ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Poll: Should Trump run for president in 2024? Most Iowa Republicans say yes

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Seditious morans:

As former Republican President Donald Trump reportedly weighs the contours of a 2024 campaign, a majority of Iowa Republicans say they hope he launches a third White House run.

According to a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll, 57% of Iowa Republicans hope Trump decides to run for president in 2024. Another 33% hope he does not, and 10% are not sure.

But a minority of Iowans overall say they want Trump, 76, in the race. Among all Iowans, just 32% are hoping for another Trump campaign, while 57% hope he does not run. Another 11% are not sure.

Nick Hosch, a Dubuque Republican and poll respondent, said he’s eager to see Trump run again, arguing that Trump's four years in the White House haven’t changed who he is.

“He's not a politician. He's a businessperson,” said Hosch, 55. “There's too many politicians in Washington, DC. This country's a business.”

He likes Trump’s tough stance on securing the nation’s Southern border, and he believes Democratic President Joe Biden’s leadership has been “way off base.”

“Gas prices are just the beginning,” he said. “I mean, a year ago it cost me 50 bucks to fill up with fuel. The other day it cost me 100.”

Selzer & Co. conducted the poll of 811 Iowa adults, including 597 likely voters, July 10-13. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points for questions asked of all Iowans and 4 percentage points for questions asked of likely voters.

What a low IQ dumbass.

Nick Hosch, a Dubuque Republican and poll respondent, said he’s eager to see Trump run again, arguing that Trump's four years in the White House haven’t changed who he is.

“He's not a politician. He's a businessperson,” said Hosch, 55. “There's too many politicians in Washington, DC. This country's a business.”

I am not surprised either. Most people I work with and much of my family say they hope neither he nor Biden run again, but regardless who the candidates are they will vote Republican. Will be interesting to see how the midterms go.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I just can't believe that as shitty as the last 6 years have been overall (personally I'm doing great, thank you very much), that Biden and Trump are the best we can do. Why would anyone look at the United States post-Obama and say, "Yep, we need more of that." Why not support someone who's not mentally incapable for one reason or another and/or under 75 friggin' years old? The GOP is a cult and the DNC is undemocratic. I'm glad I don't have children.

According to a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll, 57% of Iowa Republicans hope Trump decides to run for president in 2024. Another 33% hope he does not, and 10% are not sure.
A little progress is worth celebrating.

1/3 of Iowa Republicans do not want Trump to run. This is a significant minority and suggests that most of these Republicans would not vote for Trump if he is a candidate in 2024.

In the months following his election defeat, Trump still held approximately 90% support in the GOP. If it has slipped to around 60% as this poll seems to indicate, that is a subtantial decline in party support.

That Trump still holds majority support among Republicans after all that has been revealed .... that's an indictment of the party. "Businessman" LOL. Scam artist.

Seditious morans:

As former Republican President Donald Trump reportedly weighs the contours of a 2024 campaign, a majority of Iowa Republicans say they hope he launches a third White House run.

But a minority of Iowans overall say they want Trump, 76, in the race. Among all Iowans, just 32% are hoping for another Trump campaign, while 57% hope he does not run. Another 11% are not sure.

He likes Trump’s tough stance on securing the nation’s Southern border, and he believes Democratic President Joe Biden’s leadership has been “way off base.”

“Gas prices are just the beginning,” he said. “I mean, a year ago it cost me 50 bucks to fill up with fuel. The other day it cost me 100.”

Selzer & Co. conducted the poll of 811 Iowa adults, including 597 likely voters, July 10-13. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points for questions asked of all Iowans and 4 percentage points for questions asked of likely voters.

Dumbass in the article talking about Trump being a businessman. Ummm, how many bankruptcies have Trump companies filed? Trump's talent isn't business, it's the ability to get people to loan him money and give him money.

Seditious morans:

Iowans - dumb.

A little progress is worth celebrating.

1/3 of Iowa Republicans do not want Trump to run. This is a significant minority and suggests that most of these Republicans would not vote for Trump if he is a candidate in 2024.

In the months following his election defeat, Trump still held approximately 90% support in the GOP. If it has slipped to around 60% as this poll seems to indicate, that is a subtantial decline in party support.

That Trump still holds majority support among Republicans after all that has been revealed .... that's an indictment of the party. "Businessman" LOL. Scam artist.
I appreciate your optimism, but I am convinced 90% of those 33% would still vote for Trump if he was the R nominee.

After Trunp won in 2016 I felt strongly that he should only serve one term. His win was a stunning upset. I felt that he should announce later on on his term that he would not seek re-election and was retiring. He could have gone out on top declaring that he was undefeated.

Reactions: goldmom
Seditious morans:

Idiots
Out
Wandering
Around

After Trunp won in 2016 I felt strongly that he should only serve one term. His win was a stunning upset. I felt that he should announce later on on his term that he would not seek re-election and was retiring. He could have gone out on top declaring that he was undefeated.
His "win" is why we are in shambles

• Haha
Reactions: skydog0784
I appreciate your optimism, but I am convinced 90% of those 33% would still vote for Trump if he was the R nominee.
Possible but also possible that many in that category would simply abstaiin from voting. I'm assuming that most of those 33% don't want him to run again because of what they have learned since his defeat (c/o J6C primarily).

I do believe the party support for Trump (and GOP candidates) will continue to gradually erode and especially among women and younger voters in the wake of the Dobbs decision. I will be really interested to watch trends in polling among GOP and Independent women leading up to the 2024 elections.

Seditious morans:

Told you my state gets dumber by the month.

Further evidence that most modern republicans just aren't good people. SMFH.... ashamed that I was one of them in the 90's, what they've devolved into is depressing
Same. I can’t believe I was one. I voted for Grassley twice. Gross.

Reactions: blhawk
While I'd prefer DeSantis, I don't really care. Just get us on the right track again.

Would even be fine with Tulsi, Manchin, or something of that nature.

He will run. I am hopeful he won’t win the nomination. He is old and watching slow joe with Alzheimer’s tells me we need someone a lot younger.

Reactions: goldmom
U do realize he'll claim undefeated no matter what. Those bankruptcy's weren't his fault. Same with the divorces or cheating on wives. Reality need not apply to him.

Trump undefeated? Only if you don’t count popular votes....Hilary smacked his ass there, buddyboy. Even Junior won one election’s popular vote.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT