ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-OSU B1G opener

Still up 1-0 after 4.5; need to start getting baserunners on before we get two outs deep

1-0 still....heading to bottom of 6th. Hawks have middle of order coming up (4-5-6 hitters).

Peyton has about 8 strikeouts, but logic dictates we likely will need more than 1 run to win this thing. In any event, Doodle certainly hopes he can keep fending off the enemy until the offensive cavalry arrives.

OSU ties it at 1 in the top of the 8th. Still batting with a runner at first and one away.

My bad, its still the 7th. It can be hard to track without any on-screen graphics.

Hawks coming to bat in the bottom of the 7th. Let's go Hawks!!

Damn, left a RISP stranded. Need the heart of our order to come through next inning.

And with that HR, Pat Porter is one short of the HR total for the entire Hawkeye roster this season....pretty obvious that power is our missing link.

Nice to see Day come through after sitting out for a while with injury. props to the solon boy!

The dream of every player, to hit the game winning homer with 2 out in the 9th...and in the Big Ten Tourney...and against the hated Buckeyes...and at the MLB home of the Twins. It can't get much better than that. The Hawkeyes continue to have a Heller of a season.

My mood made the very same change of attitude that this board did.

I was dismissing my students with the thought of, "Aw, hell. We're going to the losers bracket."

Check my phone 10 minutes later to watch Day's at bat and BOOM! Instant happiness

Go Hawks!!

Reactions: ichawk24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT