ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offers Class of 2025 Iose Epenesa (pronounced Yo-say)

And also, holy crap, "From Lincoln Middle School, Epenesa won the eighth-grade shot put with a mark of 49-0.5. He won by nearly four feet. In the discus, Epenesa unleashed a mighty throw of 162-09 to win by over 38 feet."

And also, holy crap, "From Lincoln Middle School, Epenesa won the eighth-grade shot put with a mark of 49-0.5. He won by nearly four feet. In the discus, Epenesa unleashed a mighty throw of 162-09 to win by over 38 feet."

170 feet (on May 10) is his all time best in the discus. This broke HIS previous record.

49’ 1.50” in the shot put (May 22, IL JR High Elite Track & Field Invitational)

E0gSywmWEAkqaXu

E2Bl637XsAg5qzY

E2A2i7mXoAIKl-_

Interesting commentary

I wouldn't read too much into it. He's being respectful to all the programs that are offering right now, as he should be.

I have zero information of an inside nature on this. I would say Iowa would be among the favorites, but some kids want to chart a different path than other family members. Iowa certainly got in early enough here.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
What are the odds KF is still coaching when Iose is ready to start college?

I wouldn't read too much into it. He's being respectful to all the programs that are offering right now, as he should be.

I have zero information of an inside nature on this. I would say Iowa would be among the favorites, but some kids want to chart a different path than other family members. Iowa certainly got in early enough here.

Eppy is a first class guy. He'll treat every program and coach with respect and I'm sure he teaches his kids to do the same.

I'll be curious where the young man ends up projecting ... more LB or DL?

Either way ... if he's watching Iowa's front 7 ... I sincerely hope that Iose wants to join the Hawks and become a part of the tradition!

170 feet (on May 10) is his all time best in the discus. This broke HIS previous record.

49’ 1.50” in the shot put (May 22, IL JR High Elite Track & Field Invitational)
Iose's numbers above as an 8th grader. Shot would have been 19th in Drake relays for high school. Discus would have been 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He definitely has skills.

Reactions: Torg and bowlhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT