ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa post-game radio

• Thread starter anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
  • Start date
A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

Wow, Dolphin and Bobby Hansen are falling all over themselves in their determined effort not to criticize Illinois or the refs for the rugby match that ended with an Illinois assistant going after Connor McCaffery. Dolphin has always been a joke, but I was pretty surprised that Bobby just blew it off. He said Illinois was apparently upset with Weiskamp's dunk. OMG.

Bobby never took anything off anyone when he played, but instead of calling Illinois out, he just took the company line. That's pretty disappointing.

Illinois didn't like the dunk. Wow. Just wow. They could have quit whenever they wanted and got an earlier start back home. :rolleyes:

Reactions: arrrrrghhhh!
No, he didn't. Bobby said he "forgot" to ask about that. :rolleyes:

Bobby doesn't want to placed on retirement track like Dolph.

Wow, Dolphin and Bobby Hansen are falling all over themselves in their determined effort not to criticize Illinois or the refs for the rugby match that ended with an Illinois assistant going after Connor McCaffery. Dolphin has always been a joke, but I was pretty surprised that Bobby just blew it off. He said Illinois was apparently upset with Weiskamp's dunk. OMG.

Bobby never took anything off anyone when he played, but instead of calling Illinois out, he just took the company line. That's pretty disappointing.

Illinois didn't like the dunk. Wow. Just wow. They could have quit whenever they wanted and got an earlier start back home. :rolleyes:
Okay.....

He said Illinois was apparently upset with Weiskamp's dunk. OMG.

If you don't wanna get dunked on, call the D off and let the clock run out.
They gambled on trying to get a steal, W made them pay for it. That's how you play the game.

Had W dunked on them after they'd shut their defense off, THAT would have been a dick move. But it ain't what happened.

Dolph has more miles behind him than
ahead of him. He is definitely in the dusky
twilight of his career at the mike for Iowa
games. Hopefully, there will someone who
has the energetic appeal to call the next
decade of Hawkeye games.

Not a big deal. Illinois does have a tremendous coach though. Reminds me of Gene Keady with his mannerisms

Yep, they've always had some at least decent talent since Self left, but they often seemed undisciplined with too many ball stoppers on offense. Illinois is going to be solid as long as BW is there.

ADVERTISEMENT