ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa potential bowl destinations

If USC is a one loss PAC 12 Champ the consensus seems to be they'll be in over Meatchigan

USC better be in over a 1-loss Michigan. Michigan played the 3 worst teams in D1 in their OOC games. Nevada, Hawaii, Umass--an absolute joke. If they lose to OSU, Michigan's best win might (unbelievably) be on the road at Iowa in week 5.

Reactions: JLDHAWK
USC better be in over a 1-loss Michigan. Michigan played the 3 worst teams in D1 in their OOC games. Nevada, Hawaii, Umass--an absolute joke. If they lose to OSU, Michigan's best win might (unbelievably) be on the road at Iowa in week 5.
They beat Penn St who will likely be 10-2 & a top 10 team (and their non-con was Colorado St, Hawaii & Uconn)

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyePillowBiter
the fact that this Iowa team with a truly putrid offense is in any discussion for a major bowl is nothing short of astounding.
Phil Parker needs both of the Ferentz’s paychecks.
Why is it that you give all the credit to the defense to Parker? Is KF still not the head coach? So...if you are giving him the blame for the offense, doesn't he equally deserve credit for the defense? I know that doesn't fit everyone's narrative of hating on KF...so you just give all the credit to the Parker.

And what about the special teams too? I would argue that unit may be the best of the 3 after Saturday. But that credit all goes to Woods I assume...since we can't give any credit to KF.

Why is it that you give all the credit to the defense to Parker? Is KF still not the head coach? So...if you are giving him the blame for the offense, doesn't he equally deserve credit for the defense? I know that doesn't fit everyone's narrative of hating on KF...so you just give all the credit to the Parker.

And what about the special teams too? I would argue that unit may be the best of the 3 after Saturday. But that credit all goes to Woods I assume...since we can't give any credit to KF.
I’m not totally blaming KF for the offense. He was painted into a corner hiring his kid . Brian deserves the blame, and while talking coaching hires I include Barnett who seems to be in over his head with the OL.

Kids, the feeling now about still being in "it" to play for the conference title is what is coming in a much bigger fashion nationwide when we go to the 12 team playoff. All kinds of amped up fanbases at the end of future seasons. media companies will be like give me yo money to advertisers!

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyePillowBiter
Win and win = Rose
Win and lose = Outback (assume OSU/Mich loser to NY6, PSU to Citrus)
Lose = Music city
After sleeping on it, I think the Lose scenario is the Guaranteed Rate bowl. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
And yes, the Outback is the Reliaquest Bowl now, but we will still eat bloomin onions with a win.

Kirk should have called the ref over and grabbed his flag and chucked it to make sure they worked.

Did they pose that question to Kirk post game whether he had ever been part of a no flag game?
Yes they did. He said he wasn't aware it hadn't happened since 1986, until the reporters told him. (I think KF likes to pull the wool). He joked that when he got home, Mary said they missed a lot of holding calls in that one. Seems she does know some football, huh.....

So...2 questions if anyone can answer:
For teams that do not make a bowl game, do they have to cease practicing and all of that until Spring Ball?

Where does everyone see Iowa heading as it appears Illinois at least will win today.

So...2 questions if anyone can answer:
For teams that do not make a bowl game, do they have to cease practicing and all of that until Spring Ball?

Where does everyone see Iowa heading as it appears Illinois at least will win today.

Yes to first question.

Reactions: TheHawk86
ADVERTISEMENT