ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offers Class of 2025 Iose Epenesa (pronounced Yo-say)

Using Iose as the example, if he wants to play for KFz and Parker you'd think he'd ask KFz if he was going to be around another 4 years. Sure he could always transfer, but I think most players would rather not.

Not sure what you mean by "Kirk ain't lying". I doubt he'd tell a kid "I plan to be here for your entire career" if he didn't mean it. But no coach knows exactly when he's going to retire so there's always honesty in a generic answer. KFz isn't going to say I've got 2 more years out loud. It would kill recruiting.

Regardless, you have to know recruits are wondering about it. If the offense sucks again this Fall...the timeline could easily shift.
KF’s age has to already be effecting recruiting. He will be sixety nine (69!) years old at the start the season. Let’s be honest, that isn’t a selling point for a high school prospect considering the Hawks.

KF’s age has to already be effecting recruiting. He will be sixety nine (69!) years old at the start the season. Let’s be honest, that isn’t a selling point for a high school prospect considering the Hawks.
Yes. He is not Saban.

Using Iose as the example, if he wants to play for KFz and Parker you'd think he'd ask KFz if he was going to be around another 4 years. Sure he could always transfer, but I think most players would rather not.

Not sure what you mean by "Kirk ain't lying". I doubt he'd tell a kid "I plan to be here for your entire career" if he didn't mean it. But no coach knows exactly when he's going to retire so there's always honesty in a generic answer. KFz isn't going to say I've got 2 more years out loud. It would kill recruiting.

Regardless, you have to know recruits are wondering about it. If the offense sucks again this Fall...the timeline could easily shift.
I wonder how many meals Kirk has had at the Epenesa house over the years and vice versa. Seriously like family between the two.

On one hand I hear what you're saying and on the other I'm pretty sure that family is well aware of Kirk's business model. The day-to-day interaction with him is minimal. You're walking into his school not his classroom. The staff stresses this model as well as all the other critical aspects of the progrum that recruits need to understand in order commit with informed consent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT