ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Ohio St Game Thread****

I am not overly optimistic Iowa can pull it together for 40 minutes. OSU by 10 =/-.

Keegan needs some help from his team mates today.
Keegan needs Fran to help his team and start Kris today…FFS Fran

Keegan 122, 100 +22
Kris 121, 102 +19
Filip 117, 105 +12

Pmac 110, 108 +2
sanfort 110, 109 +1

jobo 110, 112 -2
Ogundele 105, 106 -1

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Holtman made the statement that both Keegan AND Kris will be playing in the NBA, yet Kris doesn’t even start at Iowa. You can’t make this stuff up. Thanks a lot Fran.

Iowa finds ways to lose and will do so again because of Fran’s erratic sub patterns. Wish I was wrong but see Iowa losing by 10 to 15. tOSU just too athletic compared to Iowa, especially at the guard position.

Holtman made the statement that both Keegan AND Kris will be playing in the NBA, yet Kris doesn’t even start at Iowa. You can’t make this stuff up. Thanks a lot Fran.

Iowa finds ways to lose and will do so again because of Fran’s erratic sub patterns. Wish I was wrong but see Iowa losing by 10 to 15. tOSU just too athletic compared to Iowa, especially at the guard position.
“tOSU just too athletic compared to Iowa, especially at the guard position.”
well, hard to say tOSU more athletic than a back court of JoeT and Perk (with Ulis as back up)
and with Keegan and Kris on the perimeter

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Is a W is almost critical here ...?

I see a 3-3 finish as best case scenario for the Hawks, with this being one of the potential Ws.

We just lost to Michigan at home and avoided it being a land slide in the last 3 minutes luckily. Played unenthusiastically, per usual with no intensity until it manifested and we almost won a game we didn’t deserve.

don’t see us winning on the road, we have no Q1 road wins this year and we are extremely average and in the tourney right now because NET ranking is broke, with one of the weakest OOC schedules in the country (thanks Fran). I see us losing by 10+

P.S. posting this now to hopefully come back after the game to see “this didn’t age will” and responses ripping me apart for being a pessimist and moron, after we win by 20. Tempering my expectations on a Fan board 😂

edit: sorry for the shit grammar on my phone, this is almost unreadable (not that any of you give a shit).

I think Iowa wins somehow. Despite itself. I am usually watching games with a sleeping 5 month-old on me, so volume nearly at zero, but home games crack me up. The crowd clearly seems to like the “defensive” lineups better: Perk, Murrays, Joe T or Ulis, JBo on bench. I sit there and wonder if playing time were determined by crowd noise would the results be better?

It’s as though we all know, like plain as day know, which lineups just can’t guard anybody or make anybody uncomfortable, and we—each of us and collectively—dread them. The groans are almost audible even with the volume at near zero.

Whatever though I’ll watch and hope for the best—but I’m pretty sure my hope is the type that’ll drive a man insane.

FL-r9kPWYAExtvC

Hopefully Fran won't go psycho on refs in the tunnel afterward if his team plays like garbage and gets blown out. Again. Such an embarrassment

• Wow
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
We should be playing loose and hungry. Boys have got to know this game could put them in the NCAAs and we’re due for a tough win on the road. For gods sake, someone tell Kris not to get in foul trouble.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Thank god it's a big game...wait...how has Fran done in Big Games at Iowa? Big Ten Tourney? NCAA Tourney? Down the stretch with a bubble team? Just saying.

I've watched OSU play down low against some pretty good teams. It doesn't bode well for us. They have size...can go big across the front line...and destroy us on the boards. That would be the game plan for OSU. We do not match up well to their size. Iowa needs to team rebound...or this one gets out of hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT