - when I first saw his tape I wasn’t sure he was fast enough to be a TE, however! … NFL is looking for guys that are excellent blocking In-line TE’s. He certainly looks the part. I would bet that if he has good hands that the coaching staff will turn him into a high draft pick.

If he doesn’t have the hands, he could be another success story moving from TE to OT. He probably has a little better foot speed to keep speedy DE’s from getting around him.
His size will work well for blocking in the run game and after about 3-4 big gains he will find himself wide open on play action.

ADVERTISEMENT