ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Iowa Pro Day Results

Apr 8, 2003
Iowa Pro Day Results
Blair Sanderson | Editor

p7akripo1fez8scnzlzi

Desmond King ran a 4.52 forty at Iowa's Pro Day this afternoon.
USA TODAY SPORTS

The Iowa Hawkeyes held their annual Pro Day on Monday with representatives from all 32 teams in attendance.

According to our sources, here are the results from the Iowa players that participated.

---

Riley McCarron

5'9", 188 lbs.

4.36 forty (1.39 10-yd)

3.96 shuttle

6.47 3-cone

40.5" vertical

10'4" broad jump

---

Desmond King

5' 10-1/8", 203 lbs.

4.52 forty on 1st attempt (1.46 10yd)

4.55 forty on 2nd attempt (1.51 10yd)

Sticking with his combine numbers on the rest of the drills

---

George Kittle

6'4.0", 251 lbs.

4.07 shuttle

6.76 3-cone

38.5" vertical

---

Jaleel Johnson

6' 2-7/8", 299 lbs.

5.08 forty (1.74 10-yd)

8'5" broad jump

---

C.J. Beathard

6' 2-7/8", 219 lbs.

4.03 shuttle

6.76 3-cone

34.5" vertical

9'4" broad jump

---

LeShun Daniels Jr.

5' 10-7/8", 222 lbs.

4.50 forty (1.49 10-yd)

4.17 shuttle

6.94 3-cone

36" vertical

9'6" broad jump

21 bench reps

---

Cole Croston

6'5-1/2", 314 lbs.

5.21 forty (1.67 10-yd)

4.39 shuttle

7.38 3-cone

32.5" vertical

8'7.5" broad jump

17 bench reps

---

Faith Ekakitie

6' 1-1/8", 304 lbs.

5.05 forty (1.68 10-yd)

4.50 shuttle

7.54 3-cone

28.5" vertical

8'5" broad jump

24 bench reps

---

Anthony Gair

6' 0-5/8", 212 lbs.

4.62 forty (1.56 10-yd)

4.31 shuttle7.28 3-cone

34" vertical

9'1" broad jump

9 bench reps

---

Jake Duzey

6' 3-1/2", 245 lbs.

4.62 forty (1.54 10-yd)

4.16 shuttle

7.12 3-cone

34" vertical

9'7" broad jump

23 bench reps

---

Ron Coluzzi

5' 11.0", 195 lbs.

---

Visit HawkeyeReport.com and the Hawkeye Lounge for the latest on Iowa football.

Reactions: ichawk24
Daniels 40 is pretty impressive too.

I said early on when people were intentionally or unintentionally disparaging LD's value he'dd run a 4.55 or better. That's Shonn Greene territory and just as big.

I'm also only mildly surprised by McCarron's time. I thought he'd be mid 4.4's....Honestly our fans, at least the bitter complainers wouldn't know a fast guy if he punched them in the face.

Only bad numbers for mccarron were the ones he couldn't control. 5'9" 188lbs.

Only bad numbers for mccarron were the ones he couldn't control. 5'9" 188lbs.

This made sense about 10 years ago. Seems like more and more teams are signing small WRs
Steve Smith, Jr. 5ft9,185
Desean Jackson 5ft10 180
Wes Welker 5ft9, 185
Antonio Brown 5ft10 188
Julian Edelman 5ft10 200
Santana Moss 5ft10 189
others

Not saying McCarron belongs in that group or that he should make it in the NFL but his size will not be the deciding factor. Hs speed will be a definite plus. Here's hoping he can make a strong impression during Summer camps.

Route running, catching the ball, knowing where the hot routes are and where to sit down in the zone are all more important attributes for a wide receiver than speed or even size. I like Riley but he's got a long long ways to go to show that he can do any of that.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
His size or lack thereof will absolutely effect his draft status. Names mentioned were or are very good players but each were downgraded at draft time because of measureables. Without production to help counter the small size I think he will be strictly a rookie free agent camp invite and will go undrafted.

His size or lack thereof will absolutely effect his draft status. Names mentioned were or are very good players but each were downgraded at draft time because of measureables. Without production to help counter the small size I think he will be strictly a rookie free agent camp invite and will go undrafted.

FWIW it would be literally shocking for him to be drafted.

In my opinion one of the biggest weakness of Riley M is he let the ball get into his body instead of snatching it with his hands. That is one of the strengths of VandeBerg, will catch the ball in a crowd with his hands.

Question for Blair or anyone, Who run's the school's pro-day? Does the NFL bring there combine people or is it run by the school's football program?

From what I've gathered reading about Iowas pro day over the years it is % fostered by Iowa...

The only involvement by the NFL is them sending scouting personnel that's it. That's what I've been led to believe however if I'm wrong I do apologize

Question for Blair or anyone, Who run's the school's pro-day? Does the NFL bring there combine people or is it run by the school's football program?
I'd have to assume, that the Pro days at each school are run by that teams staff. I believe Doyle has a large hand in this.Given the numbers of NFL people who rave about the way this event is run at Iowa, tells me that its not run by the NFL's people. This event at Iowa is usually attended by all 32 teams, and some send multiple representatives. My understanding is thats not the case at every school's pro day.

Reactions: Football_Mom23
I saw that Trevor Heitland (Coe College All American Runningback) was invited to participate in ISU's pro day. Heard his 40 time and bench. Looking for his other numbers. Anyone seen them?

From what I've gathered reading about Iowas pro day over the years it is % fostered by Iowa...

The only involvement by the NFL is them sending scouting personnel that's it. That's what I've been led to believe however if I'm wrong I do apologize

So, is it just Iowa players, or do they invite guys from other teams in the region?

So, is it just Iowa players, or do they invite guys from other teams in the region?

As Blair said and obviously would know better than all of us...:D I do however think they have accommodated some local small college kids in years past that had NFL aspirations?

As Blair said and obviously would know better than all of us...:D I do however think they have accommodated some local small college kids in years past that had NFL aspirations?
It's been awhile, but yeah I remember a kid from St. Ambrose that worked out at Iowa's Pro Day about 10 years ago maybe.

I know when Brandon Wegher was looking around for one, he was told Iowa's Pro Day is now only for Iowa players, so he went to ISU's.

Reactions: perryhawk
It's been awhile, but yeah I remember a kid from St. Ambrose that worked out at Iowa's Pro Day about 10 years ago maybe.

I know when Brandon Wegher was looking around for one, he was told Iowa's Pro Day is now only for Iowa players, so he went to ISU's.
I'm not sure if thats a hard and strict policy. I think we all know why Wegher was told he wasn't welcome at the pro day. I'm sure it had more to do with his walking out on the team a couple of weeks before the season started. Not to mention, I wouldn't be shocked if KF put in a word for him with Bob, to get him on at Oklahoma. When he blew that deal off as well, that was probably the last bridge to be burned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT